GR votes most anticipated system

The Daily Vote | Which upcoming system do you want most?

The Daily Vote is a daily community feature in which GameRevolution’s readers choose the victor of a hotly-contested topic. Today we ask what the community’s most anticipated system is.

This console generation is coming to an end. Well, at least for the PS4 and Xbox One. Nintendo has its own thing going on, but even the Switch might see a hardware update if rumors are correct. That means it’s almost time for another console war to flare up, and for fanboys to draw lines in the sand and duke it out in internet comment sections everywhere.

With Microsoft and Sony’s hardware becoming more and more similar each generation, we don’t quite know which machine, the PS5 or the Xbox One… 2, will claim the throne of being the most powerful. The two were neck and neck this gen, with Microsoft narrowly pulling ahead with the mid-cycle Xbox One X. Nintendo decided not even to play the hardware game this generation, and it’s likely that trend will continue even with an upgrade to the Switch.

We don’t know much about how any of the upcoming consoles will look at release, so more than likely this vote will be done with your gut. Of course, if you’re predominately a PC gamer, none of this really matters all that much since you can just upgrade on the fly.

The GR editorial team reflected on what their most anticipated ninth-generation consoles are. Now, it’s your turn. Vote on which upcoming system you want the most on Twitter or Facebook. We’ll reveal which system won tomorrow in the next edition of The Daily Vote.

Paul Tamburro, executive editor: The Xbox One… Two. Or whatever it’s going to be called. Considering I have terrible internet, I probably shouldn’t be too excited by the digital future Xbox is working on. However, I feel like Microsoft has a whole bunch of interesting ideas up its sleeve for its Xbox One successor, and I’m excited to see a console launched by Phil Spencer’s team.

Jason Faulkner, senior editor: I’m pumped for the upgraded Switch more than anything. I’m hoping it comes in a smaller form factor with a better battery life moreso than just being packed with more powerful hardware. The Switch is obviously also meant to be a successor to the Nintendo 3DS as well as the Wii U, and something a bit more portable would make the system even more amazing.

Michael Leri, features editor: Given my roots and urge to continue stacking platinum trophies, I am going with PS5. The drastically downsized or nonexistent loading times is going to be a bigger deal than people think. Loading times have always been one of the biggest things holding this medium back since it gives you a chance to be unimmersed and out of the game world. And almost every game has this! It’s why titles like Batman Arkham Knight, God of War, and Naughty Dog’s games are all highly regarded; they suck you in and don’t let up.

Friday’s poll winner

What game should come to the Nintendo Switch?

1. GTA5
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Overwatch
  4. Hearthstone

Upcoming Releases

Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes is designed to bring players a modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Get ready to lead 100+ playable characters through a war-torn world only you can save.
Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

X