More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: 08/19/14

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: 08/19/14

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14


LATEST FEATURES Interview: Forging the Rings of Power in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Tolkien fans may now either squeal with glee at getting to play interactive fanfiction... or condemn it to the watery grave of Numenor.

How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.
 
Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Definitive Top 10 PlayStation 3 Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Sony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: The Definitive Top 10 PlayStation 3 Games Reply with quote

Now that the PlayStation 3 era has come to a close, let's try and come up with a definitive top 10 list of the very best games on the platform.

I'll update this post as the community weighs in.

Games to consider: Journey, The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect Trilogy, MGS4, Valkryia Chronicles...

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16027

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclusives only?
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
Exclusives only?


Nope. Just the best of the best.
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16027

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this will be based only on what I have played at length, some I may not have beat but am in the last quarter of the game.

1. Uncharted 2
2. Mass Effect Trilogy
3. Tomb Raider
4. The Walking Dead
5. Heavy Rain
6. Demon's Souls
7. Batman : Arkham City
8. Elder Scrolls : Skyrim
9. Bioshock

And 10 is a three way tie. Is that allowed? TOO BAD!

10. Rayman Origins, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed II

Like every top 10 list someone will come in with a game I forgot about that I agree with and it will make me want to edit my list.
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
Well, this will be based only on what I have played at length, some I may not have beat but am in the last quarter of the game.

1. Uncharted 2
2. Mass Effect Trilogy
3. Tomb Raider
4. The Walking Dead
5. Heavy Rain
6. Demon's Souls
7. Batman : Arkham City
8. Elder Scrolls : Skyrim
9. Bioshock

And 10 is a three way tie. Is that allowed? TOO BAD!

10. Rayman Origins, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed II

Like every top 10 list someone will come in with a game I forgot about that I agree with and it will make me want to edit my list.


No love for The Last of Us? Have you not played it yet??
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16027

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex_Osborn wrote:

No love for The Last of Us? Have you not played it yet??


I've only played about 3 hours of it. And honestly, so far it feels kind of bland. I was expecting a decent story with a lot of emotional impact but as of right now, it's lacking that. Maybe it comes a bit later? Also, I feel like they just kind of thrust you in against the clickers just as you're getting your bearings. I'm fine with that though because it gives a bit of a challenge. The story however, I feel like there's been more dialogue while I walk than any cut scene which is disappointing because I feel so removed from the characters when it's presented that way.

That intro though! That was gripping and emotional.
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..


Last edited by Lethean on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15740

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Demon's Souls

...
To be continued.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
1. Demon's Souls

...
To be continued.


Haha.

Why am I not surprised... Razz
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
Alex_Osborn wrote:

No love for The Last of Us? Have you not played it yet??


I've only played about 3 hours of it. And honestly, so far it feels kind of bland. I was expecting a decent story with a lot of emotional impact but as of right now, it's lacking that. Maybe it comes a bit later? Also, I feel like they just kind of thrust you in against the clickers just as you're getting your bearings. I'm fine with that though because it gives a bit of a challenge. The story however, I feel like there's been more dialogue while I walk than any cut scene which is disappointing because I feel so removed from the characters when it's presented that way.

That intro though! That was gripping and emotional.


Keep playing. The intro is great. Then it drags a bit. But the latter half is downright amazing.
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16027

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex_Osborn wrote:
Lethean wrote:
Alex_Osborn wrote:

No love for The Last of Us? Have you not played it yet??


I've only played about 3 hours of it. And honestly, so far it feels kind of bland. I was expecting a decent story with a lot of emotional impact but as of right now, it's lacking that. Maybe it comes a bit later? Also, I feel like they just kind of thrust you in against the clickers just as you're getting your bearings. I'm fine with that though because it gives a bit of a challenge. The story however, I feel like there's been more dialogue while I walk than any cut scene which is disappointing because I feel so removed from the characters when it's presented that way.

That intro though! That was gripping and emotional.


Keep playing. The intro is great. Then it drags a bit. But the latter half is downright amazing.


So I'm not crazy for feeling the way I do then. Plus when I found out it takes about 15 hours to complete I realized that it still has a bit of time to get going.
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WickedLiquid
In Limbo


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 6555

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The Walking Dead
2. The Last of Us
3. Metal Gear Solid 4
4. Heavy Rain
5. Uncharted 2
6. Grand Theft Auto V
7. Sound Shapes
8. Limbo
9. Little Big Planet 2
10. Infamous 2
_________________
Lethean wrote:
I'm just going to ban everyone for 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:
1. The Walking Dead
2. The Last of Us
3. Metal Gear Solid 4
4. Heavy Rain
5. Uncharted 2
6. Grand Theft Auto V
7. Sound Shapes
8. Limbo
9. Little Big Planet 2
10. Infamous 2


Solid list. Solid list indeed.
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz


Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 5157

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:
4. Heavy Rain

Lethean wrote:
5. Heavy Rain


lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 1421

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting lists everyone... Well crap, here we go. I'll do mine from 10 - 1.

With this list I'll try and do what games I enjoyed the most on the PS3. Some of these games may have been released on other consoles, PC etc, I just happened to play them on PS3. I chose these games because I have the fondest memories and experiences of them.

10 - Resident Evil 5
9 - InFamous 2
8 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
7 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
6 - The Last of Us
5 - Red Dead Redemption
4 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
3 - Fallout 3
2 - Batman: Arkham City
1 - The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Honourable mentions (in no particular order): Grand Theft Auto V, Tomb Raider (2013 reboot), Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, The Walking Dead: Season 1, Dead Space 2.
_________________
Check out GameRevolution's weekly web comic "GR Strips" - http://www.gamerevolution.com/comics/

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15740

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex_Osborn wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:
1. Demon's Souls

...
To be continued.


Haha.

Why am I not surprised... Razz

Have you played it? It's phenomenal!

Anyway, I'll try and make a list that favors exclusives/games best on PS3.
1. Demon's Souls
2. Dragon's Dogma
3. Metal Gear Solid 4
4. Dark Souls
5. Red Dead Redemption
6. GTA V
7. Resistance 3
8. Infamous 2
9. Uncharted 2
10. Assassin's Creed 2
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Alex_Osborn wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:
1. Demon's Souls

...
To be continued.


Haha.

Why am I not surprised... Razz

Have you played it? It's phenomenal!

Anyway, I'll try and make a list that favors exclusives/games best on PS3.
1. Demon's Souls
2. Dragon's Dogma
3. Metal Gear Solid 4
4. Dark Souls
5. Red Dead Redemption
6. GTA V
7. Resistance 3
8. Infamous 2
9. Uncharted 2
10. Assassin's Creed 2


So glad to see Resistance 3 on there!
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15740

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I like Resistance 1 a little bit more, but 3 was a fantastic game so it's okay.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 6070

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm listing 10, and not really putting them into any order of importance.

1. Journey
2. Mirror's Edge
3. LA Noire
4. GTA V
5. Little Big Planet 2
6. Red Dead Redemption
7. Portal 2
8. Shadow of the Colossus
9. MAG
10. Dust 514

I've got Catherine waiting to be played. I have high hopes for it as an honorable mention.
_________________
Shaft wrote:
I let her come up with the safe word...thats about it

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.


Last edited by UrbanMasque on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around


Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 6861

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe the Ico/SotC collection isn't on any of your lists. Greats games on both PS3 and PS2. I'll make a list when I return home.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16027

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
I can't believe the Ico/SotC collection isn't on any of your lists. Greats games on both PS3 and PS2. I'll make a list when I return home.


I've yet to play it Sad
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Sony All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum