More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: 08/19/14

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: 08/19/14

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14


LATEST FEATURES An Updating List of PlayStation 4 Updates We Want
Sony and Microsoft have been updating their consoles regularly, but we wanted to share our own ideas for updating the PS4 firmware.

An Updating List of Xbox One Updates We Want
Microsoft has launched Xbox One and done its best to follow Sony's lead and its even secured some exclusive software, but we want more.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.
 
Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
All the PS4 and X-Box One are doing is making me want a WiiU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Nintendo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy


Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Posts: 11523

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id play it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8871

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
Yuck, Dynasty Warriors.

I know some people loooooove those games, but I couldn't share this sentiment more.

And yeah, 3DS is the best gaming hardware to own right now. Portables are The Shit.
_________________
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/watch-dogs
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/gr-strips-14-by-a-nose-25991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz


Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 5168

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably not too far away from a Wii U honestly.


And yeah, a 3DS and Vita are all you really need to be quite gaming content anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16033

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I haven't bought a Wii U yet. Obviously haha. I may get one with my tax return. Or I may replace/repair my Nexus 7 since the screen cracked. Yay?

I've actually been thinking about the Vita and 3DS lately as well. Portable gaming has always held a special place in my heart despite only having owned an original Gameboy, Game Gear and PSP which I sold.
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MattAY
Posh B**tard


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 12153

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just waiting for Super Smash Bros in all honesty. Brawl took many many hours of my time. SSBWU (?) will be even more!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8871

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you repair/replace the Nexus 7, will you still have some money left over? I'd hold off on Wii U until you see a bundle you really like or a game you have to play. You've already waited this long.
_________________
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/watch-dogs
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/gr-strips-14-by-a-nose-25991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paul_Tamburro



Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'd wait until the end of this year to get a Wii U. I think it's safe to predict another price drop for it, and by that time Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. U will be out. Then get those two games, Super Mario 3D World and ZombiU and you're all set!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16033

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
If you repair/replace the Nexus 7, will you still have some money left over? I'd hold off on Wii U until you see a bundle you really like or a game you have to play. You've already waited this long.


I would yeah. We thankfully got a pretty decent tax return which we are using to pay off our credit card debt. I also want a PC for the living room. I love gaming on my PC now but having one hooked up to the tv and tower speakers would be nice. So I might get a PS4 if not a PC for living room gaming. Or just wait for the Wii U....

Paul_Tamburro wrote:
Honestly, I'd wait until the end of this year to get a Wii U. I think it's safe to predict another price drop for it, and by that time Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. U will be out. Then get those two games, Super Mario 3D World and ZombiU and you're all set!


That makes sense. With sales being the way they are right now I don't see them NOT lowering the price and yeah, Mario Kart and SSMB are definite must buys.
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paul_Tamburro



Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
So I might get a PS4 if not a PC for living room gaming. Or just wait for the Wii U....


I wouldn't buy a PS4 just yet. I've really had to buy one because, y'know, it's part of my job, but there are very few games on there at the moment and nothing to really look forward to this year, excluding The Order: 1886 and inFamous 2 if you're into that kind of thing. Wii U definitely has the better selection of games this year, and the PS4 library should bulk up in 2015/2016 with its huge developer support.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince


Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Posts: 7897

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Tamburro wrote:
inFamous 2
inFamous 3!
_________________

o--(^-^)--o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Paul_Tamburro



Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes, my bad. As you can probably tell, I am NOT into that sort of thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16033

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I get a Wii U and decide to sell my Wii but would still like to play Wii Sports Resort (hey the bowling is fun!) and New Super Mario Bros. would I need the Wii nunchuck or the new Wii U Plus motion controller? Also, I'm assuming I do not need my Wii sensor bar as the Wii U one will work.
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet


Joined: 05 Jul 2006
Posts: 3497

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a Wii U Lethean.. it's already the most fun I've had on a console in years. You won't regret it.

I feel like a kid again.

I was the same as you though, could never get into Wind Waker on GC... so iffy to buy it on Wii U.
_________________
The above statement is true
The below statement is false
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Solaris10



Joined: 14 Mar 2008
Posts: 699

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing the bad press the wii U is getting. It makes me feel like the SNES all over again. The Off Screen play is a must if you are all hooked on the same TV and since im a completionist, my games last me a long LONG TIME.

It's a good console and I love it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet


Joined: 05 Jul 2006
Posts: 3497

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solaris10 wrote:
It's amazing the bad press the wii U is getting. It makes me feel like the SNES all over again. The Off Screen play is a must if you are all hooked on the same TV and since im a completionist, my games last me a long LONG TIME.

It's a good console and I love it.



I think its just the lack of quality games, (or so it seems to me, for how long the system has been out)... but the ones that are good, are great.


I'm at work right now just craving my Wii U and Donkey Kong lol...

But yea... I don't even see any games coming out in the future that look any good, aside from Mario Kart 8, unless I'm missing something.

But then I just really play Nintendo for the classic Nintendo titles.

Don't care though the ones that are out will last me ages.
_________________
The above statement is true
The below statement is false
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20704

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are into the Smash Bros thing, but I'm not a huge fan. I doubt I'll get it.

Mario Kart 8 will be a must-buy I'm sure
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16033

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I had no idea the Wii U is capable if 1080p and 60fps.
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Solaris10



Joined: 14 Mar 2008
Posts: 699

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
Solaris10 wrote:
It's amazing the bad press the wii U is getting. It makes me feel like the SNES all over again. The Off Screen play is a must if you are all hooked on the same TV and since im a completionist, my games last me a long LONG TIME.

It's a good console and I love it.



I think its just the lack of quality games, (or so it seems to me, for how long the system has been out)... but the ones that are good, are great.


I'm at work right now just craving my Wii U and Donkey Kong lol...

But yea... I don't even see any games coming out in the future that look any good, aside from Mario Kart 8, unless I'm missing something.

But then I just really play Nintendo for the classic Nintendo titles.

Don't care though the ones that are out will last me ages.


Well X seems really good. I have Xenoblade and it's a blast to play. Huumm we will have zelda, smash and mario kart down the line. I guess a new punch out could come out. There is also shin megami tensei but no release date yet. EVen though I hated the demo, the wonderful 101 was by far my biggest surprise. I love it and it is long too (took me 32 hours to beat it first time).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8871

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
So if I get a Wii U and decide to sell my Wii but would still like to play Wii Sports Resort (hey the bowling is fun!) and New Super Mario Bros. would I need the Wii nunchuck or the new Wii U Plus motion controller? Also, I'm assuming I do not need my Wii sensor bar as the Wii U one will work.

You still need a Wii-mote and Nunchuk. Those controllers are not specific to Wii U or Wii, but you will need a pair to play old Wii games. Wii U comes with a sensor bar of its own.
_________________
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/watch-dogs
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/gr-strips-14-by-a-nose-25991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ProfessorPhart



Joined: 01 Apr 2014
Posts: 492

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking know-it-all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Nintendo All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum