More Reviews
REVIEWS Loadout Review
What do you really expect of a shooter these days? Loadout probably already has it somewhere in gobs of gameplay, but you won’t hear me saying it’s worth your time.

Dokuro (PC) Review
Dokuro makes the jump from handheld to PC, but does it help or hinder this unusual platformer?
More Previews
PREVIEWS Magicka 2 Preview
How does that sing-along song go? "Magicka 2, Magicka 2, for the Playstation 4, and the PC, too..."
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 5
Release date: 12/31/14

Motorcycle Club
Release date: 01/01/15

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
Release date: 01/14/15

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
Release date: 01/20/15

LATEST FEATURES Yakuza 5: Good Game With a Few Pacing Problems [Hands-on Preview]
I like this, but will others be OK with the change?

GameRevolution's Best of 2014 Awards
Here are all of the awards in one handy post.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES GameRevolution’s PlayStation Store Holiday Gamer Guide
Looking to download a few classics for your PlayStation hardware over the holidays? Save money, stay inside where it’s warm, and get by with these downloadable games.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Gamer Love
By ryanbates
Posted on 12/19/14
When a player one meets his or her player two, it's a beautiful thing. Check out this cake my friend and GameRevolution reader Lindsey L. gave her sweetums on their two-year anniversary!   ...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Comic Movie News: Latest news and notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 92, 93, 94  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
used44

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incoming 5000 word post from Lien.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I've gathered over the past week. With Comic-Con starting up tonight, I'll try and update daily if there's enough news to report and if my work schedule allows.

Deborah Ann Woll (True Blood) will be playing Matt Murdock's love interest Karen Page in the upcoming Netflix Daredevil series.

William Sadler will play Simon Stagg in a recurring role on The Flash.

Also for The Flash will be Wentworth Miller (Prison Break) as Leonard Snart, AKA Captain Cold.

Gotham showrunner Bruno Heller said previously that they want to introduce the Joker at some point. But what intrigues me is the how, as reported by website Bleeding Cool:
Basically, every episode in the first season will introduce a character that might be a future Joker, each emphasizing aspects of the character’s iconography, a card sharp, a flower seller, a clown, or just a guy with a very big grin. All relatively unknown actors. All potentially a Joker. But only one of them being the actual Clown Prince Of Crime.

Heller also says that Gotham will see Harvey Dent and Hugo Strange.

DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns revealed definitively that DC movies and television projects won't crossover, and will exist in separate universes.

A script is in place and production should start soon on a film based on the Valiant Comics series Archer & Armstrong. Archer & Armstrong is an action buddy comedy in which the young Obadiah Archer is confronted with the “Great Satan” he has been raised to combat for his entire life, only to discover that his enemy is actually a drunken immortal calling himself Armstrong who couldn’t be less interested in bringing about the apocalypse Archer has been warned since childhood. His own parents and the cult they belong to, on the other hand, might have slightly less trustworthy ambitions.

Here's a 17 minute long behind the scenes look at Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I actually do want to see this film.

In a recent interview, when asked what character he'd be excited to play in the DC universe, Dwayne Johnson had this to say: "That's a smart question right there. DC and I have been talking for a couple of years now about trying to find whatever the right character is; who's the right character. It's also tricky too because there's baggage, and it's good baggage that I have, ya know? I am a certain way and my wiring is my wiring and my DNA is my DNA. When I step on set and on screen I'm aware of what I'm able to bring to a character and so is DC. I will say this: there's a character out there that we're going to announce very soon that I'm gonna play. I'll just say this: the power of Superman and it's not Green Lantern. This character has the power of Superman, he can throw down . . . just say the word. That's all I'm gonna say!"
The power of Superman. Just say the word. Let's see if a Shazam movie is announced at Comic-Con with Johnson as Black Adam.

Here's the first theatrical trailer for the Disney/Marvel collaboration Big Hero 6.

Stan Lee says he recently wrapped his cameo for The Avengers: Age of Ultron with Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth and also had this advice to give to DC: "DC could probably make a lot more money with Superman and Batman if they announced that I’d have a cameo in it! People wouldn’t believe it — they’d have to go to the theater to see it!"

Robert Downey Jr isn't contractually obliged to appear in any Marvel film after The Avengers: Age of Ultron, but doesn't discount returning to the role of Tony Stark. He says, "It’s down to Kevin [Feige] and Ike [Perlmutter] and Disney to come to us with what the proposal is, and that’s on us to agree or disagree."

Head of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige says they hope to continue the model of releasing one sequel and one new franchise film annually for the coming years.

Continuing off of that, Marvel announced five more release dates for as of yet unannounced MCU films. So the upcoming slate for the next five years looks like:
August 1, 2014 - Guardians of the Galaxy
May 1, 2015 - The Avengers: Age of Ultron
July 17, 2015 - Ant-Man
May 6, 2016 - Captain America 3
July 8, 2016 - most likely Doctor Strange
May 5, 2017 - unannounced
July 28, 2017 - unannounced
November 3, 2017 - unannounced
July 6, 2018 - unannounced
November 2, 2018 - unannounced
May 3, 2019 - unannounced

Feige says they know what films will be released on each date and it's only a matter of time when they choose to announce them. It's a given that at least two of those dates will be for Thor 3 and The Avengers 3. I expect we'll find out about one or two more at Comic-Con.

Hayley Atwell reportedly filmed a scene for The Avengers: Age of Ultron with Chris Evans and Paul Bettany; said to be a dance scene.

The cover to the latest Entertainment Weekly

I'll leave you with this cute (but I'm sure staged) video of a five year old besting the stars of Guardians of the Galaxy in Guardians trivia: Mia vs Marvel
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any truth to the rumor that Sony's working with Disney/Marvel on future Spider-Man movies? Maybe even selling?
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. As long as Spider-Man movies and merch are profitable for Sony, they'll never give up those rights. The closest Sony and Marvel came to cooperating with film universes was Sony giving Marvel permission to use OsCorp in the New York skyline of The Avengers, but they had already rendered the city and couldn't insert it. Now in the future, one couldn't rule out some kind of Roger Rabbit type collaboration. But for now, Sony has Spider-Man, Fox has the X-Men and Fantastic Four, and Marvel has about everything else. Except for Namor, who is still tangled up in a big mess with Universal and Legendary.

Just in case you missed it before, I'll give you the dream Marvel team up trailer.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:
If you like crank, you're gay

huh... crank... what? this crank?

Paradox, i question your taste in movies.

Also, the rock is made to be Black Adam, there's no other way.
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
used44

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'l probably be Shazam instead and it will be disappointing.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will he wear a wig?
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the next Avengers film. Captain America's new costume looks awesome.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:

In a recent interview, when asked what character he'd be excited to play in the DC universe, Dwayne Johnson had this to say: "That's a smart question right there. DC and I have been talking for a couple of years now about trying to find whatever the right character is; who's the right character. It's also tricky too because there's baggage, and it's good baggage that I have, ya know? I am a certain way and my wiring is my wiring and my DNA is my DNA. When I step on set and on screen I'm aware of what I'm able to bring to a character and so is DC. I will say this: there's a character out there that we're going to announce very soon that I'm gonna play. I'll just say this: the power of Superman and it's not Green Lantern. This character has the power of Superman, he can throw down . . . just say the word. That's all I'm gonna say!"
The power of Superman. Just say the word. Let's see if a Shazam movie is announced at Comic-Con with Johnson as Black Adam.

The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better as Black Adam. Still though it will be his second best Egyptian villian. All hail the Scorpion King!!!!

UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to IGN, Roy Harper looks like he'll be given the title "Arsenal" for Arrow S3
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/23/see-colton-haynes-in-full-costume-as-arsenal-in-arrow-season-3?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook
You all know that was his Teen Titan name.
Up for group

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
According to IGN, Roy Harper looks like he'll be given the title "Arsenal" for Arrow S3

You all know that was his Teen Titan name.

I like it.

Here's a close up image of Affleck's Batman from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he behind the guy in the cat mask?
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested to see how Ben Affleck fills the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in terms of voice, body and overall acting. Regarding the costume, I think it's a bold attempt at what they're doing, e.g. attempting to recreate the superhero tights look in film, since usually Batman wears armoured suits in the films, so Batman's costume in this film is similar to Superman's costume (tights).

And for those who don't know, the reason this costume has such short ears is because it's based off the second costume seen in Frank Millar's The Dark Knight Returns.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
used44

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks so great.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i'm sold on Ben Affleck.
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think anyone looks good in the bat suit. If Michael Keaton can look fine as batman, I don't see why Affleck can't either.

I will, however, be interested to hear what his voice is like. Otherwise, he's a fine actor, so I'd expect that he can handle the role just fine.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:

Daniel Bryan was at Comic Con
+
Daniel Bryan stopped a burglary of habitation on his home in Phoenix with SUBMISSION WRESTLING.
=
Daniel Bryan is the hero we needed, and the hero we deserved. One day we'll all stop home invasions with SUBMISSION WRESTLING.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the first look of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I showed that to my girlfriend and she immediately began making herself a Wonder Woman costume. I am a lucky man.

And by that I mean I got a golden band for my right hand! Ba dum tish!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
Page 87 of 94
Jump to: