More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: 08/19/14

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: 08/19/14

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14


LATEST FEATURES Water, Water Everywhere: 15 of the Best Water Worlds in Gaming
Lots of water worlds suck, but not these ones, and they're completely Kevin Costner-free.

An Updating List of PlayStation 4 Updates We Want
Sony and Microsoft have been updating their consoles regularly, but we wanted to share our own ideas for updating the PS4 firmware.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.
 
Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What are ya playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 183, 184, 185  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8871

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Gravity Rush games might be my goty.
_________________
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/watch-dogs
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/gr-strips-14-by-a-nose-25991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shandog137
Screaming Sloth


Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guan_Yu wrote:
I'm playing Fallout 2 for the first time. Almost done with it, made it to level 21 last night and got some bitchin' power armor for my character and his party (Sulik, Vic, and Cassidy for life). Pretty awesome game, even thought it really tried my patience at first. Not as much as Fallout 1 did, but still, I didn't like it for a while. Almost gave up on it but trudged through, somewhere around New Reno I started really liking it again. I'm sorry Fallout please come back I didn't mean it. Oh you can't leave because you are just software installed on my computer? So you claim.


That was my favorite fallout. If you decide to try play back through it consider that you could have gotten that power armor and some bad ass weapons at the very beginning the whole game is pretty much open from the start. Just remeber where places were and head west. I had a gauss pistol within the first 1 hour of play. One of the things I tend to do with RPGs is play for like 3-5 hours in the first play through and then reset my character. That's how I found that you can head straight over to the one city with the shop tables sitting out and you simply steal and run for dear life. Same with the random encounters on the way there.
_________________
Kentucky restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen...customer Katie Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guan_Yu
I live in a giant bucket )))-:


Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 3435

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shandog137 wrote:
Guan_Yu wrote:
I'm playing Fallout 2 for the first time. Almost done with it, made it to level 21 last night and got some bitchin' power armor for my character and his party (Sulik, Vic, and Cassidy for life). Pretty awesome game, even thought it really tried my patience at first. Not as much as Fallout 1 did, but still, I didn't like it for a while. Almost gave up on it but trudged through, somewhere around New Reno I started really liking it again. I'm sorry Fallout please come back I didn't mean it. Oh you can't leave because you are just software installed on my computer? So you claim.


That was my favorite fallout. If you decide to try play back through it consider that you could have gotten that power armor and some bad ass weapons at the very beginning the whole game is pretty much open from the start. Just remeber where places were and head west. I had a gauss pistol within the first 1 hour of play. One of the things I tend to do with RPGs is play for like 3-5 hours in the first play through and then reset my character. That's how I found that you can head straight over to the one city with the shop tables sitting out and you simply steal and run for dear life. Same with the random encounters on the way there.

I just beat it tonight, a very fun, although very outdated experience. I know exactly what you are talking about with that easy power armor, as soon as I learned about that I went to San Francisco immediately and got the quest that enabled me to get it. A world of difference after that. Once I found power armor for the rest of my party and some good energy weapons, the game was pretty much broken and I could kill almost anything that came my way in one turn. While I definitely enjoyed it more that Fallout 1, I can't say it's my favorite. New Vegas still holds that place in my heart. The originals are good, but man are they rudimentary, and that can get really frustrating. However, given their age they are still fantastic games, and if you have some time and patience, I would definitely recommend giving them a shot.
_________________
malakian wrote:
Personally, I think {opinion deleted by admins}

God shave the queen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Joker
One Winged Angel


Joined: 22 Jul 2002
Posts: 11627

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just beat Alan Wake. Gonna start American Nightmare now.
_________________
http://backloggery.com/the7joker7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shandog137
Screaming Sloth


Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guan_Yu wrote:
shandog137 wrote:
Guan_Yu wrote:
I'm playing Fallout 2 for the first time. Almost done with it, made it to level 21 last night and got some bitchin' power armor for my character and his party (Sulik, Vic, and Cassidy for life). Pretty awesome game, even thought it really tried my patience at first. Not as much as Fallout 1 did, but still, I didn't like it for a while. Almost gave up on it but trudged through, somewhere around New Reno I started really liking it again. I'm sorry Fallout please come back I didn't mean it. Oh you can't leave because you are just software installed on my computer? So you claim.


That was my favorite fallout. If you decide to try play back through it consider that you could have gotten that power armor and some bad ass weapons at the very beginning the whole game is pretty much open from the start. Just remeber where places were and head west. I had a gauss pistol within the first 1 hour of play. One of the things I tend to do with RPGs is play for like 3-5 hours in the first play through and then reset my character. That's how I found that you can head straight over to the one city with the shop tables sitting out and you simply steal and run for dear life. Same with the random encounters on the way there.

I just beat it tonight, a very fun, although very outdated experience. I know exactly what you are talking about with that easy power armor, as soon as I learned about that I went to San Francisco immediately and got the quest that enabled me to get it. A world of difference after that. Once I found power armor for the rest of my party and some good energy weapons, the game was pretty much broken and I could kill almost anything that came my way in one turn. While I definitely enjoyed it more that Fallout 1, I can't say it's my favorite. New Vegas still holds that place in my heart. The originals are good, but man are they rudimentary, and that can get really frustrating. However, given their age they are still fantastic games, and if you have some time and patience, I would definitely recommend giving them a shot.


After 3 years of contempt for game breaking glitches I have started New Vegas over this week. No terrible glitches as of yet but the game was such a fun game that it made the glitches that much worse. Focusing on speech, repair, science, and lockpick in the early stages as I am only level 5 so don't need the guns yet. Fun indeed...when it is working right. Figured I wouold try to finish it one more time, I got 75% there last time before numerous glitches lead to an allout boycott on my part. Haven't seen much this fall that has me excited. Waiting for dishonored in a few weeks.
_________________
Kentucky restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen...customer Katie Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HK-47
You are all meatbags


Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 3128

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persona 4, mid-November, and cleaning up social links, although I'm running way out of time. 5 for Fortune, 7 for Temp, 4 for Lovers and 3-4 for Emperor.
_________________
St HK, Boondock Saint
thetank score: 2660

Juggernaut, Hunter of the Gods.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15769

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you not have all of your team already maxed out?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
HK-47
You are all meatbags


Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 3128

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I had most of my stats capped, went to the TV twice or trice when a new dungeon came up (Raining) and only once for Heaven, did S.L. practically every day when I wasn't working on dungeon spelunking or fishing for the cat, and used Personas that corresponded to the link I'd be working on at that time.
_________________
St HK, Boondock Saint
thetank score: 2660

Juggernaut, Hunter of the Gods.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guan_Yu
I live in a giant bucket )))-:


Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 3435

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shandog137 wrote:
After 3 years of contempt for game breaking glitches I have started New Vegas over this week. No terrible glitches as of yet but the game was such a fun game that it made the glitches that much worse. Focusing on speech, repair, science, and lockpick in the early stages as I am only level 5 so don't need the guns yet. Fun indeed...when it is working right. Figured I wouold try to finish it one more time, I got 75% there last time before numerous glitches lead to an allout boycott on my part. Haven't seen much this fall that has me excited. Waiting for dishonored in a few weeks.

I love New Vegas too much. I can't count how many games I've stopped playing to go back to the Mojave Wasteland, but it's a lot. In fact, it's the next game I plan on playing. Luckily I've never experienced game-breaking glitches, what version of the game do you have? I only played it on 360, but I'm about to start a game on PC for the first time this weekend.
_________________
malakian wrote:
Personally, I think {opinion deleted by admins}

God shave the queen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15769

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HK-47 wrote:
I don't know. I had most of my stats capped, went to the TV twice or trice when a new dungeon came up (Raining) and only once for Heaven, did S.L. practically every day when I wasn't working on dungeon spelunking or fishing for the cat, and used Personas that corresponded to the link I'd be working on at that time.

Here's a protip for the next playthrough. Finish Yosuke and strength, Ai, and hanged man early on, only do moon on rainy days or when there's nothing else, but run through your team during the summer. Get the people you plan to use and Rise to max as your priority. I personally do kanji and yukiko.

But yeah, summer. Do it all in summer.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 1784

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guan_Yu wrote:

I love New Vegas too much. I can't count how many games I've stopped playing to go back to the Mojave Wasteland, but it's a lot. In fact, it's the next game I plan on playing. Luckily I've never experienced game-breaking glitches, what version of the game do you have? I only played it on 360, but I'm about to start a game on PC for the first time this weekend.


Sweet, I actually reinstalled the game yesterday. Are you going to mod the shit out of it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15769

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just got the PC version, get New Vegas script extender and the unofficial patch after you patch it. I have played 100 some hours without major incident.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
HK-47
You are all meatbags


Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 3128

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
HK-47 wrote:
I don't know. I had most of my stats capped, went to the TV twice or trice when a new dungeon came up (Raining) and only once for Heaven, did S.L. practically every day when I wasn't working on dungeon spelunking or fishing for the cat, and used Personas that corresponded to the link I'd be working on at that time.

Here's a protip for the next playthrough. Finish Yosuke and strength, Ai, and hanged man early on, only do moon on rainy days or when there's nothing else, but run through your team during the summer. Get the people you plan to use and Rise to max as your priority. I personally do kanji and yukiko.

But yeah, summer. Do it all in summer.


Always finish Yosuke quickly; Strength I didn't even finish the first time and the second time around Summer; Ai was... whenever she wanted to talk to me. Screwed hers up with a Friendship ending. Hanged Man I just finished recently.
Maxed Rise quickly the first time around and Summer, makes me wonder who I worked on then. And always have Yukiko in my party to the point where she's keeping level with Narukami. Usually Kanji or Yosuke (Always had a lack of wind skills, especially hit-all ones the first time around) fill up the other places but had Naoto for the duration of Heaven until the boss, so glorious.

And learned from another folly; always check what a skill does. Got Ziodyne and Thunder Reign on Thor and traded out Maziodyne for the latter on a Skill Bonus day, thinking Thunder Reign was a hit-all thunder skill.

I'll bookmark this so I'll remember it on the inevitable replay, thank you Divine Longo!
_________________
St HK, Boondock Saint
thetank score: 2660

Juggernaut, Hunter of the Gods.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Delorean88
Lone Pine Loner


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 548

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyways back to video games.....

Still playing Borderlands 2, love playing as Maya but next playthrough I think I'm going to be the Gunzerker because I heard Zero isn't all that great and since I played as Roland in the first game I have little motivation to play as Axton. Though I wish the DLC character was released already.

To go back to Fallout New Vegas when I played FO3 and FONV I didn't understand how the game worked and the mechanics so I wasn't able to really enjoy the game. Same happened with Oblivion and all of those games I thought were good but just too complicated for me to get sucked in. That's why I loved Skyrim so much because I finally understood how the mechanics, leveling, and skills worked to where my character didn't suck and I could actually do stuff. Next time there's a draught in the market I'm going to go back to either FO3 or NV and replay now that I understand how Betheseda's RPGs work. RPGs like that are hard to get into if you suck and have a learning curve (for me at least) but I like that because when I became awesome in Skyrim I felt way more accomplish because I felt it was harder to reach than being good in a shooter. Though which should be replayed cause I won't have to do both: FO3 or NV?
_________________
Icepick wrote:
Urban Dictionary defines Icepick as:
The act of kicking a girl in the vagina after f****** her so as to cause extreme discomfort and swelling, therefore giving her the inability to ever get pleasure from sex again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20712

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent the last few nights in Halo: Reach with friends. It has us all excited for Halo 4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz


Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 5171

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delorean88 wrote:
So anyways back to video games.....

Still playing Borderlands 2, love playing as Maya but next playthrough I think I'm going to be the Gunzerker because I heard Zero isn't all that great and since I played as Roland in the first game I have little motivation to play as Axton. Though I wish the DLC character was released already.

To go back to Fallout New Vegas when I played FO3 and FONV I didn't understand how the game worked and the mechanics so I wasn't able to really enjoy the game. Same happened with Oblivion and all of those games I thought were good but just too complicated for me to get sucked in. That's why I loved Skyrim so much because I finally understood how the mechanics, leveling, and skills worked to where my character didn't suck and I could actually do stuff. Next time there's a draught in the market I'm going to go back to either FO3 or NV and replay now that I understand how Betheseda's RPGs work. RPGs like that are hard to get into if you suck and have a learning curve (for me at least) but I like that because when I became awesome in Skyrim I felt way more accomplish because I felt it was harder to reach than being good in a shooter. Though which should be replayed cause I won't have to do both: FO3 or NV?





New Vegas is better. Also I have a level 34 Zero and he's quite fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15769

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HK-47 wrote:
I'll bookmark this so I'll remember it on the inevitable replay, thank you Divine Longo!

I have beaten Persona 4 so hard it's not even funny. I even made an invincible Helel. But yeah, focus on getting ultimate personas for the team you plan on using so that they null their element and lose their weakness.

And yeah, New Vegas is better. Honestly, it's one of the best RPGs this gen by far. Really, all you need to do to be really powerful is get melee weapons, speech, and hacking/lockpicking to max. Beyond that, just have fun with it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 1784

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delorean88 wrote:
So anyways back to video games.....

Still playing Borderlands 2, love playing as Maya but next playthrough I think I'm going to be the Gunzerker because I heard Zero isn't all that great and since I played as Roland in the first game I have little motivation to play as Axton. Though I wish the DLC character was released already.

To go back to Fallout New Vegas when I played FO3 and FONV I didn't understand how the game worked and the mechanics so I wasn't able to really enjoy the game. Same happened with Oblivion and all of those games I thought were good but just too complicated for me to get sucked in. That's why I loved Skyrim so much because I finally understood how the mechanics, leveling, and skills worked to where my character didn't suck and I could actually do stuff. Next time there's a draught in the market I'm going to go back to either FO3 or NV and replay now that I understand how Betheseda's RPGs work. RPGs like that are hard to get into if you suck and have a learning curve (for me at least) but I like that because when I became awesome in Skyrim I felt way more accomplish because I felt it was harder to reach than being good in a shooter. Though which should be replayed cause I won't have to do both: FO3 or NV?


Depends if you're going to mod them or not. Otherwise, I'd go with New Vegas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz


Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 5171

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, be sure to get Old World Blues while you're at it...One of the best DLCs I've ever played.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around


Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 6878

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
Spent the last few nights in Halo: Reach with friends. It has us all excited for Halo 4.

I know how you feel.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 183, 184, 185  Next
Page 103 of 185
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum