More Reviews
REVIEWS Boo Bunny Plague Review
If you think you can enjoy the definition of budget game design, this one might make you laugh.

Minimum Review
With so many shooters crowding the marketplace, it’s refreshing to see Minimum take the low-fi route through Steam Early Access.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Halo: The Master Chief Collectio Preview
Microsoft and 343 Industries want to bring the entire Halo saga to Xbox One and this collection does exactly that with new graphics for Halo 2.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES Sunset Overdrive Co-op Is a Thrill Ride and a Half: TGS Multiplayer Hands-On
I play a co-op round of Sunset Overdrive with seven other people at the Tokyo Game Show.

Ori and the Blind Forest is Enchanting as Hell If Hell Were Magical as Shit [TGS Hands-On]
I want to protect her. It. Him. That. That thing. Ori.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137 Background: I own and have completed every entry in the Ninja Storm series, so there is inherent bias but luckily this isn’t a review. These are just my thoughts on a fun series I chose to pick up after my Dragon Ball Z Budokai days. I am also only about 3 episodes behind in the...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Need some Apps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C_nate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Need some Apps Reply with quote

So, I finally broke down and joined modern society and got in on this whole "smart phone" craze.

After removing a bunch of bloated junk that came with it, the screens are looking kinda bare. I was looking for some games and other type of stuff to put on there but after browsing the store it looks like a staggeringly vast amount of things that are just complete absolute shit.

Dozens of "runner" type games, clone after clone, games that I'm surprised have not been sued for copyright infringement (so many mario ripoffs) and so on. Just a lot of stuff that looks like it was slapped together in 5 mins to run commercials and sell gems/coins/jewels/testicles for RL money.

What are some decent games? I have a few criteria though..1,) the game cannot have "in-app" purchases that effect the game itself. Spending money to unlock cosmetic stuff I can ignore, Spending money to unlock levels I cannot. 2.) the game cannot have an excessive amount of ads that play. I can understand a totally free game have some ads now n then, but one that stops your game every 60 seconds is not ok.

Also, any other useful apps. Something for news maybe? Music? Just remember I'm domesticated now, so no fuck apps or whatever you kids use these days.

(p.s. it's an android phone)

Thanks!
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MX Player is the best video player and even has hardware decoding.

I use Rocket Player for music.

The only games I play on my phone are emulated Nintendo games. I have like 6 different emulators though and not a specific one to suggest.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For games, I enjoyed "The Silent Age" - a touch adventure puzzle game but with a time travelling gizmo - sort of interesting.
I also enjoyed a fun little game called "Tiny Thief". Kind of the same thing as above but much more kiddy fun - reminds me of Zack & Wiki for the Wii if you ever played that. Although sadly, there are 6 "worlds" and you have to purchase the last 3. Still good.
Sadly, that's about all I can recommend. The others I have are just games to pass the time: Tetris, Space Invaders and Solitaire etc.

The free apps I have are "NavFree"...should exaplin itself!
Oh and Snapchat incase you want to send me a picture of your penis that I can view for only 10 seconds....

....that's your call!
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Dev Story.

I suggest downloading it on a friday so you can lose 2 days of weekend instead of missing work/school.

ES File Explorer and ES Task Manager are both exceedingly useful, get into the habit of closing all tasks and emptying cache before putting your phone in your pocket.

I also very much recommend 'downgrading' to the old version of google maps
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/themes-apps/app-google-maps-6-parallel-install-to-t2439236

Want to save the entire continental united states to your SD card forever so you can use maps with no data connection at all, even in the middle of the desert after a nuclear war destroys civilization?
Google used to be cool and let you do exactly that. In the 'updated' versions of maps, this ridiculously useful feature has been removed.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.

Last edited by madster111 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora Tipper

It's a game where you tip a fedora. Surprisingly fun.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the SwiftKey keyboard for starters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: