More Reviews
REVIEWS Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Rebor Review
Just a small update to the existing review for the PS4 version of the game. What are the benefits to upgrading? Check here to see. ~Ed. Nick Tan

Cut the Rope: Triple Treat Review
Cutting the ropes has never before made gravity so… pricey.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sniper Elite 3 Preview
Sending bullets through the hate.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Release date: Out Now

Trials Fusion
Release date: Out Now

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Release date: 04/29/14

Bound by Flame
Release date: 05/09/14

LATEST FEATURES 4 PAX Indie Titles to Look Out For
We've given attention to all the higher profile games at PAX EAST, but now it's time for the indies.

Ouya's Best Games Coming to the Platform
The Kickstarter console is slowly establishing itself with a couple of creative gems on the way.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
So much more than war...
By shandog137
Posted on 04/18/14
The recent blog, Peace in the Era of Call of Duty  really made me think about war games that dig deeper than simply a kill streak reward. The first game that came to mind was Spec-Ops: The Line and although I haven’t played it, I began to wonder if it did the war genre as...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Command and Conquer no more

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Command and Conquer no more Reply with quote

Earlier today, EA decided that the new Command and Conquer game wasn't going to sell, so they cancelled the project. And then for good measure, they fired every single person involved with it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/ea-cancels-command-conquer-victory-studios-closed

While I wasn't really supportive of it due to it being free to play and the track record of the last few games, this still sucks. Especially since it means that EA is gonna most likely shelve the Command and Conquer franchise.
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Generals,

Thank you for your participation over the last few months in the Command & Conquer closed alpha test. It’s been much appreciated, and you’ve been instrumental in helping define what a new Command & Conquer experience should and shouldn’t be.

Part of being in a creative team is the understanding that not all of your choices are going to work out. In this case, we shifted the game away from campaign mode and built an economy-based, multiplayer experience. Your feedback from the alpha trial is clear: We are not making the game you want to play. That is why, after much difficult deliberation, we have decided to cease production of this version of the game. Although we deeply respect the great work done by our talented team, ultimately it’s about getting you the game you expect and deserve.

Over the next 10 days we will be refunding any and all money spent in the alpha. If you have a question about your refund, please contact help.ea.com.

We believe that Command & Conquer is a powerful franchise with huge potential and a great history, and we are determined to get the best game made as soon as possible. To that end, we have already begun looking at a number of alternatives to get the game back on track. We look forward to sharing more news about the franchise as it develops. Thank you again for your participation and support.

- Victory Studios

;_; I was actually looking forward for game. One day doctor thrax! One day.
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this game and Generals 2 the same game? I hate to say this as a C&C fanboy but the series went down hill after Red Alert 2 even though I thought Generals was alright for what it was.
Toddy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjim2000 wrote:
Is this game and Generals 2 the same game? I hate to say this as a C&C fanboy but the series went down hill after Red Alert 2 even though I thought Generals was alright for what it was.

Yeah, it is but since they announced the change to free to play multiplayer it was always going to be doomed. It's just not Command & Conquer.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toddy wrote:
cyberjim2000 wrote:

Yeah, it is but since they announced the change to free to play multiplayer it was always going to be doomed. It's just not Command & Conquer.

Actually, if you followed the developer's site, they featured Single player campaign and even bringing back the "general challenge" in both solo and multiplayer. Hence why Doctor thrax was constantly mocking the player in the trailer, cause it was showing his Challenge mode.

They even added a new general reveal for each alpha patch update.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They actually canceled the single player partof it a while ago ...
And now it's all canceled.
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
They actually canceled the single player partof it a while ago ...
And now it's all canceled.

So this and onslaught mode was for nothing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dLWafeCbac

Sigh... what could of been. And i was hype that the E.U. finally is recognized as a military faction in a game for once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: