Tell GR | What game are you hopelessly addicted to?

Is there a game that, no matter how much you try, you just can’t stop playing? We all have our vices. Some are hooked on MMOs. Others can’t tear themselves away from the latest FPS. We’ve all been there — you settle in to play a game at 7 PM, then look back up at the clock and it’s 3 AM.

The GameRevolution editorial team discussed which games we’re hopelessly addicted to below, and now we want to hear YOUR thoughts. As always, leave your responses in the comments section, and we’ll feature our favorite in tomorrow’s Tell GR.

Paul Tamburro, executive editor: “Playing Overwatch is pretty much my default state, with me giving it a few spins more-or-less every weekday evening. I took a break for a while after becoming frustrated by its overwhelmingly toxic competitive mode, but going back in and limiting myself to quick play and arcade matches has made my experience ten times better. Who knew that just playing a game for fun and not to win arbitrary internet points would make it more fun?”

Jason Faulkner, senior editor: “I’m not really addicted to any game. I revisit certain titles, but I like a lot of variety in what I play. I’ve been soaking a lot of hours into Stellaris lately, but mostly because it’s easy to relax to moreso than I’m addicted to it.”

Bradley Russell, news editor: “Football Manager. My life is Football Manager. Life is Football Manager. I’m playing it now (don’t tell Paul), and it’s a game that gets its claws in to you pretty swiftly after starting despite resembling a middle manager’s spreadsheet. I’ve doodled tactics in notebooks, worked out transfer targets down the pub, and I have punched my laptop many, many times. God, I love it.”

Michael Leri, features editor: “No matter how much I still want Blizzard to delete Hanzo, I just keep playing Overwatch. Every time I take a break, I eventually get sucked back in. I went on a two-month break and then Baptiste gave me a hit for free and now I’m hooked again. I also did play Mortal Kombat X far too much up until a month ago but testing Mortal Kombat 11 in the beta has spoiled me. I imagine that I’ll be disregarding everything to play that game in three weeks.”

Yesterday’s best reader comment

Question: What was the best gaming April Fool’s Day prank ever?

Starling: “When Ubisoft announced that next Far Cry is a totally 80s cyberpunk with dinosaurs with neon light shooting lasers and laser katanas and sunglasses in dark and cheesy dialogue and then actually released it and it was named Blood Dragon.”

Upcoming Releases

Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes is designed to bring players a modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Get ready to lead 100+ playable characters through a war-torn world only you can save.
Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

X