Tell GR | How many consoles do you own?

Back in the day, console manufacturers attempted to instill a sense of loyalty in gamers with ad campaigns like “Genesis does what Nintendon’t.” These days, while many still only opt for one console, brands have all but given up on trying to make you fly the flag for their product. Microsoft now works hand-in-hand with Nintendo on cross-platform play; Sony has even (belatedly) jumped into the mixer by allowing for cross-play with Fortnite. The console wars are no more.

Now that we’re older, wiser, and have a bit more cash than our younger selves, we can also invest in all of these glorious consoles that we may have missed back in the day. Some of us even purchase multiple current-gen consoles, so that can keep on top of all the exclusive game releases. The GameRevolution editorial team owns a good number of consoles both new and old between them, but we want to know how many consoles YOU own.

Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, we’ll feature our favorite response in tomorrow’s Tell GR!

Paul Tamburro, executive editor: “I own a PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch, GameCube, SNES, N64, PlayStation, PS2, 3DS, 3DS XL, and several Game Boys that seem to rotate between bathrooms so I can play Tetris while I do my business. I used to own more, though I moved house late last year and so got rid of a whole bunch that I wasn’t ever going to use in the near future (see: Dreamcast).”

Jason Faulkner, senior editor: “Right now I think (there might something in storage I forgot) I have 21 consoles, 18 handhelds, and 3 others:

Consoles:

GameCube

Magnavox Odyssey 2

N64

Panasonic 3DO

Phillips CD-i

PlayStation

PlayStation 2

PlayStation 3

PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4 Pro

Sega Dreamcast

Sega Genesis

Sega Saturn

SNES

Switch

Wii

Wii U

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One X

Handhelds:

Bandai Wonderswan Color

Game Boy

Game Boy Advance

Game Boy Advance SP

Game Boy Color

Game Gear

Nintendo 2DS

Nintendo 2DS XL

Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo 3DS XL

Nintendo DS

Nintendo DS XL

Nintendo DSi

Nintendo New 3DS

Nintendo New 3DS XL

PlayStation Vita

Sony PSP

Sony PSP Go

Other:

Commodore 64

GPD XD

Retron 5

I may have more in storage, and some of these I have multiples of. A lot of the older ones were bought used on eBay or locally at pretty low prices. All of them work great too except for the Odyssey 2 and the Commodore which I’m saving for rainy day projects.”

Mack Ashworth, features editor: “I own a PS4 Pro and a Nintendo Switch, both purely for exclusives. I had an Xbox One, but then Microsoft started bringing Xbox games to PC, so I sold it. All previous gen systems either broke or I sold them to help fund the next-gen purchases.”

Bradley Russell, news editor: “Right now, I only really use two consoles (PS4 and Xbox One), but have several either gathering dust or mixed up in a bunch of wires somewhere in the back o’ beyond. At last count, it was around eight or nine. I’m a bit of a hoarder when it comes to games consoles so I’m sure that number will only increase as the years go on, unfortunately.”

Michael Leri, features editor: “I only actually have three consoles and two handhelds: PS4, PS3, Vita, Xbox One, and a 2DS. The last two are gathering dust and I really only bought them because I got a great deal on them. I also hope to get a Switch this year, which will be the first Nintendo console I’ve ever owned. It’s about time.”

Yesterday’s best comment

Question: What’s the most disappointing game you’ve ever played? 

Dipped In Butter: “Brute Force. This was fresh off the Halo 1 days of XBox, and the Brute Force trailer looked awesome. Character Class-based Co-op 3rd person shooter, the perfect followup to the zillions of hours I had put into Halo 1 with my neighborhood buddies. Me and all my friends were omega hyped that Brute Force could stand next to Halo as the next great co op shooter.

And it sucked. Brute Force and to a large extent Peter Molyneux taught me a valuable lesson about overhype.”

Upcoming Releases

Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

9 SCUF Reflex Review
SCUF is the brand that comes to mind for most people when it comes to custom gaming controllers. It’s been…
X