the daily vote mini console 2

The Daily Vote | What ‘Mini’ console would you buy?

The Daily Vote is a daily community feature in which GameRevolution’s readers choose the victor of a hotly-contested topic. Today we ask the community which Mini console they would buy.

The NES and SNES Mini consoles were a collector’s dream, offering retro gaming fans the opportunity to revisit several classics on miniaturized hardware that didn’t take up a lot of space on their shelves. The PlayStation Classic was… underwhelming, to say the least, but the market for Mini consoles is definitely there, and many want to see more become available in the near future.

The GameRevolution editorial team discussed below which Mini console they’d want to see released, but now it’s time to cast YOUR vote. Select your choice in the Twitter poll below, or vote by reacting to our Facebook post. The winner will be revealed in tomorrow’s The Daily Vote.

Paul Tamburro, executive editor: “I voted for the GameCube Mini. While the N64 is my blind spot as it’s the only console I never owned, the GameCube’s library has really withstood the test of time. So many of its games hold up today, to the point where the console is still hooked up to my living room TV for a blast of Mario-Kart: Double Dash every now and again.”

Mack Ashworth, lead editor: “The GameCube Mini would be my choice. A number of terrific exclusives, many of which have ageless visuals, combined with an awesome hardware design. With Nintendo seemingly allergic to the idea of GameCube titles as Switch ports, this would be the next best thing.”

Bradley Russell, news editor: “The GameCube Mini — and this shouldn’t even be up for debate. Not only is it a matter of legacy (most of the other consoles’ iconic games are available elsewhere) with Nintendo oddly shutting off its retro offerings to anything pre-2001, but there are so many unheralded GameCube games that need another look. Billy Hatcher! Paper Mario! F bloody Zero. Nintendo is leaving money on the table at this point and I’m actually angry the GameCube Mini isn’t a thing.”

Michael Leri, guides editor: “The Dreamcast probably deserves one the most, given how much of a cult hit it was. The N64 Mini is almost bound to happen and be big but there’s an allure to a “failed” console getting a miniaturized version. It’s quirky and would fit some niche that’s not getting filled because the Dreamcast had a weird bunch of games that no other console could replicate.”

Yesterday’s vote results

Question: What 2019 game are you most looking forward to?

1. Borderlands 3 (34%)
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (29%)
  3. Animal Crossing Switch (26%)
  4. Pokemon Sword and Shield (11%)

Upcoming Releases

Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes is designed to bring players a modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Get ready to lead 100+ playable characters through a war-torn world only you can save.
Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

9 SCUF Reflex Review
SCUF is the brand that comes to mind for most people when it comes to custom gaming controllers. It’s been…
X