More Reviews
REVIEWS Sid Meier's Civilization Revolut Review
Not quite historically accurate but where else can you achieve world domination in one hour?

Pulstar Review
A twinstick shooter lacking features and a bit too simple.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Space Engineers Preview
Exploring the vacuum of space gets easier when you don’t actually have to make the jump, but you can still get lost out there.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red
Release date: Out Now

Amazing Princess Sarah
Release date: Out Now

Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth
Release date: 07/15/14

Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

LATEST FEATURES The Best Games of 2014 So Far
Which games have earned contention in this year’s Game of the Year considerations? With six months behind us, these are the best games of 2014 thus far.

Salute Perhaps The Best, Most Mature Game of the Generation
"Mature" meaning actually mature, not just tits and violence. Come get all serious with me!

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP LinksOcarina
Where Did Makoto Go?
By LinksOcarina
Posted on 07/07/14
Meet Makoto.   Like any character from an RPG, Makoto has his own quirks to stand out in his game, Enchanted Arms . For Makoto, he is a support character who uses the element of Light for most of his spell casting, along with a saxophone as a conduit. He is also impulsive...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Elder Scrolls: Future
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: The Elder Scrolls: Future Reply with quote

What if they brought the Elder Scrolls universe into a Scifi-fantasy setting? I got this idea while running threw the Colovian Highlands on Oblivion, and looking up at the two moons in the night sky. So close, yet so far. So I wondered, what if space travel were possible? Then, it hit me.

Lizard people in high-tech space suits, golems and daedra that can survive the vacuum of space, long-lost dwemer technology that was millenniums ahead of it's time, and of course, magic, to tie it all together.

I've gotten myself all worked up about this. I need that greatness. Games, meet the next generation of awesome.

o--(^-^)--o
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, considering "space" in the elder scrolls games are literally a series of planets (all already reachable through portals between worlds) contained in a magical shell...

It wouldn't work.

Fun fact, there is no "sun" in the Elder Scrolls. That giant ball of fire in the sky is actually a hole in the magical shell that tons and tons and tons of magic is coming through.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE Morrowind (Oblivion a little less, Skyrim a lot less) but I'm not all that into the lore of the Elder Scrolls series, so much. It's maybe above average for a realized fantasy world, but I could do without a lot of it.

Longo's your man for this. I think he likes the lore more than the games.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Well, considering "space" in the elder scrolls games are literally a series of planets (all already reachable through portals between worlds) contained in a magical shell...

It wouldn't work.

Fun fact, there is no "sun" in the Elder Scrolls. That giant ball of fire in the sky is actually a hole in the magical shell that tons and tons and tons of magic is coming through.

Do you have references?

o--(^-^)--o
used44

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:

It wouldn't work.

Do you have references?

Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Future Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:
What if they brought the Elder Scrolls universe into a Scifi-fantasy setting?

I thought they already did. It was called fallout.

*Taps microphone*
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
Longo's your man for this. I think he likes the lore more than the games.

Mostly because the Elder Scrolls is the only major franchise I can think of where every game has LESS than the previous title. I've put a good amount of time into Oblivion and Morrowind, but I couldn't stomach more than one playthrough of Skyrim.

And what makes the Elder Scrolls lore fun is it's very atypical for a typical Tolkien world (ie, Orcs were created when a Daedra Lord swallowed up a race and pooped out the Orcs, or how the dwarves one day just decided that they weren't going to exist anymore and poofed themselves away). I'm not a huge lore fanboy, though.

Luckily, someone made a handy little picture of the outer space area.

Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Future Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
De-Ting wrote:
What if they brought the Elder Scrolls universe into a Scifi-fantasy setting?

*Taps microphone*
Haha. Not post-apocalyptic, retro-steampunk-future, but glorious, magic-driven technological advancement.

o--(^-^)--o
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not Elder Scrolls, but a whole new sci-fi game in the ES style would be pretty cool.
Thinking about it, the Elder Scrolls wouldn't be scrolls in the future, they'd be tablets or something?!
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait hold on Longo, are you actually saying that there was actual lore in oblivion?

Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, most of it was written in Daggerfall and Morrowind, and then all of the books in Oblivion are just carry overs of those.
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
Thinking about it, the Elder Scrolls wouldn't be scrolls in the future, they'd be tablets or something?!
The Elder .txt Files?

o--(^-^)--o
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:

It wouldn't work.

Do you have references?

Here's a short sum up.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mundus

Here's the long one from in game:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Monomyth

In short, it's thanks to the sun (Or the rip) that there is magic in Mundus (think of it as "the elder scroll galaxy"), that also includes Nirn (or "planet elder scroll").
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really looking forward to the Elders Scrolls: Online game, I'm predicting that it's going to be another MMO similar to that of WoW... but hey, I could be wrong.

I wish there as a MOD to play Skyrim as a multiplayer game, with mates or something.

As for a single player game, I think Bethesda is going to have to work their arse off to top Skyrim. Oblivion was an okay game in my book, but Skyrim completely blew me away.

A little off topic, I'm looking forward to the next Fallout game by Bethesda. Smile
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the gameplay of ESO and it kinda looks like it'll have similar gameplay as Skyrim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT90VfLVdhI
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjim2000 wrote:
I've seen the gameplay of ESO and it kinda looks like it'll have similar gameplay as Skyrim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT90VfLVdhI

SOLD! Now where do i pre-order this thing... huh.... Oh it's free? DOUBLE SOLD! TAKE MY MONEY ANYWAY!

Also take a shot everything he says "Immersion" and "progression" in the video, You'll get tanked
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elder Scrolls Online is starting as Free-To-Play?

Now if only it didn't fuck with the lore...
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to clarify, It will be... sigh... pay to play at first. They did promise that they will drop that method in the future but yeah...

And stop being a elder scroll hipster, longo. You look silly in a telvanni shirt!
FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually like to see a modern day elder scrolls. Magic and all that fantastical stuff exists, but instead of people blacksmithing and running shops, they go work in a cubicle.

Imagine, a huge open world city with buildings and sewers to explore like the existing caves. I think it could work.

The super weird solar system and planes can still exist, just the world advanced quite a bit technologically. Such a game will not happen in at least a couple decades, when the series is dying, though.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrozenBacon wrote:
Imagine, a huge open world city with buildings and sewers to explore like the existing caves. I think it could work.

Lien wrote:

I've decided that from now on, all my witty responses will just be people's existing comments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: