More Reviews
REVIEWS Astro A38 Wireless Headset Review
With the launch of the A38s, Astro has clearly shown that they can rock our eardrums off even if we aren’t sitting in our living rooms.

Destiny Review
With Bungie's leap to next-generation platforms and interstellar space closer to home, I wonder if E.T. is out there somewhere.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Skylanders Trap Team Preview
While younger gamers have flocked to the brand, more mature consumers remain reluctant to jump on board. Skylanders move forward with trappable enemies, though I doubt it’ll turn stubborn heads.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES Assassin's Creed Unity Interview: Ubisoft Talks Multplayer, Next-Gen Development, More
Ubisoft's first "truly" next-gen entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise takes the fight to France. Here's what you can expect.

PlayStation Download September 2014 - Updating Each Week
Sony's platforms always get plenty of new digital software and we'll bring you the list each week with the rest.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
A Letter to the Big “N"
By shandog137
Posted on 09/12/14
I have and will continue to have a place in my heart for Nintendo. In fact, my first console was a Super Nintendo. The video game market has changed drastically since the early '90s and it seems like what once was platinum is more so along the lines of silver now. Nintendo has always been...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mother f*ck!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Mother f*ck! Reply with quote

I should have checked this out WAY earlier. Usually I don't complain, but I'm pissed off. Yah see, I got my PS4 today took it home did the software update. Took an hour to connect my PSN account, but was successful. Watch some live streams before going to bed

Woke up 4 hours later and decided I should finally put Battlefield 4 in the PS4. Try ejecting the disc tray, nothing! All I get is a few beep sounds. My first indicator of my PS4 being defected was the power cord. So loose, it falls out if you flick it. So, I used my PS3's power cord.

I called Best Buy (even though on the box it said call Sony first) All Best Buy can do is refund my money, since they don't have any pre-order lists. No, I want a replacement! So I browse Sony's support. I found this thread might be helpful
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/INFO-Issues-with-ejecting-PS4-discs/td-p/42133811/page/2
A user on the second page by the name of EternityOfDeath posted a problem very similar to mine. So, I'm going to give that a shot. Unfortunately it's going to take a few hours to initialize the PS4. I have to leave for work and can't do this until tomorrow.

If this doesn't work, I'm seriously going to cry. I took a vacation just for PS4. Have any you experienced any problems of sort? Hopefully you guys can give me hope and faith.
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks...One of the main reasons I refuse to get any console on launch - or even close to launch - is the hardware issues that are bound to happen.
used44

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That suuuuucks. Sorry man
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
That sucks...One of the main reasons I refuse to get any console on launch - or even close to launch - is the hardware issues that are bound to happen.
My budget issue forces me to comply with that logic, and I'm not complaining. I had enough heartache with my regrettable choice of a 20GB PS3.

o--(^-^)--o
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I'm just cheap.

Sorry, Ugh, this is easily the biggest sucky thing. I know we give you a hard time but you deserve good things. I hope it works out and your hard earned vacation works out.

Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then again...this might be punishment for buying GTA$.

UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not. I'm a f*cking idiot and really pissed off right now and not for the reason you think. Once I tell you this story, you'll either call me a f*cking moron, dumbass, whatever.

So, you know how I said the disc tray isn't working? That's because there isn't one! I'm so used to ejecting a disc tray out, I assumed there would be one popping out of the PS4. Nope! It's like a CD player for a car, just pop it right in there. I didn't know the PS3 was the same way, my super slim PS3 has a tray that slides left or down (depending on which way it's standing) after I press the eject button.

I'm just pissed at myself for being this stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is the greatest day of my life.
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least your PS4 is working.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I kinda had this feeling in the back of my head like it was actually just you being dumb, but I didn't want to say anything about it because I wanted to think positively about you.

Since it was actually the case, I'm going to say it happens to the best of us, but I'm kinda laughing at you in the back of my head and I'm gonna mention it this time for comedic effect.

o--(^-^)--o
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
Believe it or not. I'm a f*cking idiot and really pissed off right now and not for the reason you think. Once I tell you this story, you'll either call me a f*cking moron, dumbass, whatever.

So, you know how I said the disc tray isn't working? That's because there isn't one! I'm so used to ejecting a disc tray out, I assumed there would be one popping out of the PS4. Nope! It's like a CD player for a car, just pop it right in there. I didn't know the PS3 was the same way, my super slim PS3 has a tray that slides left or down (depending on which way it's standing) after I press the eject button.

I'm just pissed at myself for being this stupid.

Wait....Is this for real? This can't be for real.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake once said: war never changes. Well, neither does Ugh. Keep bringing the gold, pal.

Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just ask if you were drunk?

Don't feel so bad. It took me and my friend half a hour to figure out how to start Resident evil 5 in coop mode on his xbox. If I remember correctly we had to start single player and then press start on the other controller, but man oh man did we look all over the menus for a coop option.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't drunk. I seriously didn't think about inserting the disc in that way. I walked to work disappointed thinking my console might be defected. Halfway while walking, I looked at my emails and saw some posted about there isn't any disc trays. After I read that, I immediately called my friend and asked how he got his disc in. I posted on Facebook my mistake and declared my stupidity. What's worse is I went to Sony's support page and seeing some people having a similar issue. Most were posts about discs being stuck inside the system, while others (like me) don't know how to put the disc in.

The only problems I'm having with my PS4 is Battlefield 4 crashing on me while trying to live stream it with PS4's built in system and that damn power cord. Don't know why my PS3's power cord works, my PS4's cord is just so damn loose.
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Sony All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: