More Reviews
REVIEWS Hyrule Warriors Review
Link, Zelda, Impa, and more Hyrule heroes hit the battlefield in this Dynasty Warriors spin-off. Can it stand up to the brand’s history?

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super He Review
Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes adds light RPG mechanics, builds on action, and uses Toy Box Mode to teach players.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Halo: The Master Chief Collectio Preview
Microsoft and 343 Industries want to bring the entire Halo saga to Xbox One and this collection does exactly that with new graphics for Halo 2.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES NIntendo Download September 2014 - Updating Each Week
OK, so I didn't update before PAX and I may have missed one before that. Let's try this again!

Xbox Download September 2014 - Updating Each Week
Minecraft launches on Microsoft's next-generation console and buy a console, choose a free game.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
A Letter to the Big “N"
By shandog137
Posted on 09/12/14
I have and will continue to have a place in my heart for Nintendo. In fact, my first console was a Super Nintendo. The video game market has changed drastically since the early '90s and it seems like what once was platinum is more so along the lines of silver now. Nintendo has always been...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Comic Movie News: The Merc with a movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:
While it's known that Dwayne Johnson will be working with DC, it's still not revealed who he will play. He did drop some hints in a recent interview however:
“The first quality we were looking for was that he had to be extremely complex and have a lot going on. What that does for me as an actor and the studio is it gives us space that we can explore; his complexities. The other quality was that he had to – the character we were looking for had to be well-known but never brought to life. Then what that does again as an actor, it gives me a little bit of space, and we talked about personality. It just gives me a chance to put an imprint into his personality, with the set of tools that I could bring to the table and put a very unique twist on his personality, but still pay homage to who he is. The third thing – and most important – is he had to be a badass motherfucker, OK, and on a Superman level of power, where [he] could throw down. In those three qualities, I’m happy we’ve found that character.”

So #1, an extremely complex character. #2, well known, but never brought to life. #3, a badass with a Superman level of power.
My own personal choice would be Black Adam. My speculation is either him or Darkseid.

Earlier this week he had a tweet saying "Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Black Adam are my fav superheroes, but GL's already been made and stamped."

It's going to be Black Adam.
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he does Stewart, I hope he is cranked with muscle atop muscle. If he is Adam, then he looks amazing for the part as is.

Or he could be the Marvel version of Hercules.

Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering Stewart is a Marine, it would make sense to have someone as big as Dwayne doing it.

Though I honestly hope they do Kyle Raynor just so that they have a hispanic hero on the roster. Plus, Kyle is the coolest Green Lantern.
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing a lot of military men, most of them are fit not ripped.

Also, Longo, I never knew Kyle was your favorite. I get so much shit from my friends for him being my favorite.

Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of it is his competition isn't that great, but still, he's by far the best. Only Guy comes close, simply because he's Guy Gardner.

Then again, Kyle is basically the coolest person in in all of the corps.
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a non-comic movie side note. Who is baffled by the news that WB and JKR are working on a Newt Scamander, Magical Beasts trilogy? As an owner of the book, I foresee a lot of writing having to go into making three movies. I see this as a plus in some ways, think of how hampered your enjoyment was by having your favorite parts left out of the movies and think of how much more precise the writing will have to be to build a direct to movie storyline. But I don't know, it also seems like JKR must want to buy a small moon and is looking for funding.

Your guys' take?

used44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the book successful? I thought everyone agreed it was a cash-grab and said they wouldn't buy it.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom bought it for me for Christmas and yes, it's comical that a cash grab book is being turned into a cash grab movie. It's supposed to be set in the 1920s , seventy years prior to HP.

Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already know that Ben Affleck's Batsuit in the Man of Steel sequel is to be inspired by comic artist Jim Lee's designs. But not much has been said about if Henry Cavill's Superman suit will have a new design. Well, it appears that it will & the first image of the redesign has surfaced. One aspect in the first film I kept noticing was the tuft of visible chest hair peeking up from above the collar. It looks like they're latching on to that & taking it a step further.

I like it.

Also announced for the Man of Steel sequel is the casting of Michael Cera as The Riddler. I'm cool with that casting & look forward to seeing what he brings to the table for the part.

Here's an interview with Cera explaining why he took the role & how he plans to interpret the character.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, these are probably not real, right?

If that is the case then the other news I heard is likely not real either, regarding Keith David being cast as Thanos for Guardians of the Galaxy and future sequels.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I wonder what fucking gave it away?!
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some real Riddler casting news, on Gotham, Cory Michael Smith will take on the role of Edward Nygma. He will be a guest star with an option to become a regular.
'Nygma is a brilliant young forensic scientist working for Gotham PD and a penchant for speaking in … rather cryptic language. Inquisitive, eccentric and outgoing — yet socially awkward — he wants to be liked, but he doesn’t quite know how.'

On Arrow, the character Ravager will show up soon. In the interest of spoilers, I won't reveal who will be playing her.

Cobie Smulders will reappear in an episode of Agents of SHIELD as Maria Hill. Also set to return in the season finale is Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury (Highlight for spoiler). And goddamn that last episode was amazing.

Warner Bros will be adapting the Vertigo Comics series FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics (formally Collider) into a big screen film.
"FBP imagines a world where disturbances in the laws of physics are as common as weather, and necessitate forecasts about wormhole locations, momentary gravity losses, and entropy reversals. With much fanfare, the government creates a new bureaucratic organization to deal with quantum disturbances, the Federal Bureau of Physics. The story follows special agent Adam Hardy as he deals with internal departmental battles and increasingly dangerous and radical quantum disasters."

Although the first trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has already dropped, the film is still being worked on. In a bit of late stage casting, Tony Shalhoub and Johnny Knoxville are joining on as the voice actors for Splinter and Leonardo.

With Marc Webb saying he will not return to direct The Amazing Spider-Man 4, Sony is re-thinking their future film map. #4 had already been given a release date of May 4, 2018. But with Webb's departure after #3, Sony says that date will still be for a Spider-Man film, but not necessarily an "Amazing" Spider-Man film. How or if this affects the releases of the Venom and Sinister Six films is unknown.

Quicksilver (X-Men: Days of Future Past)

Colossus vs future Sentinel

I'd reported before that there were four contenders to play Doctor Doom in Fantastic Four. Well, one of them has been chosen. The new Victor von Doom will be played by Toby Kebbell (Rocknrolla).

In a recent interview with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, he said he has a list on his wall that maps out Marvel films through 2028.

Matt Gerald (Escape Plan) will play an unspecified villain in Ant-Man. The actor has been part of the MCU already by playing White Power Dave in the Marvel One-Shot All Hail the King.

Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn talked a bit about where the film fits into the Marvel Cinematic Universe:
Gunn calls Thanos, who is only a small part of the film, "the head of the snake," confirming he's in the movie by saying that he'll be depicted in motion capture. What's curious is that Gunn also illustrates the pervading notion that this story is happening in the background of the Marvel universe by noting, "We're definitely connected to Avengers 3."

At Wizard World Comic Con in St Louis, a fan asked Nathan Fillion (who starred in James Gunn's Slither) if he was wanting to get a part in Guardians of the Galaxy. The actor replied, “Wanting to get a part…or maybe did.” He paused as the crowd went crazy then continued, “I’m just saying maybe. Maybe you’ll be surprised. Maybe. Check the credits.”
I'm sure he was just playing the crowd, but I wouldn't turn down a cameo appearance.

Here's a look at Cap's updated suit for The Avengers: Age of Ultron

I'll leave you with a goofy video of Quicksilver (DoFP version) eating a bacon and egg biscuit.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Nathan Fillion got the role of Richard Ryder (the last Nova Corps member, for the not so nerds) I would be a happy soul.
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God darn it gang... i can't do it. Seriously, i can't. It's like i want to watch the new Xmen movie but every time i see pics or video of Quicksilver i get like turned off. I just keep looking at his hair and keep thinking it's some sort of cheap wig you find in a Halloween store.

I think i'll try to avoid pics and videos of him from now on so i can watch the film hyped.
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:
Although the first trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has already dropped, the film is still being worked on. In a bit of late stage casting, Tony Shalhoub and Johnny Knoxville are joining on as the voice actors for Splinter and Leonardo.

And I'm no longer watching this movie.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about Quicksilver. My excitement has gone away fast. Hopefully he's just rushed in as a cameo and then sprints out of the movie. Otherwise I will quickly lose interest in what happens with him. How they ran that outfit past the director is beyond me. Speed.

I do like the choice for Doctor Doom, though. Rest easy, for I have given my approval.
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
If Nathan Fillion got the role of Richard Ryder (the last Nova Corps member, for the not so nerds) I would be a happy soul.

Dude! That was exactly my thought!

As for Quicksilver, as far as I've heard, he's only used for a section of the film involving breaking Magneto out of prison. I keep thinking he was only written in because Joss Weadon announced he'd be in Age of Ultron and Fox wanted their version on screen first.

EDIT:
Came across this gem this morning and had to share here.

danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon says DC should make the Wonder Woman movie even if it loses money. I kind of agree. They certainly shouldn't bother with Justice League until it's made given that Hulk was rebooted for Avengers alone.

http://geekdad.com/2014/04/anthony-mackie-falcon-captain-america-winter-soldier/
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree entirely. I don't know how they'd do a Wonder Woman movie, but they should definitely try.

Just keep Zack Snyder away from it. I don't want it to be 300, but with Wonder Woman.
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's already made, it was called 300: rise of an empire.

And i thought i'd recall you, Longo, once said in the past posts here that no one cares about wonder-woman. Glad to see i was wrong or that ya changed stance on the matter.
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 78 of 91
Jump to: