best 2019 game

The Daily Vote | What 2019 game are you most looking forward to?

The Daily Vote is a daily community feature in which GameRevolution’s readers choose the victor of a hotly-contested topic. Today we ask the community which 2019 game they’re most excited about.

2019 is a weird year for video games. Last year, we got a whole bunch of modern classics like God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2. This year, things are looking notably… lighter. But that isn’t to say there aren’t exciting games around the corner. There are still plenty of games we can’t wait to play, so in today’s The Daily Vote, we’re deciding on which game this year is the most exciting of them all.

Could it be Animal Crossing, the series’ debut on the Nintendo Switch? The long-awaited Borderlands 3Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and its single-player take on the Star Wars universe? Pokemon Sword and Shield and the first brand new 3D Pokemon game on the Switch? Or something completely different?

Vote below on Twitter or Facebook to let us know your thoughts, and we’ll reveal the winner in tomorrow’s The Daily Vote!

Paul Tamburro, executive editor: “I voted for Animal Crossing, the only sensible choice. Animal Crossing has always allowed me to live my best life as a citizen of a village occupied by anthropomorphic figures without jobs, carrying out mundane tasks in order to purchase gaudy furniture. I feel like Animal Crossing is the only series that truly makes me ‘switch off’ while playing it, so I’m looking forward to it finally coming to Nintendo’s latest console.”

Mack Ashworth, lead editor: “I’m looking forward to Borderlands 3. It’s been over six years since I played through Borderlands 2, and so I’m very ready to see what the next game brings. Microtransactions aside, I really enjoyed everything that I saw during the gameplay reveal. It really looks like a step in the right direction over the previous titles, with more loot to find, more skills to learn, and more environments to explore. It seems like it could be the loot shooter that I’ve been waiting for!”

Bradley Russell, news editor: If The Last of Us 2 goes MIA in 2019, then I can’t look past Borderlands 3. Paradoxically, in an industry filled with loot-shooters and games featuring numbers that get incrementally higher the longer you play, this is the one that excites me the most. Maybe it’s the cartoonish characters, or the great time I had with Tales from the Borderlands playing a major role, but Gearbox’s newest Borderlands game might just scratch the itch that hasn’t quite gone away since Borderlands 2.”

Michael Leri, features editor: Mortal Kombat 11 came out so all video games are basically done at this point for this year. But if I had to pick one, it would be Jedi Fallen Order because of the mystery surrounding it. We don’t know what it looks like and even though EA has been mishandling Star Wars, Respawn is an incredible studio. It could even have two Game of the Year candidates in one year. But Jedi still has to prove itself and that test is what has me excited.”

Upcoming Releases

Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes is designed to bring players a modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Get ready to lead 100+ playable characters through a war-torn world only you can save.
Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

X