More Reviews
REVIEWS Boo Bunny Plague Review
If you think you can enjoy the definition of budget game design, this one might make you laugh.

Minimum Review
With so many shooters crowding the marketplace, it’s refreshing to see Minimum take the low-fi route through Steam Early Access.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sunset Overdrive Preview
Microsoft and Insomniac Games have created a new open-world shooter with clear influences from Jet Grind Radio. We went hands-on with the first hour of the game.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES Interview: Sunset Overdrive's Drew Murray and Ted Price Talk Traversal and Game Design
Insomniac's open-world shooter will land exclusively on Xbox One later this year and we got to go hands-on and speak with the devs on the this stylish Xbox One exclusive.

Sunset Overdrive Co-op Is a Thrill Ride and a Half: TGS Multiplayer Hands-On
I play a co-op round of Sunset Overdrive with seven other people at the Tokyo Game Show.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137 Background: I own and have completed every entry in the Ninja Storm series, so there is inherent bias but luckily this isn’t a review. These are just my thoughts on a fun series I chose to pick up after my Dragon Ball Z Budokai days. I am also only about 3 episodes behind in the...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What are ya playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 191, 192, 193  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MGS games really do have absurd, ridiculous storylines. They are a lot of fun to play. My favourite so far is Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (Snake Eater).

MGS4 was very well known for the amount of cut scenes and I'm pretty sure a lot of people complained about them, as well as the radio sequences (which kinda acts like cut scenes too). It was especially annoying how MGS4 had to essentially "install" every damn Act.

I have mixed opinions on Old Snake. On one hand, I think the concept is cool but on the other hand, it would have also been cool to play as a younger, in-his-prime Snake too.
ProfessorPhart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm fucking playing PaRappa the Rapper. I can FINALLy afford this shit. Ima practice and perform at the next rap battle with this shiz.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing Dark Souls 2 a bunch.

It's kinda disappointing. Nowhere near as good as the other two games.

I think if I was using magic, it would feel more powerful. But going melee only yields few rewards in this game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out that I accidentally joined a covenant that ramps up the difficulty of the game and that's why the game was so disappointing for me.

Well shit. At least now I know I'm still hardcore as fuck enough to play through extra hard Dark Souls.

A small consolation.
Freedom Runner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ikaruga and Jamestown.

2 really good shmups. I already went trough Jamestown a couple times, but there's still some challenges to do and harder difficulties.

Ikaruga has a pretty unique game style with the polarity changing that I need to get more comfortable with.
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one humble brag there, Longo.

But honestly good on you. I've been talking to a coworker about DS2 and it sound just insane. There's a reason I'm scared of them.

Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am a very humble man. Still, it's not my fault that I was blessed with awe-inspiring hardcore talent.
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
I just found out that I accidentally joined a covenant that ramps up the difficulty of the game and that's why the game was so disappointing for me.

Well shit. At least now I know I'm still hardcore as fuck enough to play through extra hard Dark Souls.

A small consolation.

So what you're saying is it's an awesome game to you now?
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't quite call it awesome, but it's still good. It's gone from a 3.5 to a 4 in my book, and it may just keep going up.

If you haven't played Demon's or Dark Souls 1, I would still recommend playing those before moving on to this one. Like, the big problems with this game is that a lot of stuff doesn't unlock until NG+. Like, the best weapons and spells are all at the endgame, there are no 100% physical damage blocking shields until much later (as opposed to starting with them in the other two games), fewer poison cure items and more poison, and there is less invincibility with rolls.

It's still a great game, but still the weakest. Though considering its competition, there's no wonder why.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I'm having a ridiculously tough time with the final Banner Saga set piece. I can now see all the mistakes I made up to this point and I might be best off restarting from the beginning. Sad
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls. I stayed away from the original due to the fact that it had real money auction houses and shit loot but with the 2.0 patch the game is actually pretty fun (even if it's a bit easy).
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjim2000 wrote:
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls. I stayed away from the original due to the fact that it had real money auction houses and shit loot but with the 2.0 patch the game is actually pretty fun (even if it's a bit easy).

Diablo III wasn't very good in the past, but it's apparently really awesome now with the 2.0 patch and the Reaper of Souls expansion pack. I might get back into it...

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finishing off Skyrim DLC achievements and FFX whilst I wait for Trials Fusion on the 16th. Seriously fucking excited for that game.
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might get the FFX HD remix when the price drops.

Still playing Infamous: Second Son when I can.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
used44

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLB The Show 14 on Vita
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a huge sucker for baseball games, is it any good?
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
I'm finishing off Skyrim DLC achievements and FFX whilst I wait for Trials Fusion on the 16th. Seriously fucking excited for that game.

I excited for it too, but I'm hoping it's worth the price.
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
As a huge sucker for baseball games, is it any good?
Real huge suckers don't ask questions.

o--(^-^)--o
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper of Souls and Super Mario 3D World with the wifey.

Waiting eagerly for Mario Kart Wii U... soooo pumped

cyberjim2000 wrote:

so you're speed farming Torment 6? it's a loot grind. loot grinds never really have anything to do with actual player skill difficulty.

Knowing how to gear/play your build etc. is about it. Knowing how best to efficently farm with your current setup helps too. Otherwise just pray to the RNG gods.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing RoS too...but it seems like I'm the only one who doesn't know how to level to 70 in like 3 hours....still hanging out at 50 after beating Act V.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 191, 192, 193  Next
Page 171 of 193
Jump to: