More Reviews
REVIEWS Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Rebor Review
Just a small update to the existing review for the PS4 version of the game. What are the benefits to upgrading? Check here to see. ~Ed. Nick Tan

Cut the Rope: Triple Treat Review
Cutting the ropes has never before made gravity so… pricey.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sniper Elite 3 Preview
Sending bullets through the hate.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Release date: 04/29/14

Bound by Flame
Release date: 05/09/14

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Release date: 05/20/14

Drakengard 3
Release date: 05/21/14

LATEST FEATURES The Gaming Charities at PAX East 2014
Pause your game and make a difference. Gamers can go beyond player two by helping many others with these charities.

4 PAX Indie Titles to Look Out For
We've given attention to all the higher profile games at PAX EAST, but now it's time for the indies.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
So much more than war...
By shandog137
Posted on 04/18/14
The recent blog, Peace in the Era of Call of Duty  really made me think about war games that dig deeper than simply a kill streak reward. The first game that came to mind was Spec-Ops: The Line and although I haven’t played it, I began to wonder if it did the war genre as...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Comic Movie News: More TV adaptions and SpiderX-Men
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Groot looks a little... cutesy. Like not nearly as menacing as in the comics.

Agree with you there. I watched the most recent episode of Ultimate Spider-Man which guest starred the Guardians. Groot in the cartoon (voiced by Michael Clark Duncan in one of his last roles) had the appearance of twisted wood with sharp teeth. I also think the film Rocket Raccoon could stand to be a bit scruffier. Minor issues though.

On to a few updates.

While the theatrical version of The Wolverine will be rated PG-13, director James Mangold says the DVD/BluRay release will have an unrated directors cut, which Mangold says will have at least 10-12 more minutes that could see a bit more blood and violence than PG-13 would allow.

Here's some weapons and gear from Guardians of the Galaxy, with Star-Lord's helmet front and center.

And a member of the Nova Corps.

Joss Weadon gave out some more info about Avengers: Age of Ultron:
"We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron, and the other thing is, in the origin story there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed he was going to be in the mix, but he's not, because we're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside. We're crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about."

So it looks like Hank Pym may not show up in the sequel after all. At least not as the creator of Ultron. What I'm taking away from his statement - 'We're crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about.' - is that Ultron's origin will tie into the ending of Iron Man 3 where -SPOILER- Stark destroyed all his suits. I'm betting that rather than build suits, he builds robots to take his place as Iron Man.

I think this would be a logical extension of the remote controlled and automated armors from Iron Man 3. And in the endeavor to create better and more efficient robots...Ultron is born. I wonder if they'll at least keep the Vision aspect of Ultron.

Comic-Con is over, so I'm going back to updates once a week or so. Thanks for reading. I've enjoyed sharing all the news the past few days.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, they are missing out on a big opporitunity by not having Pym make Ultron. You don't even need to introduce the character, and already you have given people a reason to watch the Ant-Man movie.
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:
For the few of us watching Arrow, here's an awesome trailer for Season 2.

F*ck yeah! Nice to see Speedy fighting China White...wait, that's not China White. Black Canary? Hopefully he meets The Green Arrow this season. From the looks of the trailer, Oliver might choose to be The Green Arrow instead The Hood. Also, Thea "Speedy" queen, she's a character created for the show, right? I have a feeling something tragic might happen to her and that's how Roy gets his nickname.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Sentinel head is great looking.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Thea was created for the show. Honestly, though, I hope they keep her, just because the brother/sister chemistry is perfectly done between the actors.

Also, I am so hype for Guardians of the Galaxy. It's unreal.
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A link between Thea and the name Speedy: Thea's middle name is Dearden. Mia Dearden was the name of the new Speedy that debuted a few years ago.

Ever since I first saw that Sentinel head, there's been something familiar about it that I couldn't place. Then it hit me. Swap the coloring to yellow, and it could almost be Bumblebee.

On to the news.
Don't know how many manga fans we have here, but here's a trailer for Space Pirate Captain Harlock. It's all in Japanese but the idea still comes across.

Dredd didn't perform to well theatrically, but sales of the home release have soared and expanded it's fan base in a very short period of time. (Full disclosure: I still haven't seen it yet.) Regardless, the studio has no current plans for a sequel. Enter 2000AD, the publisher of the Judge Dredd comic. They've set up an online petition to try and encourage interest in a sequel. Of course, petitions have no guarantee to work, but it could potentially give the studio some numbers to crunch.

In the last update, regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I posted a pic of a turtle in a trench coat disguise, an obvious nod to the old cartoon show. Well here's another throwback: the Turtle Van.

The Fantastic Four will take advantage of Louisiana's film tax breaks and incentives and begin production there this September. I expect we'll have first casting news by the end of this year. The release date is March 6, 2015.

It was just last week that we found out X-Men: Days of Future Past would be followed up by X-Force, so not really anything is known about it yet other than Kick-Ass 2 director Jeff Wadlow is taking the project on. Fox's Marvel consultant Mark Millar did offer this regarding the project though: "People are going to be dissecting every name as it gets released, so it will be cool when you have your five." If I was picking five, I think the most likely combo would be Deadpool, Cable, Psylocke, Archangel and Bishop. Bishop would already be established from Days of Future Past, but if they want star power, they could also slide in Wolverine.

While Vin Diesel's business with Marvel is still shrouded in secrecy, he did let this out in an interview:
“Marvel was excited about bringing a different kind of relationship, a different kind of love story, I guess kind of inspired from the Dom-Letty relationship, into the Marvel universe.”
Thanos and Mistress Death? Doubt it. Vision and Scarlet Witch? Possibly. Something else altogether? Diesel said at Comic-Con that we'll know more by the end of the month.

Edgar Wright says that Ant-Man will "feature" Hank Pym. He would not confirm that Pym would "be" Ant-Man, but I think that between Pym, Scott Lang or Eric O'Grady, it should be a no brainer to go with the more well known character. Still no word on The Wasp yet.

Peter Serafinowicz (Shaun of the Dead, Spaced) will play a Nova Corps officer alongside John C. Reilly's Rhomann Dey in Guardians of the Galaxy. The character that Glenn Close will be playing has been revealed to be Nova-Prime. While in the comics, that's always been a male character, Nova-Prime is really more of a title than any one person. The Prime is leader of the Nova Corps.

In a recent interview about Captain America: The Winter Soldier, film writers Anthony and Joe Russo says that Cap will do something in the film that will affect him personally and cause a significant shift in the Marvel film universe. I expect we'll see the first teaser trailers within a couple of months.

One of the things Joss Weadon is known for is creating strong female characters. The first draft for Avengers: Age of Ultron is complete and in his latest interview said that Black Widow is going to be a huge part of the sequel and that "the stuff I’ve got going on with her in the second one is killer.” I wonder if he'll have her go the way of the Ultimate Widow and turn on the team.

Another female character in the film will have a change of wardrobe. Weadon says that Scarlet Witch will not sport her two pointed half-helmet that she has in the comics, although her costume may reflect it. I expect her Ultimates costume to be the basis for her look.

I'll leave you with Tom Hiddleston acting out the plot of Thor: The Dark World with action figures.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthfully, Black Widow was the weakest link in Avengers. So if she is made to be like the number two or three character I will be a little disappointed. I'm not a huge fan of having the mediocre minority made to be a major player simply for the sake of having a minority on the main team (Cough Uhura cough).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to buy a billion fucking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figures and playsets.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:
Don't know how many manga fans we have here, but here's a trailer for Space Pirate Captain Harlock. It's all in Japanese but the idea still comes across.

While the U.S was crazed by the G.I. Joe and he-man cartoons, us french had cartoons like goldorak and Captain Harlock. It's impossible to describe how much of a cultural impact these two cartoons did to France. It even created a golden age of French/Japanese cartoon series like no one ever seen. Us french fans pretty much made Toei animation for what it is today.

A good example is Daftpunk's interstella 5555 cartoons. Crazy story too. When the daft punk creators announced they were gonna make a new album, they personally begged Leiji Matsumoto (the guy who made captain harlock) to help them animated their music videos. In the end, they had to rewrite and remixed their songs so it could match up the animation on screen. That's how much of an influence Harlock has done to the french, Daftpunk pretty much added the score behind Leiji Matsumoto's cartoons.

So, as a french man, i can't wait till Captain harlock gets released statewise.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Japanese release is September 7th and an international dub is in production. If I find out a release date for that I'll let you know.
C_nate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pics from the TMNT set are hitting all the right nostalgia strings. I had written it off early on thinking it would just be another Bay suckfest, but I'm up to cautiously optimistic about the movie now.

I'm not that excited about the Avengers news either. I'm not watching an Avengers movie to watch the Black Widow. I understand you gotta have the sex appeal front and center but I hope Whedon balances it out. I know he has that rep about the "strong" female character thing but I'm not sure the Avengers movie is the right place to put that on display.

I just saw the rebooted Dredd movie on one of the movie channels not that long ago actually. I didn't think it was a great movie, but there was something about it that I liked that I can't quite articulate why. I thought the over the top graphic violence was excessive but expected in a movie like that. It gave it a shock value quality that probably was needed, otherwise most of the movie would have been pretty forgettable without it. I think what I liked most about it was how low-key they played the movie compared to the hammy campfest that was the Stallone version. In any event, it's not really the kind of story that lends itself well to a sequel so I hope they have a good idea in mind.

Nice updates, as usual. =)
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly on TMNT. And I'll trust Weadon's vision (pun intended), but if Widow does have a large focus in the next film, I hope it's because they turn her heel.

Do you feel safe?
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:
Do you feel safe?

It's like real life, except we can't see the robots patrolling us.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty Laundry.
I think I'm one of the few that really liked Punisher: Warzone with Ray Stevenson and thought Thomas Jane's Punisher was just ok. But damned if Jane doesn't redeem himself in a big way in this ten minute short film.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already posted this in the Awesome Things thread, but wanted to share it here as well. It's 17 minutes, but worth sticking around until the very end.
#TruthInJournalism
I also definitely recommend the above posted Dirty Laundry.

Samuel L. Jackson has signed on to play the villain in Matthew Vaughn's adaptation of the Mark Millar series The Secret Service. He will join the already cast Colin Firth and Michael Caine.

More news for us Arrow fans: Barry Allen will be introduced in episodes 8 and 9 of season 2 as a forensics scientist working for the Central City police department and “just an ordinary man before life gets a little bit faster.” Barry will also appear in Episode 20, a formal backdoor pilot more focused on this new character that is intended to launch a new CW show about The Flash.
Now Arrow is pretty grounded in reality with (so far) no superpowers. But Allen "does need powers to be The Flash.” And as such, “the characters will react to the extraordinary changes to their world in a realistic way. These ‘powers’ wont be treated as commonplace.”

It's already been said that that the Superman/Batman movie (still no official title), while not being an adaptation, will be influenced by Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. Now it's being said that Miller himself is being brought in to consult on the film. No new casting has been made yet (other than Henry Cavill as Superman), but the early reports are saying they want their Batman to be in his mid-forties, someone grizzled who's been on the job for several years. I am on board with this. I want them to get right to Batman. No origin story.

X-Men: Days of Future Past director Bryan Singer tweeted a shot of himself standing next to a full size Sentinel.

It's big, but doesn't look like it would pose too much of a threat to a team of mutants. I'm betting that this model is the more commonly seen public sentry and that the future versions will be the monstrosities that we are familiar with.
I'm guessing the vents in the chest are for flight.

Joss Whedon confirmed that Avengers: Age of Ultron will not be an adaption of the recent comic arc, but will rather just make use of a cool, fitting title.
When asked if a crossover with the Fox owned X-Men universe would ever be possible, he snuck in what I took to be a jab at the bloated cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past. “That’s not the plan. It would be cool but I think right now I already have a ton of very talented actors in my movie playing a ton of characters, and I’m about to add a few more. So I’m not like, ‘How can we get more licensed characters because I want to kill myself and make a nine-hour movie.’”
And about Ultron apparently set to be the villain rather than the presumed Thanos: "Thanos is not out of the mix, but Thanos was never meant to be the next villain. He’s always been the overlord of villainy & darkness.”
I'm going to go ahead and call it now that the third Avengers film will be Avengers: The Infinity Gauntlet.
While no new official casting has been made, Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Kick-Ass) confirmed that he has met with Marvel about the role of Quicksilver.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:
Dirty Laundry

Ok If that, and the #truthinjournalism were released in theater instead of Daredevil, spiderman 3 and any of the punisher film, we would of had a comic book movie boom a decade earlier.
Also like the Jean-Pierre Melville's touch in that black and white documentary.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:

More news for us Arrow fans: Barry Allen will be introduced in episodes 8 and 9 of season 2 as a forensics scientist working for the Central City police department and “just an ordinary man before life gets a little bit faster.” Barry will also appear in Episode 20, a formal backdoor pilot more focused on this new character that is intended to launch a new CW show about The Flash.
Now Arrow is pretty grounded in reality with (so far) no superpowers. But Allen "does need powers to be The Flash.” And as such, “the characters will react to the extraordinary changes to their world in a realistic way. These ‘powers’ wont be treated as commonplace.”

I love the Flash.

That said, no thank you. He has no place in this show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiiiiiit, that Punisher short was great. I loved the Thomas Jane Punisher.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan Lee just tweeted out this new Thor Trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xphJMM1ipJo&feature=youtu.be
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So excited for more Thor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 57 of 79
Jump to: