More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

LATEST FEATURES An Updating List of PlayStation 4 Updates We Want
Sony and Microsoft have been updating their consoles regularly, but we wanted to share our own ideas for updating the PS4 firmware.

An Updating List of Xbox One Updates We Want
Microsoft has launched Xbox One and done its best to follow Sony's lead and its even secured some exclusive software, but we want more.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Comic Movie News: Comic Con news / wall of text edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 87, 88, 89  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justice League is being directed by Zack Snyder. That is also upsetting.
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small update this week.

Syfy has three shows it wants to put into production based on comics. The first would based on the currently ongoing comic Letter 44, about a secret investigation of an alien construction project in the asteroid belt. The second would be based on Frank Miller’s Ronin. The third will be based on Pax Romana, which explores what happens when the Roman Catholic Church gets ahold of time travel technology and tries to reshape the history of Rome in the church’s ideal image. Ronin and Pax Romana will likely be done as miniseries.

Tim Blake Nelson is joining Fantastic Four for the role of Harvey Elder. In the comics, Elder was the Mole Man, but I’m betting they may just set up the character for the inevitable sequel. I’m guessing this means he may not reprise his role of Samuel Sterns/The Leader in the MCU.

Big Hero 6, the first Disney animated film using Marvel characters, has added Maya Rudolph, TJ Miller and Jamie Chung to its voice cast so far.

With Hulk said be having a bigger role in The Avengers: Age of Ultron than the last film, Mark Ruffalo says he has been working with mo-cap master Andy Serkis to help perfect the character.

I’ll leave you with a cool little short based on Batman Beyond, and also show how Thor commands other weapons than just Mjolnir…

Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do the same too if i see a half naked short shorts wearing muscular green man running my way.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I love Batman Beyond. One day I hope they make a movie based on it. A good one.
In Limbo

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staring Joeseph Gordon Levitt and directed by Christopher Nolan?
used44

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping those SyFy projects as miniseries would be ideal. More US Tv needs to knock off the long seasons of mostly filler.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you all already saw Gothan's trailer yester, but here it is again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI
Up for group

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now's the first time I've actually seen this. It definitely has my attention.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gotham show looks pretty awesome.

My only gripe about it is how the young Selina Kyle seems to be a teenager, when Bruce is just a child. Aren't they around the same age or something?

Or am I just being a nitpicky idiot who should just sit down and watch the show? Razz

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Gunner37
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_Craig wrote:
The Gotham show looks pretty awesome.

My only gripe about it is how the young Selina Kyle seems to be a teenager, when Bruce is just a child. Aren't they around the same age or something?

Or am I just being a nitpicky idiot who should just sit down and watch the show? Razz

Obviously its because girls mature faster than boys...
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Seems legit.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
C_nate

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a pretty interesting article on cracked last week relating to marvel movies and it had some interesting theories on some things like why the Avengers didn't show up to help Thor at the end of Thor 2 or why you'll probably never see a Deadpool movie.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-awesome-marvel-movie-scenes-youll-never-see-and-why/
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ The article makes a hell load of good points. Sadly at the end of the day, it's all about money.

Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another small update. I think the studios are holding most of their cards close to their vests until Comic Con.

ABC has officially picked up Agent Carter for a series order and NBC has done the same with Constantine. Check out this damn cool trailer for Constantine. Looks way better than the movie was.

Here's some concept art of what they had in mind for Rhino in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 before they went with the human tank design.

Look here to see more concept art from the film.

Here's a little featurette on Quicksilver from X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Veteran actor Reg E. Cathey (The Wire, House of Cards), has joined the cast of The Fantastic Four as Dr Franklin Storm, father of Johnny and Sue.

Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rhino suit there looks a little more faithful how it's more of a "suit", but I kinda like the giant walking tank seen in the Amazing Spider-Man 2. It's such a shame it was a small cameo though.

Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what ended up in the film too. I'm sure we'll see more of Rhino in the Sinister Six film.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a white guy that grew up in a mixed race family, i am very pleased that they decided to have the storm family be Bi-racial. I had enough of films only showing a black family on one side and a white one on the other... That's not how real life works, Hollywood.

Seriously, people kept asking me if my brother was adopted almost every week in school... like what the heck! We got the same mother!
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a glimpse of the new Batmobile for the Man of Steel sequel. Zack Snyder says he'll pull the tarp and show us the rest perhaps as soon as tomorrow. From what I can see, it looks like it may be a cross between Nolan's Bat-tank and the 1989 Tim Burton car.

Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some nice tires.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Paradox" NBC has done the same with Constantine. Check out this damn cool trailer for Constantine. Looks way better than the movie was.

[/quote]

With any luck this will be in the 9pm time slot and help as a lead into Hannibal at 10 so it gets the viewers it deserves and NBC decides to keep it for a 4th season. And yes, it does look all sorts of awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 80 of 89
Jump to: