More Reviews
REVIEWS D4 Review
Just another game about a time-traveling detective who deflects knives by spitting bubblegum at them as they fly through the air at full speed. Yep, just another game...

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Review
Ultimax comes the closest to realizing my dream of an actual fighting RPG.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sunset Overdrive Preview
Microsoft and Insomniac Games have created a new open-world shooter with clear influences from Jet Grind Radio. We went hands-on with the first hour of the game.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: Out Now

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Respawning
By ryanbates
Posted on 09/25/14
I had planned to write something about the Borderlands series, but that will have to wait. I have something I need to get off my chest first. It's very personal, and I hope the two or three of you who follow my sparse blog will spare me this moment. I joked in my review for the bizarre...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
All the PS4 and X-Box One are doing is making me want a WiiU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id play it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
Yuck, Dynasty Warriors.

I know some people loooooove those games, but I couldn't share this sentiment more.

And yeah, 3DS is the best gaming hardware to own right now. Portables are The Shit.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably not too far away from a Wii U honestly.

And yeah, a 3DS and Vita are all you really need to be quite gaming content anymore.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I haven't bought a Wii U yet. Obviously haha. I may get one with my tax return. Or I may replace/repair my Nexus 7 since the screen cracked. Yay?

I've actually been thinking about the Vita and 3DS lately as well. Portable gaming has always held a special place in my heart despite only having owned an original Gameboy, Game Gear and PSP which I sold.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just waiting for Super Smash Bros in all honesty. Brawl took many many hours of my time. SSBWU (?) will be even more!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you repair/replace the Nexus 7, will you still have some money left over? I'd hold off on Wii U until you see a bundle you really like or a game you have to play. You've already waited this long.
Paul_Tamburro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'd wait until the end of this year to get a Wii U. I think it's safe to predict another price drop for it, and by that time Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. U will be out. Then get those two games, Super Mario 3D World and ZombiU and you're all set!
Lethean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
If you repair/replace the Nexus 7, will you still have some money left over? I'd hold off on Wii U until you see a bundle you really like or a game you have to play. You've already waited this long.

I would yeah. We thankfully got a pretty decent tax return which we are using to pay off our credit card debt. I also want a PC for the living room. I love gaming on my PC now but having one hooked up to the tv and tower speakers would be nice. So I might get a PS4 if not a PC for living room gaming. Or just wait for the Wii U....

Paul_Tamburro wrote:
Honestly, I'd wait until the end of this year to get a Wii U. I think it's safe to predict another price drop for it, and by that time Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. U will be out. Then get those two games, Super Mario 3D World and ZombiU and you're all set!

That makes sense. With sales being the way they are right now I don't see them NOT lowering the price and yeah, Mario Kart and SSMB are definite must buys.
Paul_Tamburro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
So I might get a PS4 if not a PC for living room gaming. Or just wait for the Wii U....

I wouldn't buy a PS4 just yet. I've really had to buy one because, y'know, it's part of my job, but there are very few games on there at the moment and nothing to really look forward to this year, excluding The Order: 1886 and inFamous 2 if you're into that kind of thing. Wii U definitely has the better selection of games this year, and the PS4 library should bulk up in 2015/2016 with its huge developer support.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Tamburro wrote:
inFamous 2
inFamous 3!

o--(^-^)--o
Paul_Tamburro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes, my bad. As you can probably tell, I am NOT into that sort of thing.
Lethean

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I get a Wii U and decide to sell my Wii but would still like to play Wii Sports Resort (hey the bowling is fun!) and New Super Mario Bros. would I need the Wii nunchuck or the new Wii U Plus motion controller? Also, I'm assuming I do not need my Wii sensor bar as the Wii U one will work.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a Wii U Lethean.. it's already the most fun I've had on a console in years. You won't regret it.

I feel like a kid again.

I was the same as you though, could never get into Wind Waker on GC... so iffy to buy it on Wii U.
Solaris10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing the bad press the wii U is getting. It makes me feel like the SNES all over again. The Off Screen play is a must if you are all hooked on the same TV and since im a completionist, my games last me a long LONG TIME.

It's a good console and I love it.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solaris10 wrote:
It's amazing the bad press the wii U is getting. It makes me feel like the SNES all over again. The Off Screen play is a must if you are all hooked on the same TV and since im a completionist, my games last me a long LONG TIME.

I think its just the lack of quality games, (or so it seems to me, for how long the system has been out)... but the ones that are good, are great.

I'm at work right now just craving my Wii U and Donkey Kong lol...

But yea... I don't even see any games coming out in the future that look any good, aside from Mario Kart 8, unless I'm missing something.

But then I just really play Nintendo for the classic Nintendo titles.

Don't care though the ones that are out will last me ages.
used44

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are into the Smash Bros thing, but I'm not a huge fan. I doubt I'll get it.

Mario Kart 8 will be a must-buy I'm sure
Lethean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I had no idea the Wii U is capable if 1080p and 60fps.
Solaris10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
Solaris10 wrote:

I think its just the lack of quality games, (or so it seems to me, for how long the system has been out)... but the ones that are good, are great.

I'm at work right now just craving my Wii U and Donkey Kong lol...

But yea... I don't even see any games coming out in the future that look any good, aside from Mario Kart 8, unless I'm missing something.

But then I just really play Nintendo for the classic Nintendo titles.

Don't care though the ones that are out will last me ages.

Well X seems really good. I have Xenoblade and it's a blast to play. Huumm we will have zelda, smash and mario kart down the line. I guess a new punch out could come out. There is also shin megami tensei but no release date yet. EVen though I hated the demo, the wonderful 101 was by far my biggest surprise. I love it and it is long too (took me 32 hours to beat it first time).
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
So if I get a Wii U and decide to sell my Wii but would still like to play Wii Sports Resort (hey the bowling is fun!) and New Super Mario Bros. would I need the Wii nunchuck or the new Wii U Plus motion controller? Also, I'm assuming I do not need my Wii sensor bar as the Wii U one will work.

You still need a Wii-mote and Nunchuk. Those controllers are not specific to Wii U or Wii, but you will need a pair to play old Wii games. Wii U comes with a sensor bar of its own.
ProfessorPhart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking know-it-all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Nintendo All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: