More Reviews
REVIEWS ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red Review
"Unlimited World Red"? More like "Sorta Limited Town and Extended Areas... Red. And Blue. And Some Yellow."

Magic 2015: Duels of the Planesw Review
Flirting with disaster year after year, Duels of the Planewalkers has unfortunately overplayed its hand.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Hand of Fate Preview
Dungeons & Dragons mixed with the Batman: Arkham series... wait, what?!
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

Hohokum
Release date: 08/12/14

Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: 08/19/14

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: 08/19/14

LATEST FEATURES Women in the World of Villainy: Achieving the 50/50 Split
We're getting more women in our video games narratives, but why do men still make up the majority of enemies?

The Four Remaining Halo 2 Multiplayer Maps That Deserve a Remake
The Master Chief Collection is getting a total of six remade multiplayer maps from Halo 2 and we know two of them already.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Comic Movie News: I can't see!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 85, 86, 87  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda want to see the new TMNT 'cuz it does look kinda cool.

However, it's a Michael Bay movie which is what I fear... plus as I said, Shredder looks like a giant Gundam Iron Chef.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
used44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
Please don't make me see TMNT, GR peer pressure squad.

Haha. Honestly laughed out loud at that. GR Peer Pressure Squad is real.

Definitely not seeing this though.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you want to. I'll even send you the first 30 minutes for free. But then it'll cost ya.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw the first trailer, I thought it possibly had potential. And then the second trailer was the exact same thing. And this trailer happened and showed just dumb action.

It's a movie for kids. What do you expect?
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
When I saw the first trailer, I thought it possibly had potential. And then the second trailer was the exact same thing. And this trailer happened and showed just dumb action.

A TMNT movie for adults?
used44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:

That's what I'm feeling more and more about these movies. TMNT, Amazing Spider-man 2, etc are just not made for me.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are lame. movie looks awesome.

have some fun. sheesh.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Spider-man 2.

Just finished season 3 of Sherlock. Easily my favorite show but the hour and a half episodes play like movies.

Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started off being really negative on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but the more I heard about it, the more I warmed up to it. This new trailer looks amazing. Don't know if I'll go to the theater for it yet, but I'm still excited to see it.

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Also, Knowhere looks rad.

Ah, so the giant floating space head is Knowhere. I've only read a couple of Guardians books and some stuff online, in those Knowhere just looked like a space station of the non-head variety.

On to this week's report.

Gotham director Danny Cannon says the inspiration for Gotham City's appearance in the new show is if New York City had continued to deteriorate after the 1970's. Cannon says he's also try to win over DC bigwig Geoff Johns with a pitch he has for an origin story for Mr Freeze.

Elden Henson (Jobs, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay), is joining the Netflix Daredevil series as Matt Murdock's legal partner Foggy Nelson.

Scoot McNairy (Argo, 12 Years A Slave) is joining the cast of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in an unspecified role.

There's been some speculation about how Wonder Woman will appear in the film costume-wise. According to sources who say they've seen the costume designs, her appearance is ripped right from the comics and has a “traditional, yet sleeker” costume that’s “battle ready.” She’ll have a blue leather skirt, silver-armored cuffs that reach to her elbows, golden tiara (with a design of some sort in the center, possibly the red star) and a variation of the traditional-looking red top (no word on additional armor on it). Her overall appearance is described as “Amazon warrior princess”. She's said to have a sword, shield, spear, and the golden lasso and it's also noted she'll wear the shield on her back Captain America-style when not in use.

Whenever casting for a comic book movie comes up, Nathan Fillion is usually at the top of the fan's wishlist for whatever it may be. Well, he will finally get a part in one. Director James Gunn says Fillion will have a "very small fun" cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy. The obvious guess would be as Richard Rider's Nova (which Gunn refutes), but some sources are saying (and I concur) that rather than play a part, he'll lend his voice to Cosmo, the telepathic dog and security chief of Knowhere.

I think it would also be funny if Fillion just appeared as Mal Reynolds in the film.

I'll leave you guys with this storyboard scene from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice...

...and Star Wars done Guardians of the Galaxy style.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know how I feel about the casting choice for Aquaman. On one hand, people apparently like him in Game of Thrones. On the other hand, I don't know if he's Boston enough to play Aquaman and they just chose him to try and make Aquaman seem more "badass". So we'll see.
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just something nostalgic people might like. This was announced yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTGAXBeYDcM
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesooooooooome.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:

have some fun. sheesh.

Yes we are lame and do not have fun because we think that one movie looks lame.I did have interest in it until Megan Fox was cast. And I saw a trailer. The turtles don't seem very likable for centra characters. I'll probably go see it though because it's TMNT.

As far as an adult TMNT goes the original from 1990 was kind of a dark film and to this day I still enjoy it.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Amell's cousin is casted as Firestorm for The Flash TV series.
https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.510703882348217.1073741826.146921975393078/679912172094053/?type=1
Up for group

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh beat me to it, so I'll just insert this from the update I'm working on:

Awhile back, I speculated that with Caitlin Snow (pre Killer Frost) being on The Flash, Firestorm may show up at some point. Well, Robbie Amell (cousin to Arrow star Stephen Amell) will be joining the show as Ronnie Raymond, a maintenance worker at S.T.A.R. Labs and Snow’s fiancé. Raymond will play an 'integral part' in the particle accelerator accident that transforms Barry Allen into The Flash. In the comics, Raymond is fused with a physicist during a nuclear accident to become the hero Firestorm.

Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small update this weekend. Big news will be coming with Comic Con though.

Building off what was posted about casting for The Flash, over on the Arrow side of things, Brandon Routh, who previously played the titular character in Superman Returns, will be joining Arrow to portray Ray Palmer, the man who will become The Atom.

Also for Arrow, Devon Aoki (Sin City, 2 Fast 2 Furious) will have a recurring role as martial arts expert Katana.

Filming is underway in New York for the Daredevil Netflix series. Here's a short video taken while the crew was shooting a pivotal scene: I can't see!

Part of John Constantine's image is his smoking habit, but for the new show, NBC says no smoking allowed. Director Neil Marshal says they are disappointed in the decision but will still try to work around it and get aspects of it in the show where they can. So Hannibal can do his thing on NBC, but Thor forbid someone lights up a smoke.

Here's a promo image of Henry Cavill as Superman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice with a new hairstyle, slightly redesigned suit and appearing to be standing on a Gotham rooftop.

Anna Paquin filmed a few scenes for X-Men: Days of Future Past, but the bulk of them were left on the cutting room floor. Producer Lauren Shuler Donner says that the home release later this year will have a directors cut with Rogue's scenes restored.

Bryan Singer posted a sneak peek via Instagram of the script treatment for X-Men: Apocalypse.

Here's a couple of good looks at Michael Rooker as Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy.

intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
intoTheRain wrote:

have some fun. sheesh.

Yes we are lame and do not have fun because we think that one movie looks lame.I did have interest in it until Megan Fox was cast. And I saw a trailer. The turtles don't seem very likable for centra characters. I'll probably go see it though because it's TMNT.

As far as an adult TMNT goes the original from 1990 was kind of a dark film and to this day I still enjoy it.

from here on out please note 98.7% of what i say on this forum, or anywhere else on the internet, is not to be taken to heart.

pretty much all the people that said they weren't too happy with the new TMNT, are my favorite posters on the forum. no butt hurt was intended.

you're like the emotional version of Chris_Crime. you get upset over every single thing I post, and Chris goes into a psychotic rant over every single thing I post. sorry, honestly isn't my intention.

I can totally understand why one might be a little concerned about the new TMNT.

Michael Bay
Ninja Turtles look completely CGI
Megan Fox
Dubstep
Giant shredder

etc. etc.

I just don't care. If I don't go in expecting to be blown away, I can almost guarantee it will be a lot of fun. A bad TMNT movie is not going to ruin my childhood memories of TMNT.

Last edited by intoTheRain on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
used44

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. Sean Gunn looks just as awesome as Rooker. I love when directors reuse their same guys in character roles.

The no-smoking-mandate is one of those dumb things about network tv that jumps out and reminds you how outdated their business models are. People do smoke in real life, shitheads.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp... if the executive were against Constantine smoking, i am guessing they are against him being Bi? Sigh...

Inb4 lore nerds pop their head in and say "Constantine being Bi wasn't canon!"
C_nate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
Haha. Sean Gunn looks just as awesome as Rooker. I love when directors reuse their same guys in character roles.

The no-smoking-mandate is one of those dumb things about network tv that jumps out and reminds you how outdated their business models are. People do smoke in real life, shitheads.

Hollywood has been doing the same thing. Good Guys smoking is generally frowned upon now. Mass murder? Fine. Smoking? No.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 86 of 87
Jump to: