More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

LATEST FEATURES An Updating List of PlayStation 4 Updates We Want
Sony and Microsoft have been updating their consoles regularly, but we wanted to share our own ideas for updating the PS4 firmware.

An Updating List of Xbox One Updates We Want
Microsoft has launched Xbox One and done its best to follow Sony's lead and its even secured some exclusive software, but we want more.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Comic Movie News: Comic Con news / wall of text edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 87, 88, 89  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 2 of Arrow started strong and hasn't let up. Also, notice in the background how they keep mentioning the 'dangerous' particle accelerator? I'm betting at some point, Barry Allen's going to end up there with that super-serum stuff.

A couple of updates ago, I told how director of Thor: The Dark World, Alan Taylor pretty much shit on the James Gunn directed portion of the film. Taylor has since apologized for his comments, saying he has nothing but respect for Gunn. Gunn himself had this to say: "Alan has apologized profusely both personally to me and to the press. He's a good guy."

More info on the Marvel Netflix shows in the works: It's looking like the writer and executive producer of the Jessica Jones series will be Melissa Rosenberg. Rosenberg is best known for adapting the Twilight books for the big screen, but she's also done script work for several television shows, including Dexter. A couple of years ago, there had been plans for a show based on Jessica Jones for ABC and Rosenberg was attached then as well, so she's already familiar with the character.

The Daredevil show looks to be getting a scriptwriter in Drew Goddard, friend to Joss Whedon and J.J. Abrams. Goddard was the director of Cabin in the Woods, and also worked on the scripts for World War Z and Cloverfield. His television work includes Lost, Alias, Angel, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Goddard is a self professed Daredevil fan and told the following to Collider: “You’re talking to a guy who had quotes from Daredevil painted on his wall while growing up. Even when I was 18, I still had the blood red door with the, ‘I have shown him that a man without hope is a man without fear.’ That was what I loved and so it’s the sort of thing that if we can find the right project, I would love to do it.”

Josh Trank's The Fantastic Four is being moved from its previous March 6, 2015 release to a June 19th release. It's being done to capitalize on summer box office, rather than production.
Moving into that vacated March date is Matthew Vaughn's The Secret Service from a previous November 2014 date.

A recent tweet from Daniel Alter, a producer at Warner Bros. He wasn't a producer on Man of Steel or the upcoming sequel, so not sure if he knows what he's talking about, or just repeating internet rumor.

A week after Aaron Taylor-Johnson closed the deal to play Quicksilver in The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Elizabeth Olsen confirmed that she will be Scarlet Witch. She and Taylor-Johnson are also co-staring in the upcoming Godzilla film.
"We get to play husband and wife, and we get to play twin brother and sister," she said. "It's also fun because even though in 'Godzilla' we play husband and wife, we don't have a lot of scenes together. I just love him. I love his family. I love his kids. I'm so excited...to actually work with each other. I think it's going to be fun."

I'm going to consider this next part as the humor section, as I 'm sure that's what this story is.
New York's Mid Town Comics received an odd poster in the mail a few days ago from Warner Bros.

Most likely it's a type of viral marketing for another project; some people believe it to be for the Entourage movie.

Best (and simultaneously worst) Iron Man costume:

And I'll end with the Honest Trailer for Man of Steel.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're gonna be in Godzilla too? Oh...
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The character of Barry Allen will be introduced over the next two episodes of Arrow. Rather than introduce a fully-costumed Flash in episode 20 of Arrow as was previously planned, producers will instead create a stand-alone pilot for the character. The new show, if picked up for a series, will still take place in the same universe as Arrow.
Also for Arrow, actress Katrina Law (Spartacus: War of the Damned) will show up next year as Nyssa al Ghul.
Later in the season, Oliver gives up the green eye paint for a domino mask.

In last week's episode a character at the end was called Cyrus. As in Cyrus Gold. If you're unfamiliar with that name, google it to find out who he's more commonly know as...

Stan Lee is teaming with Avi Arad (involved in most Marvel films, shows and cartoons over the past two decades) to develop a film based on brand new character created by Lee. Color me intrigued.

Apparently not just content with The Walking Dead, AMC looks like it may be ordering a pilot based on the DC/Vertigo comic Preacher. Of all people, who may be involved? Seth Rogen. He tweets: "Looks like about seven of years of hard work are about to pay off. I may get to bring one of my favourite stories ever to life.""Arseface. John Wayne, The Saint of Killers."

Ben Affleck and Matt Damon will serve as producers on the movie adaption of Wildstorm and DC Comics' Sleeper. The story is set in a "noir universe where a few people are spontaneously developing superpowers. It follows Holden Carver, a man who can absorb pain and pass it on to others, as he infiltrates a criminal organization on behalf of a law enforcement agency. His allegiances come into question, especially when he falls for the alluring killer, Miss Misery." No director is attached yet.

Screenwriter David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight) is said to be developing a movie based on Neil Gaiman's Sandman with support from comics writer Geoff Johns. More details as they develop.

Chris Cooper had this to say about Norman Osborn in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. "'Spider-Man 2′ was an introduction to Norman, and, you'll see, an extremely odd introduction, which apparently will lead to something more."
That, along with a sneak peek of the following poster, really makes me feel that the third or fourth films will involve some version of the Sinister Six.

I had figured Rhino might have been a cross-species in this film, but judging by that poster, it looks to be a robotic suit, perhaps inspired by the new Rhino that popped up in the comics a few years ago. And who's that up in the sky in the background...
The trailer for the movie drops next week on December 5th.

Some costume designs that were considered for the last film were recently revealed. They look cool in their own ways, but I'm glad they went the way they did. These all reflect a Spider-Man who can maybe afford more elaborate costumes than a rookie high school superhero could. Definitely feels like they were reading some 2099 when they came up with these though.

Sony Pictures Entertainment Co-Chairman Amy Pascal teased the studio's plans to make ample use of their stable of Spidey characters, saying: “We are going to access Marvel’s full world of Spider-Man characters, so be on the lookout for new heroes and villains."
Sony Pictures Entertainment chief Michael Lynton elaborated a bit: “We do very much have the ambition about creating a bigger universe around Spider-Man. There are a number of scripts in the works” involving characters and villains in the series. He didn’t offer details, except that Sony is “working closely with Marvel and Disney.” My money's on a Venom film.

While the Man of Steel sequel (for now commonly referred to as Batman vs Superman) still doesn't have an official title, Warner Brothers recently registered several domain names. Might one of these be an official title for the film?
“Man of Steel Battle the Knight”, “Man of Steel Beyond Darkness”, “Man of Steel Black of Knight”, “Man of Steel Darkness Falls”, “Man of Steel Knight Falls”, “Man of Steel Shadow of the Night”, “Man of Steel The Blackest Hour”, and “Man of Steel The Darkness Within”.
I'm not really crazy about any of them. I say just call it Man of Steel: World's Finest.

Christian Bale's only advice to Ben Affleck on being the new Batman: "The only thing I said to him is just make sure he can take a piss without anyone having to help him. Because it's a little bit humiliating, at least what I went through, when you have to have someone help you out of the costume. That was my main piece of advice for him."

While I've reported before on the previously unofficial casting for The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel themselves have now officially announced Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.
Olsen on where she's at with the film:
"I hung out with Mr. Whedon recently. I'm really excited about this movie. I'm so excited about Scarlet Witch. I have had so much fun reading all about her and I am like learning new words that I had to look up on Wikipedia. I'm really enjoying it."
On what excites her the most about being in the film:
"I just love Scarlet Witch. I love her. It's so funny because I'm often talking about all these psychologically damaged people, but when you talk about Scarlet Witch... She is a messed up lady. She has got more shit to deal with than anybody else I know. I'm excited to figure out what's appropriate to use for her, because there's so much material from all of these decades, and we're going to tell this one story. So to be able to choose what you're going to bring into it from all of this abundance, it's really fun"

In closing, I'll leave you with who was really on the grassy knoll the day Kennedy was assassinated.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's too many twists happening in Arrow now that's making it either good or bad. I thought Count Vertigo was overdosed and completely brain dead from what occurred last season.
bananable

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:
And who's that up in the sky in the background...

edit: lol

also, here's the trailer cam rip in awesome russian. rocky training montage.mp3, because russian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5u2DAO_iIw
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't look like Chris Cooper's face. In fact, it looks like it may be Andrew Garfield's face, probably as a placeholder image.

Here's the full hi-res banner, and yes, I'm aware it's a page stretcher.

One thing I didn't notice before about the Rhino armor is that it appears to be a quadruped. I bet it can alternate from all fours to bipedal. The Russian clip up there doesn't work anymore, but the proper trailer drops in a couple days.
used44

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it sorta looks like Dane Dehaan. Obviously not Cooper. Go Harry, I guess.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks cool for sure.

I don't know. I was not a fan of the first Garfield movie at all, so i'm hoping they do a good job in this one to win me back.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well they're obviously for kids so what do you expect. Moreso than the Marvel movies, even.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, with Spider's fans in Asia the movies have to be much less intense when compared to Marvel/Disney.

I'm glad to hear that they're working with Disney because it's in Marvel's best interest to get all their characters together, even if someone gets a cut for how often their character and actor is speaking on screen. I'm sure if Mickey Mouse was like "yo, PlayStation, Avengers 3 needs Spider-Man, we'll give you 50% of the gross for the percentage of screen time this twerp Garfield gets in the flick."

I assume after Sony accepts, Mickey Mouse will turn to one of his lawyers and says "which is only gonna be like 10 minutes because the other three hours are gonna be all about Shehulk's ass," before puffing a cigar.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gal Gadot (Fast and the Furious franchise) has been cast as Wonder Woman in the Man of Steel sequel

Zach Snyder had this to say:
“Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.”

used44

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can just call this the Justice League movie now, right?
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically.

Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think it's a little too soon to suddenly throw a bunch of heroes into the next Man of Steel movie. It's like they're trying to be like the Avengers but uh, quicker.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_Craig wrote:
It's like they're trying to be like the Avengers but uh, quicker.

I don't think you're to far from the truth in that regard, Craig. Warner Bros sees what Marvel has accomplished over the past several years and wants a piece of that pie. That being said, I'm willing to bet that Batman's and Wonder Woman's presence in the film will be in support roles, although I'm sure Batman will have the larger presence as the grizzled old hero mistrustful of the new superpowered alien in town.

Look at it this way: having Batman and Diana introduced in this film means that when they do get their own movies, they'll already be established without having to do an obligatory origin film. In those films, other JLA members will likely be introduced to set up the inevitable Justice League film I'm sure we'll get in a few years.

Also, I'm intrigued enough that I'll buy a ticket and have my butt in a seat opening day. And that's really the bottom line of any movie.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked how they introduced The Flash in Arrow, but man does that ending of last night's episode make me want more of it.
Up for group

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't watch it yet, but I'll catch it tonight.

Here's the first trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Looks cool to me. The Rhino suit looks badass. Still not sure about Goblin's look though.

This looks like a Vulture harness and Doc Ock appendages. I'd definitely say a Sinister Six tease.

Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just worried about the curse of too many villains. It does look pretty cool though.

Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same concern Bret, but I'm hoping a lesson has been learned from history. At least these three villains have a common tie in Oscorp.

If the pic of the Vulture harness and Ock appendages wasn't enough foreshadowing, there's also these 'sinister' looking doors.

WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of the new Harry Osborn. Not like James Franco was any better but at least he looked the part. This Osborn doesn't look like a spoiled rich kid, just emo-ish.

Effects look amazing though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 68 of 89
Jump to: