More Reviews
REVIEWS Boo Bunny Plague Review
If you think you can enjoy the definition of budget game design, this one might make you laugh.

Minimum Review
With so many shooters crowding the marketplace, it’s refreshing to see Minimum take the low-fi route through Steam Early Access.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Halo: The Master Chief Collectio Preview
Microsoft and 343 Industries want to bring the entire Halo saga to Xbox One and this collection does exactly that with new graphics for Halo 2.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14


LATEST FEATURES Share the Fantasy in 3DS's Final Fantasy Explorers [TGS Hands-On]
Everybody's gonna wanna ride your chocobo.

PS4's Until Dawn Scared Me Out of My Headphones - TGS Hands-On, Headset-Off Preview
Hopefully it doesn't keep me awake... for the whole night!
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
A Letter to the Big “N"
By shandog137
Posted on 09/12/14
I have and will continue to have a place in my heart for Nintendo. In fact, my first console was a Super Nintendo. The video game market has changed drastically since the early '90s and it seems like what once was platinum is more so along the lines of silver now. Nintendo has always been...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Comic Movie News: The Merc with a movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15946

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a big fan of Guardians of the Galaxy, I am at maximum hype right now. My only fear is that they put in too much crap. But I doubt that will happen.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
WickedLiquid
In Limbo


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 6751

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first trailer was awesome since many people (including myself) don't know anything about the this comic. The trailer works as a great introduction.

This second trailer has got me even more hooked, can't wait.
_________________
Lethean wrote:
I'm just going to ban everyone for 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 1658

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to see Guardians of the Galaxy. That second trailer looks so cool.
_________________
Check out GameRevolution's weekly web comic "GR Strips" - http://www.gamerevolution.com/comics/

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16069

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has that fun factor that reminds me of the original Star Wars trilogy.
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 9828

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the music direction and that he has cassettes.
_________________
Star-Lord wrote:
I look around and do you know what I see? Losers.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15946

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:

This second trailer has got me even more hooked.

On a feeling?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20808

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having that debate with myself over watching this or not. I already know i'm going to see the movie, so why overexpose myself with trailers and hype?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Optimus-Crime
bananable


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 1074

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already know you're going to see it, so what's it gonna hurt?
You gotta learn how to fit in, Used. Nobody likes a rabble rowser.


Meanwhile, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is looking good.
_________________
©
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 9828

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That I'm in love with you?
_________________
Star-Lord wrote:
I look around and do you know what I see? Losers.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20808

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus-Crime wrote:
You already know you're going to see it, so what's it gonna hurt?
You gotta learn how to fit in, Used. Nobody likes a rabble rowser.


Meanwhile, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is looking good.


I shouldn't have mentioned hype. It's not that. It's more like saving the big moments and jokes for the movie and not spoiling any of them by watching another trailer.

Same thing with video game preview coverage these days. I guarantee we'll all know 75% of the villains that are in Arkham Knight well before the game is released, for example.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15946

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's one thing about Amazing Spider-Man 2 that really bugged me. Like 75% of the movie was already shown in the trailers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16069

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus-Crime wrote:

Meanwhile, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is looking good.


I rewatched Rise of the Planet of The Apes last month to refresh my memory before Dawn comes out. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm surprised there hasn't been much buzz surrounding it.
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around


Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 7009

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:
I think the first trailer was awesome since many people (including myself) don't know anything about the this comic. The trailer works as a great introduction.

This second trailer has got me even more hooked, can't wait.

Same. I'll just come back here and read everything Paradox and Longo will say about it. That way, if a conversation like this film comes into topic with my friends, I'll talk about and be cool.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paradox
Up for group


Joined: 19 Mar 2002
Posts: 5651

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
I'll just come back here and read everything Paradox and Longo will say about it. That way, if a conversation like this film comes into topic with my friends, I'll talk about and be cool.


I read that one of the secret Guardians, Dire Horn the dark Unicorn, is supposed to show up. Can't wait!
_________________
We are Groot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16069

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man of Steel 2 title revealed as well as new cast members.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/21/man-of-steel-sequel-titled-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice

Quote:
Warner Bros. has announced the official title of the Man of Steel sequel. The film will be called Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Principal photography began today on the highly anticipated movie, which Man of Steel’s Zack Snyder is directing. Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck star as Clark Kent/Superman and Bruce Wayne/Batman, respectively. According to a studio press release, Gal Gadot also stars as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, while Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, and Diane Lane return from Man of Steel. Warners also confirms that Jesse Eisenberg will play Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons is Alfred, and Holly Hunter is taking up “a role newly created for the film.”


I don't know why but the more I hear about this film the more I worry. I shouldn't. 300 was great, Watchmen was great, Man of Steel wasn't great but it sure was entertaining I just feel we could have done with one more solo Superman film before setting up the Justice League or having him be part of a collaborative effort. (I'm expecting Longo to disagree Razz)
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy


Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Posts: 11581

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are rushing it.

They need to slow down and do more establishing movies I feel, although the TV shows are doing it for them, and much better than the movies themselves.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15946

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
I don't know why but the more I hear about this film the more I worry. I shouldn't. 300 was great, Watchmen was great, Man of Steel wasn't great but it sure was entertaining I just feel we could have done with one more solo Superman film before setting up the Justice League or having him be part of a collaborative effort. (I'm expecting Longo to disagree Razz)

Why would I disagree with that? I agree completely.

Superman has had little time to shine as Superman, and they're already trying to throw together a Justice League event. The difference is that Marvel has been doing two movies a year for the last four years in order to prepare for Avengers. DC is doing one movie every three years and trying to replicate the results.

This whole movie has been a series of questionable decisions.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16069

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Lethean wrote:
I don't know why but the more I hear about this film the more I worry. I shouldn't. 300 was great, Watchmen was great, Man of Steel wasn't great but it sure was entertaining I just feel we could have done with one more solo Superman film before setting up the Justice League or having him be part of a collaborative effort. (I'm expecting Longo to disagree Razz)

Why would I disagree with that? I agree completely.

Superman has had little time to shine as Superman, and they're already trying to throw together a Justice League event. The difference is that Marvel has been doing two movies a year for the last four years in order to prepare for Avengers. DC is doing one movie every three years and trying to replicate the results.

This whole movie has been a series of questionable decisions.


Yeah I was even fine with Batman Vs. Superman thinking it would end with an allegiance that would lend itself to the inevitable Justice League film after a couple of solo efforts from Wonder Woman and Aquaman or something. Now I hear they have Wonder Woman in the new Superman film as well? In what capacity remains to be seen. It could be a small appearance but still, a little alarming.
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3717

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought on the title? "What is this, a court case?"
_________________
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8223820288/h62506323/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5mRvkAePU
De-Ting wrote:
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 9828

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally.

Wait, what?
_________________
Star-Lord wrote:
I look around and do you know what I see? Losers.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 83 of 91
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum