More Reviews
REVIEWS Dokuro (PC) Review
Dokuro makes the jump from handheld to PC, but does it help or hinder this unusual platformer?

About Love, Hate, and the other Review
Simple feelings. Complex puzzles.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Evolve Preview
With multiplayer action set as its focus, Evolve surprised us earlier this month by introducing a single-player campaign mode where you can switch between mercenaries.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Kalimba
Release date: Out Now

Persona 5
Release date: 12/31/14

Motorcycle Club
Release date: 01/01/15

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
Release date: 01/20/15

LATEST FEATURES Sony, The Interview, and Why Gamers Should Be Paying Attention
The fallout from the movie's cancellation reaches far wider than just Hollywood.

Downloadable Content Walks the Line Between Fun and Frenzied in Middle-earth
I don’t even care all that much for the Lords of the Rings brand, which makes the content falling under Shadow of Mordor’s Season Pass a pleasant surprise.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Black Friday 2014 Video Game Deals Buyer's Guide
Looking to score the most bang for your buck the day after Thanksgiving? Well look no further! Our Black Friday guide is just the tool you need.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Gamer Love
By ryanbates
Posted on 12/19/14
When a player one meets his or her player two, it's a beautiful thing. Check out this cake my friend and GameRevolution reader Lindsey L. gave her sweetums on their two-year anniversary!   ...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Everquest Next
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voxel tech demonstration.
http://youtu.be/QnbUoU_UIaM
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't played it or read much of this thread but I really hope it has the depth of EQ2 still with the awesome crafting system, player housing, etc.
FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^From what I've seen it wont be much like EQ2 and more like SWG. The devs apparently want to bring back the player shops that existed in SWG.

This is dev hype, though. Final product will probably be a F2P WoW clone without the holy trinity. I hope I do get into the beta, though. I signed up a day after they first put the beta application up.
drathbone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrozenBacon wrote:
^From what I've seen it wont be much like EQ2 and more like SWG. The devs apparently want to bring back the player shops that existed in SWG.

This is dev hype, though. Final product will probably be a F2P WoW clone without the holy trinity. I hope I do get into the beta, though. I signed up a day after they first put the beta application up.

WoW clone with destructable environments, a cool sounding class system and F2P? I'll play.

Not sure how hardcore it'll be compared to EQ1 (I never played EQ2) but I hope they keep giant monsters roaming around that are tougher than the average mobs. There was just something so thrilling and epic about farming in the Desert of Ro or Plains of Karana and seeing a group of people join together to kill a roaming giant or griffon. Not to mention dragons, wyrms and wyverns in other zones.

FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still butthurt over the fact that they dumbed down the betrayal quest in EQ2.

I remember having to camp one stupid mob for over 24 hours just to complete that betrayal quest. I installed the game at work to make sure I was there when he spawned. I also remember asking Lethean to log onto my account and camp when I wasn't able to. Also the killing 500 orcs in the commonlands, goddamn that was stupid. Nowhere near as bad as that stupid bugged mob I had to camp, though. I also had to travel across high level zones as a low level (I think I was level 18 at the time), which was a pain in the ass because everything wanted to and did kill me. All this while being affiliated with no fraction so I couldn't group with anyone and everyone who saw me could kill me.

All that just so I could have my QTπ high elf become a shadowknight and roam around the barren city of freeport. But you know what? It was rewarding, I felt damn proud to have one of the few High Elf shadowknights on my server.

Now, from what I understand, is that all you have to do is ask some NPC and you can faction change. Homosex.

Anyway, wtf is this rant about? Well, based on how SOE dumbed down EQ2, I do not think EQ Next will retain any of the difficulty that existed in the original everquest, which is a shame.

Last edited by FrozenBacon on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post doesnt exist, you are just imagining it.

Last edited by FrozenBacon on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOT DICKINGS (this post also does not exist)
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourdeez wrote:
The lessening of the trinity worries me though. I know everyone feels like not having the trinity feels free, great, and liberating, but I actually kind of like the holy trinity after trying MMOs without it.

After playing GW2 for a while, I kind of came to the conclusion that I actually liked the holy trinity. Especially when it comes to PvP.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: