More Reviews
REVIEWS Wayward Manor Review
Not even the power of Neil Gaiman and The Odd Gentlemen could save this game from a fate worse than death: a terrible score.

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red Review
"Unlimited World Red"? More like "Sorta Limited Town and Extended Areas... Red. And Blue. And Some Yellow."
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

LATEST FEATURES How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.

We Absolutely Should Be Upset With Club Nintendo's Latest Elite Rewards
Surveys out the wazoo and I get a code for Dr. Luigi?
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Battlefield 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Battlefield 4 Reply with quote

So what's the deal with this? Do people even care? Seems really early for a BF4 since BF3 is still doing strong and now reaches a wider base thanks to general hardware improvement in PCs. They tried to hype up the elevators and terrain changes but that's only one map. I think they're launching with something like 8.

PC? X1? PS4? Current-gen? (Please don't get current-gen)
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care for it. It's not my kind of military shooter. Some people enjoy slower paced games with motion blur coming out the wazoo, and that's great because it gets them out of my hair, but I simply am not entertained by it.

o--(^-^)--o
used44

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it, like many upcoming games, is losing a ton of hype because of the cross-gen thing. Everybody is just going to wait. And if they're not getting a next gen system right away then it still feels like you're going to be playing the inferior version against a reduced player base.

I tried the BF4 beta at a friend's house and it looked like barf and sort of played like barf. I know it's a beta, but I'm a BF fan and it was still very unrewarding.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see, it's Battlefield 3 with more filters and issues. No thanks. Especially since I've just gotten into BF3.
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I care.

But no gunmaster mode which is a huge disappointment to me as it was my favorite mode. Some people complain that it feels too call of duty but actually the mode was taken from Counter strike, Not COD.

Destructibility isn't really upgraded other then the main map destruction event(Which is cool and changes the map)

AMDs low level hardware API called "mantle" is suppose to allow a AMD290x to smoke a nvidia titan but "mantle" wont be released till late December. Also Microsoft has stated even though the xboxone will support dx11.2 they will not allow it to use AMDs mantle api. Could this mean better performance on the ps4?

The game is a lot of fun and is a upgrade over BF3 but with my current work schedule I never get to play with my clan. Really my enjoyment of Battlefield(And most multiplayer) comes from my being able to voice chat with my friends and work together as a team. With all the new games on the horizon Im going to sit BF4 out. Maybe Ill pick it up one day when I have no new games and its on sale.

Last edited by Sourdeez on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much of an upgrade is it? Honestly, I want to know whether or not to devote effort into it.
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant exactly quantify how much of a upgrade it is over BF4.
Its not the next second coming of Jesus. Its small tweaks and upgrades to battlefield with map events that cause significant changes to parts of the map(Moreso then was in BF3, Some of these are also triggered by the players) It also has networked dynamic water and better representation of weather. Squads now get 5 people and all the squad perks have been changed over to a performance system that activates a offensive or defensive perk line as you gain points for helping your squad. Different classes now get a couple different weapons and devices. Of course most of the maps are new(They are bringing back a couple old ones though)

If your bored of BF3 and have played it to to death with your friends its worth getting BF4. If all your friends leave for BF4 its probably also worth just joining them in BF4.

Last edited by Sourdeez on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically, it's a bunch of small changes over BF3?

Awesome. I'll get it when it gets to 20 bucks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About to get on Origins.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 with its balance issues and private servers left such a bad taste in my mouth. Here is nothing worse than getting cross map sniped by a dude with explosive shot gun ammo. Oh wait. There is. Having a good game and getting booted from the server because the owner is on the other team.

They lost my money last game.

danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I never heard about shit like that. Is that all on PS3 though? Never had that problem with it on PC.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah PS3. It's still the better franchise between it and COD but...I still feel absolutely cheated by my last purchase.

used44

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they goofed with the servers (and started charging for everything, locking features behind paywalls) is when me and my four friends stopped playing Battlefield 3. We're thinking of getting Ghosts this year, if any shooter.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be going with Ghosts on Xbox and BF on PS4. My computer handles the game well, but it's not Ultra settings and I'd rather clear the space on my SSD.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
SSD.

*clap clap clap*

Enjoy BF4 guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: