pokemon detective pikachu sequel legendary entertainment

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu sequel in the works

Attention Pokemon trainers everywhere: Legendary is in the early stages of developing a Pokemon: Detective Pikachu sequel. Legendary has been open about the future possibilities of the Pokemon universe in movies. Rumor has it the company may expand into far more than just the Detective Pikachu franchise.

As reported by Comicbook.com, The Pokemon Company warmed up to the idea of using its trademarked characters in an expanded Pokemon movie universe while Pokemon: Detective Pikachu was still in production.  The sequel will reportedly be the next in Legendary’s Pokemon series, followed by an expansion into more diverse Pokemon offerings. What the following movies could be is speculation, but Pokemon: Detective Pikachu left the window open for any number of Pokemon universe tie-ins thanks to its dedicated attention to detail with the famous franchise.

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu stars Ryan Reynolds as the titular Pokemon hero and Justice Smith as his human companion Tim. After Tim’s father, an ace detective, mysteriously goes missing, it’s up to Tim to search for answers. Tim is joined by Detective Pikachu, his father’s old sidekick. Shenanigans ensue as the two work together to unravel the mystery.

The film is stuffed to the gills with winks and nods to Pokemon lore, as well as lovingly-rendered CGI Pokemon we know and adore. I couldn’t help an obnoxious snort when even Ludicolo (AKA “let’s stick a sombrero and duckbill on a pineapple and call it a Pokemon”) made an appearance in the trailer.

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu has earned over $170 million at the box office to date and received a generally lukewarm reception from critics. While not necessary to view the film, I think a healthy nostalgia from growing up with the Pokemon world will only add to the appreciation of the film’s humor. I’d gladly shove popcorn in my face while watching Mr. Mime trying to get his point across to Ryan Reynolds the only way he knows how. Bless him.

No release date for the sequel has been confirmed, but we’ll be sure to report back with any new details as they surface.

Upcoming Releases

Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

9 SCUF Reflex Review
SCUF is the brand that comes to mind for most people when it comes to custom gaming controllers. It’s been…
X