More Reviews
REVIEWS The Wolf Among Us Review
Wherein Sleeping Beauty takes a cab home and calls it a night.

Divinity: Original Sin Review
Put this one in the Kickstarter success column.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Preview
After going hands-on with Inquisition for about an hour, I'm confident it will blast both previous Dragon Age installments out of the water.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Amazing Princess Sarah
Release date: Out Now

Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth
Release date: 07/15/14

Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

Hohokum
Release date: 08/12/14

LATEST FEATURES Gearbox Software Discusses LGBTQ Representation and "Stupid Sexist Bull****" in Borderlands
CEO Randy Pitchford, writer Anthony Burch, and three fellow developers share Gearbox's stance on queer characters in Borderlands at GaymerX2.

Are Open Worlds Really "Open-World"?
Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto believes that "vast" is a far better term. What do you think?

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP LinksOcarina
Where Did Makoto Go?
By LinksOcarina
Posted on 07/07/14
Meet Makoto.   Like any character from an RPG, Makoto has his own quirks to stand out in his game, Enchanted Arms . For Makoto, he is a support character who uses the element of Light for most of his spell casting, along with a saxophone as a conduit. He is also impulsive...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GTA V
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
Our color is red I believe

BRING BACK THE BLACK!
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't even get on.

Can we say that GTA V is officially broken?
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
UghRochester wrote:
Our color is red I believe

BRING BACK THE BLACK!

We should all at least try to loo somewhat similar. red on Black like Ughs avatar

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was able to create my female character, but f*cking thing wouldn't launch session. I wanted to live stream some of this today.
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh noes, the first day and the servers are overloaded! My brother owes me five bucks.

Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinksOcarina wrote:
Can we say that GTA V is officially broken?

Notsureifserious.jpg

One of the biggest games of the year just released the online component....of course there is going to issues with so many people trying to get on.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that excuses it in the end?

The fact that it was launched without the multiplayer is a black mark in of itself, and it doesn't even matter if they told us ahead of time really.

And hell, CoD had similar numbers but never had reported server overloads as far as I can recall. So I really don't see why they get a pass.
Screaming Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinksOcarina wrote:

The fact that it was launched without the multiplayer is a black mark in of itself, and it doesn't even matter if they told us ahead of time really.

And hell, CoD had similar numbers but never had reported server overloads as far as I can recall. So I really don't see why they get a pass.

You have a valid point but I would say the nature of CoD vs the open world nature of GTA V is a bit of a bad comparison. I do agree though that they need to get their shit together when you launch a big name game like this, particularly when you delay launch on an entire component only to run into one of the most fundamental issues...an inability to play a product as advertised and paid for.
Kentucky restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen...customer Katie Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shandog137 wrote:
LinksOcarina wrote:

You have a valid point but I would say the nature of CoD vs the open world nature of GTA V is a bit of a bad comparison. I do agree though that they need to get their shit together when you launch a big name game like this, particularly when you delay launch on an entire component only to run into one of the most fundamental issues...an inability to play a product as advertised and paid for.

Well, did World of Warcraft work the first day it was launched?

Really the only comparisons we have are other open world MMO's. I guess if people dealt with it there, they can deal with this here.

But then no one should have complained about stuff like Diablo III if that's the case, since its eerie how similar this is to that. SimCity too. Oh sure, you can play GTA offline, but that still doesn't really excuse anything if you ask me.
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much every MMO ever has had launch issues. I know cause I've been a part of quite a few of them.

And comparing SimCity to GTA? Really? SimCity you couldn't even play single player without server issues.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
Pretty much every MMO ever has had launch issues. I know cause I've been a part of quite a few of them.

And comparing SimCity to GTA? Really? SimCity you couldn't even play single player without server issues.

So?

I'm not letting GTA V slide for terrible management and a (currently) broken product that should not have these issues in the first place. As for SimCity, then that makes it no better or worse of an issue than World of Warcraft' first launch, if it had server issues like you said. It simply makes it the nature of the beast.

So we all know what to expect I guess.
Screaming Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinksOcarina wrote:
shandog137 wrote:
LinksOcarina wrote:

Well, did World of Warcraft work the first day it was launched?

Really the only comparisons we have are other open world MMO's. I guess if people dealt with it there, they can deal with this here.

But then no one should have complained about stuff like Diablo III if that's the case, since its eerie how similar this is to that. SimCity too. Oh sure, you can play GTA offline, but that still doesn't really excuse anything if you ask me.

Yeah the first thing I thought about was Diablo 3 and Sim City's launch. Your comparison to MMOs which I don't play raises another really good question in that did they start with the idea that GTA online would be an MMO and thus take the necessary testing steps such as alpha and beta testing in real world environment prior to implementation? From the message on the Rockstar forums regarding all the anticipated issues it feels as though we may be the beta testers. It looks like they were a team accustomed to building a solid single player and although the Online may have ended up similar to an MMO they may not have originally planned for that or were not familiar with the steps necessary to rollout that type of product without the current issues ensuing. On the one hand some folks will say if the product isn't ready at launch don't put it out there until it is. However, once you delay based on your own proposed timing and are still unable to produce a functioning product...we have the current issues. Would the issue be viewed in a more negative light if they delayed roll-out again due to lack of preparedness yesterday? Not sure but the pressure of $1 Billion in sales in the first few days make people do some really silly shit.
Kentucky restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen...customer Katie Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really say in the forums were beta-testing it? Or is that implied by Rockstar?

BTW, finally got the opening cutscene, only to be forced into a mission that has been launching for over twenty minutes.

Should I restart and hope for the best?
Screaming Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

implied...

EDIT: by the number of issues referenced and anticipated for a delayed release
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
Why the hell didn't they release it at midnight for each time zone and spread out the load?

That's a good question, past me.

It's because Rockstar are a bunch of fucking numpties who've never seen what a mass-rolled out online launch looks like before (ie, server fires), despite having ample opportunity over the last, oh, 6 years or so to see how it goes down.

Rockstar do not have an excuse in this situation. We now expect every big online game to go down on release, but WHY? They have made well over 1 billion fucking dollars at this stage, why aren't there some strong servers backing it up?

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst part is, they had two weeks to prepare for this.
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or several years.

But at the same time, I was in no way buying this for multiplayer. I thought it would be a great addition but I view it as a feature. COD and MMO are all online, all the the time. There are people who have never played the campaigns on COD. Can you say the same for GTA or Red Dead or Max Payne?

Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyways....

I just finished all the assassination missions and all 3 characters are sitting around 1.3 billion dollars.
used44

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
So anyways....

Have patience, you lame assholes.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works out well for me, I'm still having a blast in single player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 14 of 24
Jump to: