More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

LATEST FEATURES An Updating List of PlayStation 4 Updates We Want
Sony and Microsoft have been updating their consoles regularly, but we wanted to share our own ideas for updating the PS4 firmware.

An Updating List of Xbox One Updates We Want
Microsoft has launched Xbox One and done its best to follow Sony's lead and its even secured some exclusive software, but we want more.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GTA V PC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pres50

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: GTA V PC Reply with quote

GTA V is coming to PC soon, any changes you think will be made? (Graphics obviously) Also will the online be better than it's console counterpart? Thoughts?
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No care graphics
Need 60fps
Will kill if not delivered

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needs better mod support than what GTA 4 had. Before it took the community a year or two to get it moddable. Nowadays, we have amazing mods like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeSdSrCKp-8
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: GTA V PC Reply with quote

pres50 wrote:
GTA V is coming to PC soon, any changes you think will be made? (Graphics obviously) Also will the online be better than it's console counterpart? Thoughts?

Source?
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering it hasn't even been announced yet, I think you're being generous with "soon".
Paul_Tamburro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If GTA 5 comes to the PC with mods available directly on the Steam Workshop then I am SOLD.
pres50

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
Considering it hasn't even been announced yet, I think you're being generous with "soon".

Should be announced shortly after it's PS4 and XboxOne counterparts. It is inevitable.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pres50 wrote:
Green_Lantern wrote:

Should be announced shortly after it's PS4 and XboxOne counterparts. It is inevitable.

That's not even announced either.
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty clear from the beginning of the trailer releases that they were showing some trailers on the pc version and some on the ps3.
Then when the game came out the code already has multiple entries for pc, 64bit, dx11, even special weather events that only the pc have.

Its a shame that rockstar didn't release the pc version at the same time but really it would have made the console versions look really bad in comparison. There is also rumors that rockstar was paid to keep it a console exclusive for 6 month.

Do I get angry at rockstar? I already bought the ps3 version. I really hate buying a game twice. They are making a double dip profit in a way I find a bit unacceptable. I guess I could go trade in my ps3 version to help buy the pc version.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish a PC release never happens so that we can keep listening about how much better a PC release would be. Because that never gets old.
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder how many years it'll be until a console can do 2560x1440@120FPS or 3840x2160@60FPS.
Another 10, perhaps?

You know damn well you'd like to play Red Dead Redemption at 60FPS in 1080p, longo. If only it had a PC release you could do so. Probably have realistic horse vaginas, too.

pres50

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
pres50 wrote:
Green_Lantern wrote:

That's not even announced either.

Just accept that fact that its happening, Look at the past track record of GTA games, and of course the fact that it has code in it specifically for PC graphics hardware. It will happen 100 percent. No if ands or ASSES.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
Wonder how many years it'll be until a console can do 2560x1440@120FPS or 3840x2160@60FPS.
Another 10, perhaps?

You know damn well you'd like to play Red Dead Redemption at 60FPS in 1080p, longo. If only it had a PC release you could do so. Probably have realistic horse vaginas, too.

I give more of a shit about non-Olympic level ice dancing than I do graphics. So no, not really. Nice graphics are nice, but I don't feel the need to get a PC that will run hot enough to cook french fries in oil in order to get it in every single game.

While I understand that there are a lot of games that look or run really terribly, but having everything set so high they surpass ultra and reach Jet Jaguar level graphics is a lot like adding 3D to a movie. Fun and engrossing, but not always worth it.

Though mods are another story. While most of them are trash, there are usually enough good ones.
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"While I understand that there are a lot of games that look or run really terribly, but having everything set so high they surpass ultra and reach Jet Jaguar level graphics is a lot like adding 3D to a movie. Fun and engrossing, but not always worth it. "

I agree to disagree with your views Longo.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case, it's graphics (and especially frame rate) improving gameplay man. Think about rockstar games especially, when you're trying to look at things a relatively long distance away and you just can't make them out because they're too blurry.
That's a resolution problem. A jump from the 720p(?) the consoles run up to 1080p would greatly help in those situations, as well as situations when you need to inspect areas for small things like in LA Noire.

And when GTA V is released for PC, i'll upload a video of driving down the highway in a police chase at the 25fps the consoles run and at the 60fps it'll run on PC, and i guarantee that the PC chase will be a hell of a lot more successful.

Remember, raw hardware power doesn't always mean more pretty lighting effects or more realistic rain drops. It can have serious effects on gameplay itself.

danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited, though I probably won't be as engaged by it so much later.
Paul_Tamburro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:

While I understand that there are a lot of games that look or run really terribly, but having everything set so high they surpass ultra and reach Jet Jaguar level graphics is a lot like adding 3D to a movie. Fun and engrossing, but not always worth it.

Once you've experienced high-level PC graphics it is difficult to go back. Looks obviously aren't the most important facet of a game, but in games such as BioShock Infinite where it really heightens that game's stunning art direction, it greatly improved my experience and made me want to vomit rainbows from my eye sockets.
ComboBreaker87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necro-posting done right.

o--(^-^)--o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: