More Reviews
REVIEWS Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapph Review
In some way, Pokémon and the relationships they form with their trainers wind up teaching the player something completely different than what you might suspect.

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Review
Batman and friends team up for another Lego adventure.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Silence: The Whispered World II Preview
With its absolutely gorgeous sequel, Daedalic aims to create a mid-range difficulty adventure title that will expand the genre to a larger audiences.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Release date: Out Now

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
Release date: 12/02/14

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Release date: 12/16/14

Kalimba
Release date: 12/17/14

LATEST FEATURES Black Friday 2014 Video Game Deals Buyer's Guide
Looking to score the most bang for your buck the day after Thanksgiving? Well look no further! Our Black Friday guide is just the tool you need.

With Two Paths to Walk This Fall, I Recommend Assassins Play AC Unity Over AC Rogue
For fans of this series, it'll be a decision based on hardware. For enthusiasts, returning to the brand's roots will prove enticing.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
Wish List for Fallout 4
By oblivion437
Posted on 11/24/14
So I promised that list and here it is.  It's late and it's not as thorough as I'd hoped.  I also wish I had images handy to illustrate every point where helpful.  So, in no particular order - a subjective set of desired features for Fallout 4: Things to...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GR Productions Present: Ocarina of Time [Malon]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: GR Productions Present: Ocarina of Time [Malon] Reply with quote

Yup, Its that time again! We, the Board Members of the GR Production Company, have to decide what direction we would like to take our favorite game-to-film adaptions towards. In this instance, the next film on our list is Zelda!

Independent of casting, which we all have a say in - I wanted input for you guys before the director, studio, and cast is chosen - to first chose which story we will tell. There are many ways to tell this story and as someone who only knows about it through reviews and peers (never having played it first hand) Its a bit confusing. The general story I get, but if I was going to explain Zelda to another adult [sub plot wise], I'd be lost. So here is my question:
Are we starting with the Legend of Zelda or are we going George Lukas and starting with Majora's Mask and will assume that most people who want to view the film will have some base knowledge as to its events? You tell me. Which film are we making GR? As usual, I'd like to make a live action version of this, but I'm open to any and all suggestions [b/c VO's by themselves make for a boring Thread].

My two cents - I say we start from the beginning.. More of an opportunity to bleed the series dry over a period of 15 year movies. Twisted Evil

[slient hill will be next don't worry]

Produced by: Warner Bros.

Directed by: Guillermo Del Toro

Link - Lucas Till

Young Zelda - Elle Fanning

Navi - Voice - Dakota Fanning

Gannondorf - Ron Perlman

Nabooru - Nazanin Boniadi

Impa - Uma Thurman

Princess Ruto - Abigail Breslin

Darunia - Warren Reid

Saria - Bonnie Wright

Rauru - Christopher Lee

Mido - Michael Cera

The Great Deku Tree - James Earl Jones

King Zora - Voice - Joe Pasquale

Next Up: Malon -

Candidates:

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.

Last edited by UrbanMasque on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 55 times in total
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind waker. You know, the only good one.

*Fixes his collar and walks away*
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying that we should start with Skyward Sword first? Or The original Legend of Zelda?
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man... ciberjim, please don't bring the Zelda timeline in here. We got enough time bable talk in zelda communities already, let's not bring them here.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just waiting to see which actor Longo will choose this time around.

My money's on Russell Crowe.

OK - Seriously, I think Ocarina of Time...it's the best known one and probably has the best plot whilst being the easiest to understand.
Also has the graphics where we can just about cast people to the faces.
In Limbo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I always thought it was retarded how the original 8 bit zelda games were at the end of the story. What a convoluted mess it is trying to connect this series.

I agree with Matt, Ocarina of Time makes the most sense. I mean most people call Link Zelda, but it's the highest rated game of the franchise, and to some the highest rated game of all time.
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:

Also has the graphics where we can just about cast people to the faces.

I like this idea

De-Ting wrote:

WickedLiquid wrote:
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say that ocarina of time is timeless only to the fans while Windwaker is timeless to everyone else. That and the plot is actually more audience friendly (no time traveling). Each island could easily be a different set and the characters are more well rounded, identifiable and reliable to the audience.

Also, don't forget that while it's true ocarina of time starts off in that forest village, in Windwaker, the first town you start in sets up how the world works, the lore and the different type of people you can encounter (like the bird people).

...And darn it! the idea of making a ocarina of time film/remake/fanfilm/retelling/cartoon/opera/whatever has been proposed to the freakin' ground so many times that it reach the other side of earth already! Let's give another zelda game a chance... or better yet make our own script.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you start with Ocarina of Time, it will be the most recognizable as a story.

It is also the easiest story to tell, and if were really going to start a series based on Zelda, it is the best jumping off point because we then have 3 diverging points to choose from. Skyward Sword, Minish Cap and so forth will be difficult to portray on screen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oot
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
I still say that ocarina of time is timeless only to the fans while Windwaker is timeless to everyone else. .

So who is our audience? We cash grabbing or we making this thing as pure as we can? It sounds like we're leaning towards Ocarina.

De-Ting wrote:

WickedLiquid wrote:
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ya gonna cater to just the fan, expect a scott pilgrim syndrom here. A one hit wonder, no sequel of any sort planned for the next decade or two.

If ya gonna do this, think it's still a good idea to make it Ocarina of time?
Wes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest Skyward Sword?

Not just because it's the first game in the time-line but because the game focuses on Zelda right from the start. In other games, it begins with Link and his life-long female friend, but in Skyward Sword, Zelda is that friend. She feels closer to Link than in any other game and the story tells a perfect relationship between the two.
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official GR Productions Press Release:

"Someone has to take a stance against the money flooding the industry and put their foot down against spamming out cash grab flix! We at GR like to raise the bar and make films for the game enthusiast. If you feel as though you missed key plot points in our films, maybe you weren't paying attention or aren't as big a fanboy as you proclaim to be. We will not tow to the teenie boppers! Which is why we are announcing the Pre-Production Status of the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time"

Next Up: Storyline & Important Characters

You're call
*Who is an absolute necessity to the story we are trying to tell?
*Who will be important the sub plot characters?
*Is there anything we want to emphasize?
*We want story, but how much of the film will we want people to marvel at the action/graphics and layout of the land?

***Most importantly - Our first big decision - Who should handle altering the Score and adapting it w/ a more modern feel? [Youtube links welcomed]

De-Ting wrote:

WickedLiquid wrote:
Wes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:

UrbanMasque wrote:
No.

Well ok then. But how the hell are you going to fit Ocarina of Time into a 2-3 hour movie? You could fill the first two hours just with Child Link's journey. If you want to do the game justice it would have to be done as a trilogy like Lord of the Rings.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Push the paper sheet off the table and waves his hands in the air as he walks out the door*
Welp! I'm off!

See y'all at the silent hill meeting where i'm sure everyone will vote for the silent hill 3 instead of 2. I'm gonna play windwaker and twilight princess till this wreck is over. Heck even wes had a point with skyward sword.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
Wes wrote:

UrbanMasque wrote:
No.

Well ok then. But how the hell are you going to fit Ocarina of Time into a 2-3 hour movie? You could fill the first two hours just with Child Link's journey. If you want to do the game justice it would have to be done as a trilogy like Lord of the Rings.

I...agree.

It really is the only way to do it

First movie is all Child Link up to the Temple of Time, which makes sense. Second movie could be Child Link and Adult Link, maybe doing the Forest temple as the climax against Shadow Ganon.

Third movie, we open in the Water Temple (yeah we lose Fire Temple sadly) and the Morpha Fight, and show off Link's progress, then go to Gerudo Valley then finally face off Ganon for the final battle.

*Who is an absolute necessity to the story we are trying to tell?

Link, Zelda/Sheik, Gannondorf, Navi, Saria, The Sages, Epona, The Deku Tree, Phantom Ganon

*Who will be important the sub plot characters?

*Is there anything we want to emphasize?

We need to emphasize the growth of the character. This is a classic heroe's journey, the hero needs to go on that journey and become more capable and seasoned as we go.

As an example, I always saw Link's fear of Gannondorf in the chase scene to be overcome against his battle with Phantom Ganon in the Forest Temple. That shows growth of the character of Link without the need for words, only atmosphere and action.

That should be the movies focus, and we can't turn Zelda into a wallflower either. I don't mean she should fight or anything (although her fighting as Sheik for example would be a cool extra) but show strength in her position knowing what is ahead. The garden scene with child Link is important in that way, as is Link's interactions with her as Sheik.

*We want story, but how much of the film will we want people to marvel at the action/graphics and layout of the land?

We need some cover shots of the land for sure, establishment shots that show the gravity of Hyrule and the world. I would suggest we focus more on the story though, the action can come at its normal intervals in the dungeons.
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
Wes wrote:

UrbanMasque wrote:
No.

Sorry bro - Totally didn't say no, but in the interest of moving the thread and no more incoming comments (i was writing my post while you were writing yours judging by the timestamp) I saw the majority of votes went to OoT.

I think Link is on to something with emphasizing the character growth and using 3 films to do so, but then maybe this isn't a film. Perhaps it would fit best as our first hour long episodic broken down into a 9+ episode season - which wouldn't necessarily force us to lose anything in the story, but it would change which studios we work with to bring it to life and what network shows it.

Does anyone else have any characters/sub characters to add? I stress sub characters now since it seems like it would be more fitting for an episodic, because then people would get attached to these cameos and it gives us more liberties in casting.

Does a TV series seem like a better fit or are we sticking with the Film version of OoT (which will have to be renamed but understood as the OoT saga).

Oh yea, I nominate this kid to do our soundtrack - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixuxxjQSXZQ

De-Ting wrote:

WickedLiquid wrote:
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Movies man, movies!

As for characters we'll need Link, Zelda, Gannondorf, all the sages, Epona, The Deku Tree, that dipshit Mido, the farmers who look like Mario and Luigi with the daughter who grows up into a hottie, that fatass Zora King, oh and the owl, gotta have that stupid owl.

Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of Epona in this movie will make or break it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12
Jump to: