daily vote death stranding

The Daily Vote | Are you going to buy Death Stranding?

The Daily Vote is a daily community feature in which GameRevolution’s readers choose the victor of a hotly-contested topic. This week we if our readers would buy a digital-only console.

Death Stranding‘s release date has been revealed in its latest trailer, and Hideo Kojima fans are appropriately ecstatic that the long-awaited game is going to launch in 2019. The new trailer dropped a bunch of new information on us, most of it nigh-on impossible to make sense of, but those familiar with the Metal Gear creator’s output wouldn’t have it any other way.

Death Stranding is now available to pre-order, but have you already pre-purchased the game? Are you going to pick it up on release day? Or are you just not interested in Kojima’s next project? The GR team has cast their vote, and now it’s time to cast yours! Vote on Twitter below (and give us a follow while you’re at it!) and we’ll reveal the winner of the poll tomorrow.

Paul Tamburro: “I’m excited for it, though not as all-in as the majority of people. Kojima games have never been my thing, even though I respect his work, but I’ll play Death Stranding regardless. As my appreciation for Metal Gear was diminished as a result of me playing the series out of order and never really getting to grips with its convoluted story, maybe Death Stranding can be my Kojima jumping-on point?”

Jason Faulkner, senior editor: “I’ve had it pre-ordered for as long as it has had a listing on Amazon, but I’ll probably have to switch it over to wherever the collector’s edition will be. I’m ready to take Death Stranding to the dome, even though I’m still piecing together what exactly is going on in it. This trailer is the first one we’ve got where you can actually see a coherent story structure and I think it’s proof the game isn’t just smoke and mirrors. It looks to have a very unique plot and I’m excited to see what Kojima and team have come up with.”

Mack Ashworth, lead editor: “I’ll put myself down for “Yes, absolutely!” It just looks bonkers as hell, and I’m all for that. I’m a big fan of Kojima and, now that he’s cut ties with Konami, I’m excited to see where his limitless creative freedom takes him.”

Bradley Russell, news editor: “Yes, absolutely! If you asked me before the recent Death Stranding trailer, I would have said absolutely not. After all, I’m still fairly certain it doesn’t exist and, if it does, it surely won’t live up to the hype. But Kojima is a master puppeteer. He’s got me and millions of others on strings with this new reveal. I want to know everything and anything. Give me all the theories. Who is Deadman? Why is Mads called Cliff? What the fuck is going on? It’s going to be a wild six months ahead of us.”

Michael Leri, features editor: “I’m somewhere between an enthusiastic “yes” and a “sure.” I appreciate how Kojima is making something completely new because the AAA space could always use more of that but most of what has been shown has been extremely masturbatory. The actual mechanics are still a bit of a mystery and the short gameplay peeks have been spliced between weird out-of-context cutscenes. I have faith in Kojima but I want to at least see a better, uninterrupted gameplay breakdown. I’m down for a weird story that doesn’t make sense. I’m just not as down for gameplay mechanics that are equally mysterious.”

Upcoming Releases

Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes is designed to bring players a modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Get ready to lead 100+ playable characters through a war-torn world only you can save.
Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

9 SCUF Reflex Review
SCUF is the brand that comes to mind for most people when it comes to custom gaming controllers. It’s been…
X