More Reviews
REVIEWS Far Cry 4 Review
The open world of Far Cry 4 is wondrous, but is the beauty of Kyrat only skin-deep?

World of Warcraft: Warlords of D Review
Does Blizzard's latest expansion breathe new life into the 10 year-old franchise, or is this MMO finally starting to show its age?
More Previews
PREVIEWS Silence: The Whispered World II Preview
With its absolutely gorgeous sequel, Daedalic aims to create a mid-range difficulty adventure title that will expand the genre to a larger audiences.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Release date: 11/25/14

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
Release date: 12/02/14

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Release date: 12/16/14

Kalimba
Release date: 12/17/14

LATEST FEATURES With Two Paths to Walk This Fall, I Recommend Assassins Play AC Unity Over AC Rogue
For fans of this series, it'll be a decision based on hardware. For enthusiasts, returning to the brand's roots will prove enticing.

Nintendo Download November 2014 - Updating Each Week
If you've got credit on Nintendo's digital eShop service or expect to receive a gift card this holiday season, start making your list with our weekly updates.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Master_Craig
Welcome Home - PAX AUS 2014
By Master_Craig
Posted on 11/18/14
Last night I returned home from PAX AUS 2014. Long story short, it wasn't perfect, but it was quite possibly the best weekend I've had this year. It was a lot of fun. If you'd like to continue reading, the long story is just below. Buckle up. This is gonna be...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What are ya playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 197, 198, 199  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the worst. Most disappointing thing is YLOD with a new game.

Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily I managed to find a guy who will have it fixed by tomorrow for only like 40 bucks. Which is cheaper than buying the stuff to do it myself.
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that works out for you. If you get it back to working condition, immediately run the backup utility. The most depressing thing that can come out of this situation is losing everything.

o--(^-^)--o
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's happened to me. Had the Yellow Light of Death on my first PS3 (a 40 GB model) and I lost all my data.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bioshock Infinite, Burial At Sea Episode 2

It is so refreshing to have a new single player, story driven, shooter. Even though it is very short.

Last edited by Sourdeez on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got bored of playing the first Infamous, so I started playing Infamous: Second Son. Great logic, right? I'm having better fun with it so far. I'll go back to the other Infamous games, because there are some Cole references I want to understand.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splitting time between Diablo III (Picked it up for $20 from the bnet store) and the FF X HD remaster.

I'm enjoying Diablo a lot more than I thought I would even in spite of needing to be connected all the time and FF X is probably my favorite out of the series so getting to go through it again all these years later with the HD remake is pretty sweet.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caved in and bought Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes for PS4.

Love it.
HK-47
You are all meatbags

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gal Civ II, slow start to the empire but once it got rolling, it rolled down the hill and over the cliff, speeding up Industry, Technology and planet grabbing colony ships. Another 3 hours lost.

Juggernaut, Hunter of the Gods.
tinymhg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gal Civ II Shocked I haven't played that in ages. Maybe I'll break it out again tomorrow.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my PS3 back and am playing Stick of Truth.

God, it truly is a magnificent game. Gameplay is a bit easy, but fun nonetheless.

I loved the part where they say "Fighting is useless. Do you want to come peacefully?" And then even if you win the fight they just hit you with a hammer and you get taken away.
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished Infamous: Second Son. I would probably give this game the same score Daniel game his review.

(SPOILERS! The game was fun. Lots of area to explore, but Augustine's battles are too easy. Eugene's was a b*tch to me. They did mention some Cole references with those phone calls, so now I have to play the other two.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What am I playing now?

I took a dip back in the old-school gaming pool:

"TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: FALL of the FOOT CLAN" for the original GameBoy.
Affen
Freedom Runner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.

I feel guilty for starting it when I still have Azran Legacies to complete, but I just had to see how the game plays out. Looks sweet so far. Animated scenes are top notch and interface is really sleek. The game plays like the 3ds Layton games (at least in the start) so nothing new there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanfall and Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes
Tyrranis
L4Y Diplomat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after it went on sale during it's recent free weekend, I picked up and have been playing PAYDAY 2: The Heist.

It's rather fun, though the initial few heists are a bit of a drag. Logged 20 hours, and am now at rank 40, so I've got some decent gear. Very few masks, though. Only found one post-heist so far.

Remember, 2 Rs, 1 N.. Current thetank score: 30
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished the main mission of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and unlocked the "side ops" stuff while I've also been back to playing Infamous: Second Son.

Ground Zeroes (warning - spoilers ahead):

I finished the main mission in just over seventy minutes on my first attempt. I took a stealthy, non-lethal approach using the tranq pistol. Also ended up rescuing all of the POW's. I think due to my time and due to having to use Reflex mode a few times, I ended up getting an A ranking. The cut scene at the end (particularly when Paz is on board the helicopter) was very intense. In regards to the gameplay, I quite like the changes, how nimble Snake feels and I like how the stealth has gone back to "basics", e.g. using cover, staying low, moving slow etc.

While I did enjoy the game, it was very short and while it did leave me wanting more, I was ultimately disappointed by its length and what I had paid for it... at the very least, the side ops missions are available and I've finished a few of them, but I do see the potential opportunity for replay value, to replay the missions to try and get better scores and results and to do things differently.

No idea how you're supposed to finish the assault/rescue by helicopter mission with no kills though...

Infamous: Second Son (warning - spoilers ahead):

I recently got the Neon powers and they're fun, especially when you get the infinite run power. I also recently got the third power set, being the "Video" power... it's a very odd power to have but it's clever and interesting. The angel wings glide thing is pretty cool. I think though Neon is probably my favourite at this rate. The story is getting quite interesting, to me at least.

Sadly, I also have South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3) and Thief (PC) to play but I'm unfortunately neglecting them both. More so South Park, because Thief I don't actually find that interesting.
used44

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played through two more chapters of The Banner Saga tonight. Damn that game is tough. I'm really enjoying the combat but it is unforgiving and still a little mystifying. Like the only way to rank up your soldiers is by increasing their kill count, but some of my characters are built for breaking armor, not getting kills. So they'll never advance! It feels a little like FF9, trying to get the killing blow with a certain character to give them the bonus, except often in Banner Saga I don't have that luxury. Just have to scrape through by any means necessary.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the South Park game has the most accurate portrayal of girls I've seen. And for that I must give it props.
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still plugging away at MGS4. Just finished Act 3. Man..That story. I can't be the only one who thinks MGS stories are completely ridiculous, cheesy and over-rated am I? The games are great and tons of fun don't get me wrong but the stories are a little over the top.

Also, I still am not used to playing Old Snake and the amount of cut-scenes can be annoying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 170 of 199
Jump to: