More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Preview
Put up some movie glasses, because Geometry Wars is entering the third dimension.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

LATEST FEATURES And I Was All "Hell Yeah I'll Play a New Dreamcast Game"
I just played a Dreamcast game that was released in... wait, 2014?

A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GTA V
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye it took me lots of tries... hence why i was in a bad mood when i tried the game modes.
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
ToyLatrine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I feel you guys harrrrd on the frustration. I was trying for 2 days straight. Once I finally got in around midnight last night I had to force myself to stop playing around 4 in the morning. Work is dragging today heh

Driving 10 minutes to blaine county with a friend in the passenger's seat bumpin tunes, to then break into a meth lab and steal the goods? Then you gotta hit the road to make the delivery with 5 cars full of gang members shooting at you? It's just to quote Sam L., "hold onto your butts".
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
Hey ToyLatrine here's the link to our SocialClub:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gamerevolution

I tried to get on GTA Online again last night and couldn't get past the first race. I'm super frustrated and I don't think I'll have a very good impression of GTA Online for at least another two weeks.

As a reviewer doesn't that actually tarnish the game experience?

I expressed this to some folks and they keep telling me I need to relax, but I feel objectively this is really a poor showing by Rockstar if you ask me.
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinksOcarina wrote:

I expressed this to some folks and they keep telling me I need to relax, but I feel objectively this is really a poor showing by Rockstar if you ask me.

You are absolutely justified in your outrage. This is poor management - rip into them!

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOW YOU ALL KNOW MY PAIN!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinksOcarina wrote:
As a reviewer doesn't that actually tarnish the game experience? I expressed this to some folks and they keep telling me I need to relax, but I feel objectively this is really a poor showing by Rockstar if you ask me.

Not at all. I would happily pay $60 over again for just the single player campaign. The world is that big, diverse, entertaining, believeable etc etc. I feel like GTA Online is icing on the cake. If they had this at launch I don't know if I would see it as part of the game still because historically my experience has been SP in GTA. GTA IV's multiplayer was a sideshow too. It was like "well it's the first crack at multiplayer for GTA so it gets a pass."

With this I feel like we know how massive this is and how millions and millions of people are out there playing it. I don't remember/don't care to look who said it earlier but GTA doesn't tax servers and consoles and internet connections like a Call of Duty does, contained in a small map. What's more, it's not like SimCity where totally needless internet requirements are fucking up the whole thing or like a Battlefield 3 where the point of the game is multiplayer. The point of this game is the world and there's probably more you can go do in it while Rockstar gets everything running online.
shandog137
Screaming Sloth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
LinksOcarina wrote:
As a reviewer doesn't that actually tarnish the game experience? I expressed this to some folks and they keep telling me I need to relax, but I feel objectively this is really a poor showing by Rockstar if you ask me.

Not at all. I would happily pay $60 over again for just the single player campaign. The world is that big, diverse, entertaining, believeable etc etc. I feel like GTA Online is icing on the cake. If they had this at launch I don't know if I would see it as part of the game still because historically my experience has been SP in GTA. GTA IV's multiplayer was a sideshow too. It was like "well it's the first crack at multiplayer for GTA so it gets a pass."

With this I feel like we know how massive this is and how millions and millions of people are out there playing it. I don't remember/don't care to look who said it earlier but GTA doesn't tax servers and consoles and internet connections like a Call of Duty does, contained in a small map. What's more, it's not like SimCity where totally needless internet requirements are fucking up the whole thing or like a Battlefield 3 where the point of the game is multiplayer. The point of this game is the world and there's probably more you can go do in it while Rockstar gets everything running online.

I would have to argue that point with you Daniel as if the two offerings were marketed and packaged separately I would see your point as valid. However, I find that if you market a product as the two parts equating to the whole then they have fallen significantly short of the mark. I couldn't honestly give the game 5 stars simply because a significant portion of the game has such glaring issues. This would set precedence as to segmenting a game for review when it is clearly advertised as being able to provide two solid elements and has failed at one. Earlier on in this generation games were notched down for tacked on multiplayer. I understand the core elements of the single player outshines a crapload of other games but with regard to the product actually living up to what was intended by the developer and as advertised I would have to say they failed to a certain extent. So not to argue the merits of the single player because even the idea that you would disregard a core component of a game due to just how amazing one element is speaks to the quality of the single player but the product as a whole has come up short in my opinion...Note: coming up short in this case is relative as I still love the game just wished all the elements I paid for and that were advertised worked as well as the single player.
Kentucky restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen...customer Katie Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well who would have guessed...I actually agree with Daniel on something!
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these two offerings are marketed separately enough. GTA Online has its own name, title sequence, logo, "box art" (sorta), so in my mind these are very separate. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw GTA Online pop up fairly early in PS4 and X1 lifecycles (for pay or even free-to-play but probably not subscription based) followed by the "Online" world getting expanded with subsequent GTA releases. (I hope Vice City comes next)

It wasn't like Max Payne 3 came out and they said "wait, Max Payne Online is launching with Max Payne 3!" They said here's GTA V, this is this and that is that and that isn't this and this isn't that but they come together because we can't well charge you for a buggy online component with microtransactions that doesn't even work on the first day but this will be your ticket... into that and that will grow as the franchise moves forward.

Normally, I'd be right there with you Shandog, Links, whoever else. With a lot of AAA games it's the multiplayer component that drives sales, but here it's the opposite. I doubt many people who bought the game will ever play multiplayer because their PS3 or 360 isn't hooked up, subscribed for online play. GTA is just that game. It's that massive, wide-reaching, and it delivers completely so this time it gets a pass from me.

Definitely respect your opinions though. Any other time and you'd have me. The GTA Online review will absolutely not be a 5 for obvious reasons; this whole launch has been horrid. But this is why we decided to review the two separately. On its own, if it never had multiplayer or there was never any implication of multiplayer or even as was the case where multiplayer simply didn't work, GTA V gets a 5 in my book.
Gunner37
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just joined the crew so now you have all me!!
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least they're working on it.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/51512/grand-theft-auto-online-launch-updates
Screaming Sloth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Daniel.
Kentucky restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen...customer Katie Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."
Ananymous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering I got on line pretty easily I feel for the people that can't play. Best advice I can say is...

Go into the multiplayer character creation and delete any characters you've made, which sucks but if your not past the tutorial it shouldn't be too hard to recreate your guy if you remember what you chose. Quit the game and go delete the update data on your PS3 or 360, it should be 1.01 at 39MB for PS3 and 56MB for 360. Restart the game and download the update once more, load into singleplayer and then load the multiplayer portion from there in Solo play.

Worked for me and a couple of friends. Seems they stabilized the servers somewhat as well but I play after midnight EST.

The multiplayer portion being knocked by reviewers and fans alike isn't really a big deal for most considering how ridiculous and large the sp portion of the game is. I'm still hopping back and forth doing extra things and little missions that I missed while playing through the story although mp with friends is as fun as IV with even more to do. I really cannot wait until they get everything running great and start adding the heists and other features.

The GTA Online to me is a nice bonus to play with friends in GTA again with a better world with more to do but GTA V alone was WELL worth the money on launch day.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shandog137 wrote:
Well said Daniel.

Although I did find something I hated in the single-player just last night. Has anyone tried replaying missions for Gold 100%? There are a few that require you to be "unmarked" or basically avoid getting shot at at all...

Those requirements are fucking bull shit.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
shandog137 wrote:
Well said Daniel.

Although I did find something I hated in the single-player just last night. Has anyone tried replaying missions for Gold 100%? There are a few that require you to be "unmarked" or basically avoid getting shot at at all...

Those requirements are fucking bull shit.

They reminded me of the assassin creed 100% synchronization mission. I avoided all of them, personally. Just a cheap ploy to force you to redo the missions.

Looks like it's gonna be more frustrating to get the 100% completion achievement on GTA 5 then with red dead redemption.
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need all mission golds to 100% the game. Even the side stuff like races and flying you only need to medal (third or better) to count towards 100% completion.
StudioTan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... But you do need 70 gold trophies to get a gold trophy, if your goal is platinum or top achievement thingy.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh ... There's over 100 opportunities for gold medals, so the harder ones still aren't really worth even retrying.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got online. Played for a bit. It's fun, but has some problems. Like RDR, the people who have played longer and have guns that can 1 hit kill win every fight in freeroam. Unlike RDR, you lose ammo and money every single time you die. So if you lose all your shotgun ammo, it's gone. And you lose waaaaaay too much money every single time you die.

It's fun, but not worth holding your breath over.
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best part of online (so foar) is being able to play golf, but only 4 people can do that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 16 of 24
Jump to: