More Reviews
REVIEWS D4 Review
Just another game about a time-traveling detective who deflects knives by spitting bubblegum at them as they fly through the air at full speed. Yep, just another game...

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Review
Ultimax comes the closest to realizing my dream of an actual fighting RPG.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sunset Overdrive Preview
Microsoft and Insomniac Games have created a new open-world shooter with clear influences from Jet Grind Radio. We went hands-on with the first hour of the game.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: Out Now

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Respawning
By ryanbates
Posted on 09/25/14
I had planned to write something about the Borderlands series, but that will have to wait. I have something I need to get off my chest first. It's very personal, and I hope the two or three of you who follow my sparse blog will spare me this moment. I joked in my review for the bizarre...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TES Online Highlights (No Spoilers)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: TES Online Highlights (No Spoilers) Reply with quote

Here's a collection of pictures I took during this last beta session.

I randomized my character, and this is what I got, except for a few small adjustments to some sliders, and his colors. I think I named him appropriately; Murder-Weapon.

Argonians have retractable horns. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Cool photo op.

Horns were glowing in the moonlight filtering in from above. Sweet.

Found M'aiq.

Funny double entendre.

General conversation.

This guy's with me.

Now enjoy a series of pictures taken at the scene of a quest that failed to progress. When I arrived, I took advantage of the circumstances, and stood directly on top of where the quest marker was pointing. Hilarity ensued.

lol this guy's name.

/dance

Started more than one band during this debacle.

I told a joke! I can do this crap too.

When I said I was going to sleep, I meant /sleep. The guy just walked away after that.

Just a sweet pic.

This is exactly what it looks like.

The circle of report. I would tell people I wasn't the cause of the problem, but they'd report me anyway, and I would move away from the altar afterward. Of course, nothing happened. Many, many players did this, all leaving the area feeling confused and embarrassed.

Will I be buying the game? No. At least, not unless they drop the subscription model. I would gladly purchase the core game if I could play it on my own time. I had fun messing with people this session, and sadly, that was the most enjoyable thing about it. I would only play this game because it's (loosely) more TES. I really didn't enjoy the MMO part of it that much.

o--(^-^)--o
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I would love a new TES game. Releasing this as playable offline would be perfect. Sadly it's impossible.
Best thing from this is glowing horns!
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game does look fun. I watched nick tan played some of it on twitch but the subscription is what's really turning me off. I wish they went guild war style and just let people buy the game full to start your account instead of using subscription. I can only subscribe to one MMO at a time here...

Still, i'll keep an eye when the game is released. Maybe just play it for the solo content rather then the MMO content.

And what's the dance like? some sort of river dance?
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
And what's the dance like? some sort of river dance?
Not really. It was a very...celebratory dance. Lots of arm and foot movement. The dance differs from race to race, and gender.

There is also a /playdead command that I would use while dancing. You basically just flop onto the ground, and it looks funny if you keep dancing after that.

o--(^-^)--o
C_nate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of a mmo nerd so I been thinking of checking this game out. The subscription model actually makes it more appealing to me. I don't know what people see in f2p games since they are designed to try and milk as much cash from you as possible. GW2 did a good job of having an unobtrusive store and let you play the whole game without needing it, but most of the other ones aren't like that. Anyway, the game looks pretty good. Thanks for the pics.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I played a little bit of the beta. I'm not entirely sold on it yet. I was hoping for essentially an Elder Scrolls game with a mmo feel. What I got was an mmo game with some Elder Scrolls style art design. Where were the random caves? Where was the foraging? Where were the random NPCs? It felt just like an MMO to me. I didn't play much of it however so maybe I just need to be more patient and settle in for a bit more exploration.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
So I played a little bit of the beta. I'm not entirely sold on it yet. I was hoping for essentially an Elder Scrolls game with a mmo feel. What I got was an mmo game with some Elder Scrolls style art design. Where were the random caves? Where was the foraging? Where were the random NPCs? It felt just like an MMO to me. I didn't play much of it however so maybe I just need to be more patient and settle in for a bit more exploration.

This is my biggest complaint. Really just feels like they took out all of the best parts of the Elder Scrolls, and replaced them with all the shitty MMO mechanics that I hate.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like lethean said feels like a generic MMO with an elder scrolls theme. I do like how you can play in first person, but it really is the same turn based system but masked.

Will definitely not buy, but will play the beta since it is free.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard this is the type of game that is better to wait for it to be f2p.
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. If it was buy to play I would play the hell out of it.(Think GW2)
C_nate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to the complaint that is plays like any other mmo I think that is just mmos in general. They are going to have similar, familiar gameplay because they don't want to scare players off. What sets one mmo apart from another are the features. FF14 plays like WoW. You do quests, kill stuff and do dungeons to level up but in FF14 you can change your class just by changing your weapon. So I'm waiting to see what features this game will have that tries to set itself apart from the rest of the crowd.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for ESO their unique features could have been a lot of stuff taken from their SP games. Even the leveling system. It would offer much needed variety in playstyles that's for sure. That's the most disappointing aspect. As soon as I opened up the leveling system my heart sank and the disappointment set in.
used44

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics.

I've seen Nick stream it and a few other streams and, well, it just looks like an MMO. I knew it wasn't going to be co-op Skyrim, so it's not like I'm disappointed. But I won't be getting it. Not an MMO player.
CaptainPicard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished my 2nd beta weekend, and Im seriously disappointed. So many broken quests both weeks. Even in the pics above, people are filling a chatbox wondering why their quests dont work. Im gonna wait until I hear they have it fixed. Every Character I made had multiple broken quests. It felt like I was playing an Alpha not a Beta. God I hope they get their shit straight.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I humored their sales stunt and tried an imperial character out. Lost interest within an hour.

o--(^-^)--o
drathbone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played for maybe an hour. It looks great, the engine runs on my bargain gaming PC and it reminds me of ES but plays like an MMO as most people have stated. I didn't play or research long enough to *get* the leveling system. It had skill levels like in other ES games but am I gimping myself by leveling alchemy (non-combat) instead of focusing on light armor and dual wield?

The game is fun but isn't revolutionary in any way. Right now I'm ok with my F2P's and my $15/m can be spent elsewhere (booze, hookers etc). Unless they really come out with some cool content but even the initial risk of software+$15 to hook me in doesn't seem worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: