daily vote playstation tv

The Daily Vote | What PlayStation series would make the best TV show?

The Daily Vote is a daily community feature in which GameRevolution’s readers choose the victor of a hotly-contested topic. This week we ask which PlayStation games would make great TV shows.

Sony has revealed PlayStation Productions, a brand new production studio which it will use to develop a variety of films and TV shows based around its popular game franchises. It’s already announced that a Twisted Metal TV series is in the works, and now PlayStation fans are wondering which other franchises will be transformed into shows in the future.

We asked the GameRevolution editorial team which PlayStation games they wanted to see be made into TV series, but now we want to hear from YOU. Vote below in the Twitter poll, and we’ll reveal the winner in tomorrow’s The Daily Vote!

Paul Tamburro, executive editor: “Ideally, you’d want a TV show that didn’t just retell the story of the game it was based on. As such, The Last of Us would probably be the best bet, as it featured a world with lots of intertwining stories that could potentially be told. There isn’t exactly a lack of zombie TV shows/films out there, but I can imagine plenty of people would be interested in seeing this series brought to the small screen.”

Jason Faulkner, senior editor: “I think The Last of Us would do well as a TV show. There’s plenty of stuff going on in that world besides Joel and Ellie, and they could even start at the beginning of the outbreak and show how the quarantine zones were formed and how society collapsed. With The Walking Dead looking long in the tooth and approaching the end of its run, there’s definitely room for a new big-budget zombie apocalypse show on the airwaves.”

Mack Ashworth, lead editor: “As much as I love The Last of Us, I feel like there are already enough movies out there giving us that TLOU vibe. Logan (incredible!) and Maggie (not so incredible!) are the films that immediately come to mind. I’d like to see God of War adapted for TV. Tackle a new god each week and give us some of that glorious gore.”

Bradley Russell, news editor: “I feel like Horizon Zero Dawn could work really well as a TV show. You’ve got a Lost-style mystery hanging about in the background, plus what should be an immediately likable, unique protagonist on TV in Aloy. Factor in some potentially fantastic CGI work and intense shootouts, and you’ve got yourself the makings of something that’s well worth at least six seasons. And a movie.”

Michael Leri, features editor: “This is tough because The Last of Us and God of War are so revered because they tell their stories using the strengths of the video game medium. Sly Cooper, however, would be a great fit for a television show. Each episode could focus on preparing for the heist that would be in the season finale. As long as the writing is witty and lighthearted and the story is good, Sly and the gang would be a decent fit for a TV show.”

Previous The Daily Vote Winner

Poll: What’s the best kart racing series?

1. Mario Kart (70%)
  2. Crash Team Racing (16%)
  3. Diddy Kong Racing (9%)
  4. Sonic Racing (5%)

Upcoming Releases

Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

9 SCUF Reflex Review
SCUF is the brand that comes to mind for most people when it comes to custom gaming controllers. It’s been…
X