More Reviews
REVIEWS Cut the Rope: Triple Treat Review
Cutting the ropes has never before made gravity so… pricey.

Faster Than Light: Advanced Edit Review
FTL's Advanced Edition is a natural fit for the iPad. But whatever platform you're playing on, the new content adds depth and variety.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sniper Elite 3 Preview
Sending bullets through the hate.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Release date: Out Now

Trials Fusion
Release date: Out Now

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Release date: 04/29/14

Bound by Flame
Release date: 05/09/14

LATEST FEATURES 4 PAX Indie Titles to Look Out For
We've given attention to all the higher profile games at PAX EAST, but now it's time for the indies.

Ouya's Best Games Coming to the Platform
The Kickstarter console is slowly establishing itself with a couple of creative gems on the way.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP danielrbischoff
Peace in the Era of Call of Duty
By danielrbischoff
Posted on 04/15/14
In a world dominated by violent media, Americans are no more eager to go to war than they were in the 1980s or the 1960s or the 1940s. Hasn't it always been someone else's problem? The overwhelming majority would rather go on thinking it had nothing to do with them and there...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[Official] World of Warcraft topic.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64

Can't talk, must level all my alts to 85!
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the day blizzard makes a full lengh CGI warcraft or diablo movie is the day my life is complete.

i really hope they dont go through with the real human warcraft movie
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well World of warcraft goers, while it seems GameRevolution (Or Guildwar revolution like used calls it) are preoccupied about other things beside warcraft like reviewing another boring 3ds mario game. And yet, they don't even point out the MoP cinematic exist. Not even briefing mentioning anywhere on the podcast Confused (even feminist blogs made a mention of that, what gives, GR!). Well looks like Lien here gotta take the reigns here to save GR's hides. Just because Daniel thinks lame yo mama jokes are gonna kill wow (*snickers*) doesn't mean us millions of warcraft players all around the world shouldn't be exited about next Tuesday... That's right!

IT'S NEW CONTENT PATCH DAY!

Now this little link here should tell you the basic of what to expect to change this august 28th. However, allow me to bring out a short list of the biggest change to come.

THE NEW TALENT SYSTEM!

Seriously, even if you abandoned Wow or just curious about this game, check it out! It is simpler, new player will be hassle free, just a few click and bam you are ready to raid or pvp and best of all... No calculator needed! No longer must you calculate if you need 3 points in survival for that 6% increase in agility or if it's better to get a 15% haste increase while you get 3.17% intel reduction. It's now either you want that freeze arrow or the ability to turn people to sheep. BAM no question! just send it to mama and be the pvp king!

If you are a veteran Wow, you may notice that certain things are different spell wise, in fact new things are there and old ones are gone! That's cause the classes are rewritten! What's that? Arcane mages just need two buttons? NOPE not anymore! Now you gotta think and rotate spells like all the other classes! Hey? Hunters are horrible in pvp? No heals? Well not only do they all get self healings spells, they can now close range and actually can become a threat in Battlegrounds!

But all this pale in comparison to...

EVERYTHING IS NOW ACCOUNT BOUND!

So you've been playing wow for some years now and you keep telling everyone that you have only one character... you are lying of course. I mean come on! You HAD to check out dwarf shamans and tauren pallies! What are you? A man who hates fun?! Anyhoo... You've made some alt character and then... you left them... why did you do that? Cause ya realize all those hassle you've made these past years of your life now gotta go repeat itself over and over again! That cool mount? you gotta farm it again! those pets? sorry! main only! and those achievement you spends hours upon? Wel Bad news buddy,l you gotta redo them! How many time does that one guildie gotta keep saying GRATZ to you at every baby steps! (we all know what you secretly want to do to them, good luck...). But guess what! With the new content patch, all of these goodies will now be bound to your account! That's right! Even your level 1 drunken dwarf can be the scarab lord flying on your cool a** Invincible charger (level restriction still applies). Meaning that all the efforts you've taken since day one will show off on all your characters! And guess for how much? 20 bucks? 10 bucks? The proof of purchase of the new expansion? NOPE! This is Blizzard we are talking about, it's free like they've always given ya! Even to you new players! Yes you with the trial accounts that can only go up to level 20! And guess what, you don't need to buy all of the now super cheap expansions to explore the new contents or to play the races, it's now included to your account!.

You can even share all this glory with your friends. Why? Cause...

CROSS SERVER GALORE!

So let me tell you a story ok? I was in this Wpvp server which had almost 2500 players and there was a problem, people didn't pvp as much. So people left the server and went to either more populated ones or one where people behave better. Me? I stayed behind, the server may only have 1000 people but it is my home and i can't leave my friends and guild behind... but i sure do miss all my friends who left me and i found out recently... they miss me too Crying or Very sad ... BUT NOT FOR LONG! Cause not only did blizzard already allowed cross realm chat, raids and battlegrounds, they will now implement cross server questing and WPVP! That's right! Those douche bags from the Oceanic alliance heavy server can now be crushed but the might of your Brazilian PVP horde server! That cute red head girl from your guild you've left behind who's begging for help killing boars? wel lyou can jump in pecs first and help that dame! It's all thanks to new features allowing guilds to challenge or ask help across the web instantly ecouraging the community to think as people of the game more then one bound to a single server. (which i personally think is the future of MMORPG) Currently, this feature seems to only work in certain zones. But by the looks of the beta, it might even work for the entire world, even the phased ones (A little worgen vs undead campaign in Gilneas, anyone?). And not only are they bringing the battle tag feature found in diablo 3, but they will also add in new anonymous tools to help with your privacy! (Go ahead and bring your gnome to moonguard, we won't tell no one... Wink ).

But while you do share your joy with all your friends, you better renew your tactics with them as well cause...

THE PVP SEASON IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE NEW PVP SEASON!
That's right, Season 11 of pvp is over, the longest we ever had yet. With the expansion coming out less then a month away, it's time to plan out our new pvp tactic, even if you are a pve fanatic, you gotta relearn anyway cause... they be changing the rule of pvp once more! Resilience? Sorry it's gone! So's spell penetration! Hey hunters, listen up! People can avoid your arrows, ya gotta stock up on expertise now! Mages? YOU might get frozen before you can even right click! Now that we don't have range weapons slots no more, it's gonna mean people are gonna gank ya differently! So get your raids ready and check out the new buffs system so you all don't wipe during your next stormwind/orgrimmar charge! And don't ya dare think that Wpvp isn't worth it no more. All the signs in the beta greatly encourage player versus player, even going as far as suggesting a score system based on Wpvp in future patch. RUN NOOB, RUN!

But of course, if raiding or pvp ain't your thing, the final patch content and a new gameplay coming for wow may gonna change your online end game behavior...

OH YEAH... DID WE MENTION SCENARIOS?

So y'all remember when they mention that Battle for theramore?
See people assumed it was gonna be another expansion event. Like the one with the blasted lands and them demons pooing out, the scourge turning you into zombies or even putting barricades and turning out fires in capitals cities... Well here's the funny thing. It's huh... not an event like most folks expected. It's a scenario.

What are scenarios you ask? Well let's put it this way. Have you ever been in a dungeon, raid, Battleground or even just questing when this random dude with a name you can't pronounce on T.V appear out of nowhere and starts babbling at you about how you got horrible gear or that hunters don't use leather no more? Well scenarios are the answer to that. It's some sort of instance ranging for 5 players to a whooping 25 man raid where gears are selected for you, skills are determined and level or ranking won't matter. Instead of being able to beat the bosses or looting of corpses being the main feature, it's all mechanic and time. That's right, rogues gotta be rogues, mages gotta be mages and warriors gotta go ROAR and be warriors cause all those scenarios got a method specific to your class to get "score points" so to say. The goal here is how fast you can finish this scenario while playing along the rule given to you. It will be some sort of experimental feature not seen in most MMORPG around and, not tryign to hype this too much, could actually be the downfall or the resurgence for World of warcraft's reputation itself! ...least till other "wow-killers" will rip it off horribly and go bankrupt themselves. Anyway, I must mention that this patch should introduce this new system a week or two after patch day.

So! With al lthis said, who else here is excited about wow?

All seriousness, I got nothing against guild war 2, especially not the GR guild we all gonna join here, me included! I really hope it succeed just like any MMO out there! it's just i want the wow/gw2 bashing to end already, it's starting to be silly and is showing the bad side of gaming. I'm looking at you, daniel and alex!

Last edited by Lien on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lien for the update. Truth is I have over 600 days spent in WoW and at some point enough is enough. Until MoP is out there's no reason for me to even look at WoW.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i know that Jon. It's just that all that wow bashing i keep hearing left and right is really getting on my nerve. Worst yet, i really wanted to know on the staffs opinion just on the cinematic. I absolutely LOVE guild war 2 and from what i can play so far, i actually believe this game can actually compete with all the major giant MMO out there (I'd even go as far as say Team fortress 2). It's just that for me, no game can compete to WoW NOR should they. Like a bunch of people been commenting on that article of yours about how "WoW should move over", you are comparing a 8 years old game to a current gen one. It's not the same, Jon. It's unfair for both party to do so and every wow player know the game is getting outdated. We just don't care. Move on and let both the wow and gw2 community play in peace. We'll save you a spot here in Pandaria should you ever feel the need to come back! Smile

ANYWAY, back on topic. It is now close to 3 AM pacific time. By the time the sun will rise up, you will notice that the log in screen has change...

Welcome to Pandaria, not as heroes of a broken world, but as adventurers to a new world!

intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill probably never play WoW again, but it is king, it is the best, and nothing will beat it until blizzard pulls the plug.

gw2 won't be making WoW move over, ever, at all. even if it politely asks WoW to just nudge over a little big, WoW will take it and body slam it into dust.
Kijan
White Mage of the Modern Age

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
ill probably never play WoW again, but it is king, it is the best, and nothing will beat it until blizzard pulls the plug.

gw2 won't be making WoW move over, ever, at all. even if it politely asks WoW to just nudge over a little big, WoW will take it and body slam it into dust.

Thing is... I never got the feeling that GW2 wanted to do anything to WoW --> like, duke it out.

Seems to me that it is content with doing what it wants to do, while letting WoW do it's own thing. My perception. Smile
Kiristo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cinematic looks like a trailer for Kung Fu Panda. That was a crazy talent update...I haven't played in years, but went on Wowhead to see the new talent trees out of curiosity and they don't exist! Kudos to you guys still playing WoW and still enjoying it. Have fun with the new expansion.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kijan wrote:
intoTheRain wrote:

Thing is... I never got the feeling that GW2 wanted to do anything to WoW --> like, duke it out.

Seems to me that it is content with doing what it wants to do, while letting WoW do it's own thing. My perception. Smile

Aye that's my opinion as well. I play WoW and GW2, i have no plan for the moment to abandon either game. They are two completely different games for me (Like say top of my head... Dragon age and Skyrim) and neither seem to have any plan to undermine each other.

Let both community play in peace and let's get back to raiding!
Kiristo wrote:
The cinematic looks like a trailer for Kung Fu Panda. That was a crazy talent update...I haven't played in years, but went on Wowhead to see the new talent trees out of curiosity and they don't exist! Kudos to you guys still playing WoW and still enjoying it. Have fun with the new expansion.

Will do! If ya want to come to wow, we will always leave a seat right for ya here (and a scroll of resurrection as well... gimme a mount *cough*!). And i hope blizzard will think about starting a Hollywood studio cause darn it! That cinematic was a thing of beauty!
Kiristo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I'm done. I haven't really enjoyed it since TBC, haven't played since Wrath. If they hadn't killed twinking maybe I'd come back.
C_nate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played since Cata but I still get the itch from time to time. I have to admit the the new expansion has me curious again but I just don't think I have it in me to get back into the grind again.
Kiristo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since cata...so like right now?
C_nate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me rephrase....

I stopped playing shortly after Cata came out. Better?
spartan317

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wanted to play this game so bad... I started... but never really got any support.. friend of mine ran a guild and gave me a boost with some items but I got dropped off in the wrong area and completely lost track of what I was doing... Yeah... it was fun what I was able to play... I just didn't have anyone to play with and NO ONE would lend a hand... pissed me off...
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:

Aye that's my opinion as well. I play WoW and GW2, i have no plan for the moment to abandon either game. They are two completely different games for me (Like say top of my head... Dragon age and Skyrim) and neither seem to have any plan to undermine each other.

my thing is im a perfectionist i think a lot who play rpgs/mmorps are... i can only find time for one game at a time. so i always see them as competition because theyre so damn time consuming.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOeUvGrugbc
ok... i am PUMPED! Bring in the pandas already!
charliedelta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about in no.14 unfortunately still no time to continue it.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six more hours...

Soon, panda girl... soon...
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys. Outta nowhere the anticipation train for MoP hit me yesterday so I'm picking it up tomorrow. I have 3 85s: a Paladin, Priest, and DK. In thinking about going with the DK but am open to suggestions.

I can't wait!!!
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priest are incredible right now but i have way more fun with my paladin and my hunter at the moment. I don't have a max level DK but from what i heard, DK players are groaning because they can't use blood spec abilities with unholy or frost.

five more hours... then we can finally greet the monkeys with guns!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18
Jump to: