More Reviews
REVIEWS Far Cry 4 Review
The open world of Far Cry 4 is wondrous, but is the beauty of Kyrat only skin-deep?

World of Warcraft: Warlords of D Review
Does Blizzard's latest expansion breathe new life into the 10 year-old franchise, or is this MMO finally starting to show its age?
More Previews
PREVIEWS Silence: The Whispered World II Preview
With its absolutely gorgeous sequel, Daedalic aims to create a mid-range difficulty adventure title that will expand the genre to a larger audiences.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Release date: 11/25/14

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
Release date: 12/02/14

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Release date: 12/16/14

Kalimba
Release date: 12/17/14

LATEST FEATURES With Two Paths to Walk This Fall, I Recommend Assassins Play AC Unity Over AC Rogue
For fans of this series, it'll be a decision based on hardware. For enthusiasts, returning to the brand's roots will prove enticing.

Nintendo Download November 2014 - Updating Each Week
If you've got credit on Nintendo's digital eShop service or expect to receive a gift card this holiday season, start making your list with our weekly updates.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Master_Craig
Welcome Home - PAX AUS 2014
By Master_Craig
Posted on 11/18/14
Last night I returned home from PAX AUS 2014. Long story short, it wasn't perfect, but it was quite possibly the best weekend I've had this year. It was a lot of fun. If you'd like to continue reading, the long story is just below. Buckle up. This is gonna be...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Comic Movie News: Latest news and notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
intoTheRain wrote:
Have you seen Magic Mike?

That's like asking if you enjoy men's balls in your face. Do you enjoy balls in your face?

I miss being insecure.

Anyway, thought of two new candidates for batman...

If he could learn to not talk like a drunken irishman.

And Hugh Jackman could probably do it, if he wasn't Wolverine already.

And Chris.. I agree with the Bale thing about his awful batman voice.. it always made me laugh and kind of ruined the movies a bit for me.. But I often ask myself.. what else could he do to mask his voice that wouldn't be even worse? Talk like a chipmunk? Deepen his voice even more? Etc... all the options just sound even worse.

They should have created a device that would attach to his vocal cords and change his voice permanently when in the bat suit. Then it'd give an excuse to give him an ultra badass voice.

I think Bale was perfect as Bruce Wayne.. and was silly as Batman, but I don't know what else he could have done to mask his voice.

Last edited by intoTheRain on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
C_nate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own opinion is they should have went for someone lesser known for the role. When you pick someone like Affleck for the role, you got all the baggage that comes along with the name, good and bad. It becomes more about the actor than the character.

That's why the Clooney Batman was so bad. You never got past him being Clooney. He wasn't even believable as Bruce Wayne. Val Kilmer did a better job because he is a better actor but he got stuck with a terrible movie to work in. Bale wasn't really a huge A list actor until he did the Batman films. I agree his Batman voice was beyond absurd but that is besides the point.

I think they picked Afleck purely for the name recognition. Those Hollywood execs always think if you don't have a big name attached to your film that no one is going to go see it. So it seems like they are reverting back to the old style of making a Batman movie. Get the biggest name you can get for the role and throw a movie together around him. Cause that worked out so well for them in the past... Rolling Eyes

We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out but I don't have much faith in it being anything good.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C_nate wrote:

I think they picked Afleck purely for the name recognition.

But Affleck isn't even really a big name anymore.. Especially for Batmans target demographic.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C_nate wrote:
I think they picked Afleck purely for the name recognition. Those Hollywood execs always think if you don't have a big name attached to your film that no one is going to go see it.

Well, part of it was that Affleck's studio got bought out by Universal, so WB want to have some control over him still.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes more sense too then.

And Rain, his name has dropped off a bit in recent years but Argo caused his stock to rise quite a bit which is why I figured they grabbed him cause of the buzz surrounding him and the film.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus-Crime wrote:
His Batman voice was over the top and laughable. "WHAR IS HE? WHAR'S HARVEY DENT?"

I asked0 Chris where people are in multiplayer matches of The Last of Us, he kept acting like this Batman.
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just rewatch Argo again. I actually think he can pull batman off now... ish...
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure ben will be ok as Batman.
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure ben will be ok as Batman.
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that gif, Lien. Here's the non-Batman related news of the week. It's a lot of text, but a lot of info as well.

Another DC character to join Arrow season 2 is Sin, played by Bex Taylor-Klaus. She is described as a wayward youth befriended by Black Canary and with a connection to Roy Harper.
Also in season 2 news, an early episode will be titled 'League of Assassins'. That could open the door to a potential Ra's al Ghul appearance at some point.

20th Century Fox's Marvel Head Mark Millar has confirmed rumors that the X-Men films and the upcoming Fantastic Four will share the same universe. No mention of a cross-over at this early stage, but what happens in an X-Men film could affect what happens in Fantastic Four, and vice-versa.

Joss Weadon on how Ultron will be portrayed in The Avengers: Age of Ultron:
“I knew right away what I wanted to do with him,” Whedon says. “He’s always trying to destroy the Avengers, goddamn it, he’s got a bee in his bonnet. He’s not a happy guy, which means he’s an interesting guy. He’s got pain. And the way that manifests is not going to be standard robot stuff. So we’ll take away some of those powers because at some point everybody becomes magic, and I already have someone [a new character, Scarlet Witch] who’s a witch.” Whedon adds that he has to be careful “to ground [the character] while still evoking that guy.” And like a certain giant green Avenger hero, it sounds like large doses of rage will be key to his personality. “As a character I love [Ultron],” Whedon says, “because he’s so pissed off.”

In a recent interview, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige had lots to say about Guardians of the Galaxy.
On the characters from Guardians:
"They are an unlikely band. It's pure circumstance that brings them all together throughout the course of the movie. Rocket Raccoon has been genetically and mechanically altered, he's an experiment from one part of the galaxy. Groot is a species that happens to look like trees look, and is quite communicative if you can understand the different inflections in the way he says, "I am Groot." Peter Quill left Earth in the mid'80s, but when we meet back up with him he's very much a citizen of the universe. Drax has one goal and one goal only, which is to kill Ronan because of a past tragedy. When we meet Gamora, she's a bad guy working with Ronan and Nebula and Korath, and by extension for Thanos. Gamora doesn't necessarily like doing that anymore, and tries to find a new path for herself. But she has a reputation as the deadliest woman in the galaxy that people aren't greeting her with open arms."

When asked if Guardians will fit in the same timeframe as the other Phase Two films:
"The general answer is yes. It's not exactly revealed what year or month it is in relation to the other Phase Two films. But yes, it's the same time."

On how connected Guardians will be to the other Phase Two films:
"Certainly more than the others. We've already said that Thanos plays a part in it and is a character in it. That in and of itself should tell you it's connected to the other worlds."

On the main villain of the film:
"Ronan The Accuser is very much the main bad guy. And Thanos is lurking above it all. You will learn more about Thanos in Guardians, for sure. Certainly you'll get more than the one turn around and smirk. You'll get much more than that!"

Here's your first look at Michael Rooker as Yondu:

Next on Thorested Development.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Bryan Cranston signed on to portray Lex Luthor.
http://www.inquisitr.com/920284/bryan-cranston-lex-luthor-man-of-steel-2/

So, you know, that's fucking amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cranston is incredible. Neat choice.

More casting rumors!:

-The Hollywood Reporter is saying Elizabeth Olsen is in talks to play Scarlet Witch. She's one of my favorite actresses right now. I'm always trying to get Urban to put her in his movies...

-They're also reporting Bradley Cooper is the latest actor in talks to voice Rocket Racoon. Meh, sure.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he doesn't play a meddling land tycoon.

Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't report about Cranston, Olsen or Cooper because they were still unconfirmed or speculation. I'm all for Cranston as Luthor if it happens. Cooper as Rocket though? I don't know. I'd have to hear his voice delivering with CGI Rocket to see.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Also, Bryan Cranston signed on to portray Lex Luthor.
http://www.inquisitr.com/920284/bryan-cranston-lex-luthor-man-of-steel-2/

So, you know, that's fucking amazing.

I approve of this.
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked into the Cranston casting, and the original source was the notoriously unreliable Cosmic Book News. The same article also said that Mark Strong may return as Sinestro and that Matt Damon was being considered for either Aquaman or Martian Manhunter. I'd love to see Cranston as Luthor, but until we hear something from Cranston, Zack Snyder or Warner Bros, I'd take that news with a crack rock sized grain of salt.
Wes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
Wes wrote:
intoTheRain wrote:
Have you seen Magic Mike?

That's like asking if you enjoy men's balls in your face. Do you enjoy balls in your face?

I miss being insecure.

It was a joke, geez don't be so insecure.

And I think Jon Hamm would have made a better Batman

danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think his voice is pitched too high. That's the same problem I have with Affleck. I understand that they're probably going to digitally alter the voice when he's in the cape and cowl, but even speaking normally the actor should have a deeper voice.

I don't care who plays the role on screen so long as it's Kevin Conroy doing the voice, I guess.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/wwe-2k15-ps4-xone
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know who Channing Tatum should play?

Aquaman.
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
You know who Channing Tatum should play?

Aquaman.

And Longo isn't actually making fun of the actor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 60 of 93
Jump to: