Far Cry New Dawn Target Practice treasure hunt | Find the machine and shoot the targets

The Target Practice treasure hunt in Far Cry New Dawn has you solving a small puzzle to get to the cache. As the name suggests the puzzle requires you to shoot several targets, but it can be tricky to figure out just how to do so. We’ll tell you how to enter the cave in the Target Practice treasure hunt in Far Cry New Dawn and how to shoot the targets to open the door to the treasure.

Far Cry New Dawn Target Practice treasure hunt location

How to find the machine in the Target Practice treasure hunt in Far Cry New Dawn

Far Cry New Dawn Target Practice treasure hunt note location

When you arrive at the junkyard, you can find a note on the hood of a rusty truck that will start the hunt. It’s a note from a Highwayman that reads:

From all the gears and shit scattered around here, it looks like someone was trying to build some kinda machine.

Whatever it is, I’m guessing it’s gonna be fucking huge. Check out the area and report back when you find it. Maybe it’s something we can use.

Far Cry New Dawn Target Practice treasure hunt zip line

To find the machine, you’ll want to jump onto the partially buried house. Here you’ll see a zip line that you can take that leads to a hole in the ground. Zip down the line and jump down in the hole.

Near the bottom of the drop-off, you’ll want to head up the flight of wooden steps. You’ll find yourself in a chamber that contains a large machine with spinning gears. Here you’ll have to solve a puzzle to open the door to the treasure.

How to shoot the targets in the Target Practice Treasure hunt in Far Cry New Dawn

Far Cry New Dawn Target Practice treasure hunt machine

On the right side of the door you’ll find a note on a crate that tells how to release the lock:

Nadine’s Journal

Seventeen years of this miserable Collapse.

Seventeen years all by myself, thinking of revenge.

This machine started off as a bunker gate. Then I made it a target gallery. Then I made it both.

I imagined that the targets were all the people who made fun of me for my comic book collection.

Pull the lever, hit all the targets on each side, and presto: instant therapy and access to the bunker.

Like the note says, you have to pull the lever to start the puzzle. You’ll have to shoot four targets on the left side of the door and then four more on the right side of the entrance to open the lock. You must start on the left side, and you can find the targets in the following location:

Far Cry New Dawn Target Practice treasure hunt left target 1

Behind the upper right part of the spinning wheel.

Far Cry New Dawn Target Practice treasure hunt left target 2

Spinning below the large gear behind the bars in the upper right part of the wall.

Far Cry New Dawn Target Practice treasure hunt left target 3 and 4

The last two will appear sliding behind the junction box at the lower part of the wall.

After you hit the last target on the left, a giant ball will fall into the trash can by the door and activate the mechanism on the right side of the room.

Far Cry New Dawn Target Practice treasure hunt right targets

All four targets on the right side of the room just pop up and down behind the metal barrier at the bottom. Pick all four of them off, and a ball will fall into the trashcan on the right. The lock to the treasure cache will then be released.

Far Cry New Dawn Target Practice treasure hunt rewards

Far Cry New Dawn Target Practice treasure hunt bunker

You’ll get the usual smattering of items for completing the Target Practice treasure hunt in Far Cry New Dawn. You’ll also get a chance to read about Nadine’s fate:

Nadine’s Journal

Before the Collapse, Eden’s Gate destroyed our homes and turned everything to shit. Now the Highwaymen are here doing the exact same thing.

I can’t live through that again. I have to leave all this behind.

I’ve got seventeen years of target practice. I’m going to pack up and leave, and search the country for any comic books that are left. I’ll have the world’s best—and only—collection.

That’s something worth seeing.

Far Cry New Dawn Target Practice treasure hunt tape recorder

Of note, you’ll get 45 Far Cry Credits, 3 perk magazines, and the usual cache of Titanium in the safe. Also, make sure to check near the microwave for an audio log.

You can also now unlock the door at the rear of the bunker for a shortcut back to the surface.

Upcoming Releases

Return to Derceto Manor in this reimagination of Alone in the Dark, a love letter to the 1992 cult classic horror game.
Dragon's Dogma is a single player, narrative driven action-RPG that challenges players to choose their own experience – from the appearance of their Arisen, their vocation, their party, how to approach different situations and more. On your journey, you’ll be joined by Pawns, mysterious otherworldly beings, in an adventure so unique you will feel as if accompanied by other players…
Rise of the Rōnin is a combat focused open-world action RPG that takes place in Japan at a time of great change. It is the very end of a 300-year long Edo Period, commonly known as “Bakumatsu”. Set in the late 19th century, Japan is facing the darkest of times as it struggles with its oppressive rulers and deadly diseases…
The wicked Grape and the Sour Bunch have taken over the Sparkle Theater, and now it's up to Peach and the theater's guardian Stella to save the play––and the day! Peach can transform and use fantastic showstopping abilities to face off against the Sour Bunch. Fend off the Sour Bunch with sensational swordplay as a swordfighter...en garde! In another role,…

Reviews

X