More Reviews
REVIEWS Wayward Manor Review
Not even the power of Neil Gaiman and The Odd Gentlemen could save this game from a fate worse than death: a terrible score.

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red Review
"Unlimited World Red"? More like "Sorta Limited Town and Extended Areas... Red. And Blue. And Some Yellow."
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

LATEST FEATURES How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.

We Absolutely Should Be Upset With Club Nintendo's Latest Elite Rewards
Surveys out the wazoo and I get a code for Dr. Luigi?
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What are ya playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 183, 184, 185  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replaying The Last of Us on Survival mode.

God damn that game is incredible.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomb Raider.. I can't stop playing this game. Wow.. So much fun. Only complaint is it is far too easy. But meh, the game is so great i don't really care. Also hate when you have to get achievements on a terrible multiplayer game. Honestly wanted to get every single achievement in this game, which i've never bothered to do, but the multi is horrid.

Also picked up Assassin's Creed Black Flag at home and played it a bit last night. Was loving it until I found out I was in a lab just imagining being a pirate. Killed the whole mood for me and now i don't even want to play. Incredibly stupid.

My first Assassin's Creed.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's how all of the Assassin's Creed games are. There's the past aspect of it, which is 99% of the game, and then the modern day part.
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Desmond part (is it even Desmond anymore?) is seriously less than an hour per game I'd say.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oic... kinda ruined it for me, hard to get immersed into the game/atmosphere when you suddenly are in some futuristic lab, but we'll see. i'll definitely be trying to play through it when i get home from work tomorrow. did seem like a super fun game.
used44

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best to ignore all story elements of Assassin's Creed games and just make up your own. Pretend that you're an alien posing as a pirate to learn the secrets of dog breeding, or something. Already makes more sense than their dumb shit.

I'm playing Max and the Curse of Brotherhood on Xbox One. It's free this month, which is cool because I had considered buying it earlier. It's pretty short, so I think if I had paid $15 that I might have felt suckered.

Anyway, it's a really cool puzzle game. Tying all of Max's magic marker abilities together to solve a puzzle gets pretty difficult in the later stages. When you add in the fast twitch speed with which some of the platforming segments require, it is much more challenging and rewarding than you might think before playing it. The kiddie exterior belies a hardcore puzzle interior.

I know no one on here has a One but if you have a gold membership on 360, go to Xbox.com and purchase it now to have it later.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
Tomb Raider.. I can't stop playing this game. Wow.. So much fun. Only complaint is it is far too easy. But meh, the game is so great i don't really care. Also hate when you have to get achievements on a terrible multiplayer game. Honestly wanted to get every single achievement in this game, which i've never bothered to do, but the multi is horrid.

I didn't even bother with the multiplayer. The single player campaign is indeed a hell of a ride though. To be honest it was my first Tomb Raider game ever, yes, I know. But now I would actually go back and play an older game, if there are any worth recommending.
used44

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any worth recommending? No, not really. The older games are classic, but they have not aged particularly well.

The Guardian of Light, however, is awesome.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:
intoTheRain wrote:

I didn't even bother with the multiplayer. The single player campaign is indeed a hell of a ride though. To be honest it was my first Tomb Raider game ever, yes, I know. But now I would actually go back and play an older game, if there are any worth recommending.

Best single player experience I've had in ages. I'm very close to the end and am hesitant to finish. Could have tonight but don't want it to end lol. Maybe I'll drag it out till the new tomb raider in 1.5 years.

I'm at the final save spot so could prove tricky. Definitely going back to collect everything and do all the tombs though.
used44

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tired a match or two of the multiplayer after I finished the campaign and it is average. The mechanics don't really work for competitive online multiplayer. Don't bother with it.

I'm glad you're enjoying the single player though.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
Any worth recommending? No, not really. The older games are classic, but they have not aged particularly well.

The Guardian of Light, however, is awesome.

I'm pretty sure I would get kick out of PS1 Lara Croft, seeing how a bunch of uneven polygons was the hottest video game character in the mid-late 90's.

Although I'll admit, for a CGI character Lara was pretty damn hot in this one. May the future laugh at me for how sad that sounds..
used44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you playing the last-Gen version or the "Definitive Edition?" They changed her face in the DE to make her more super-model-esque. It was probably only noticeable to us who had already played as the more baby faced Lara, but it was very off-putting at first.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
Are you playing the last-Gen version or the "Definitive Edition?" They changed her face in the DE to make her more super-model-esque. It was probably only noticeable to us who had already played as the more baby faced Lara, but it was very off-putting at first.

I'm playing the original version, and she is smoking hot. Razz Her new boobs are so much better.
used44

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in the third season of our multi-team online dynasty in NCAA 14, so still having fun with that. I've taken to playing it while on the elliptical jogger, which is exhausting.

Catching up in The Wolf Among Us. I'm about to start Episode 4. Slow starter but is now getting great.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead Space 3 in Classic mode. Just to sweep up some achievements I missed and to also go through the story again.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rakon wrote:
Mass Effect 2 is one of the best games you'll play, if you've played the first. Otherwise the story won't impact you very much.

Finished Tomb Raider. Al lot longer than expected, but a great run. Definitely worth a play if you liked the Uncharted games and The Last of Us (and who didn't?)

I've played the first Mass Effect twice and loved it. Great game!
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knocked out some special missions on Ground Zeroes.

Sly Cooper thieves in Time has been a fun game so far.

Playing a lot of motion controller based games with my kids and the nieces and nephews.

used44

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a random urge to play KOTOR this weekend, so I installed it from my brother's Steam family shared account thing.

It crashes so frequently that I'm not sure I'll be able to get through it. It took me looking through some forums to even get it to launch properly, and now it's some other unknown problem. Old games on current OS can be such a pain.

I might just download it on iPad.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with KotOR is that it isn't developed to run on multicore processors, or something like that. There are easy fixes if you look it up.

Anyway, I've continued to play E.Y.E.
It's really weird and fun. I'm sure I will continue to enjoy it, and if anyone else has it I'm up for playing a campaign together.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I abandoned Kotor and started up The Witcher. It's very good. The combat is excellent, and is smartly designed in a way that even a mouse/keyboard dunce such as myself can feel like a badass.

My only gripe so far is that I attempted to make room in my inventory by drinking all of the cheap booze I had and I hung on a drink for, no joke, 45 minutes. Stumbling around collecting quests was painfully slow, but that's really my fault.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 183, 184, 185  Next
Page 178 of 185
Jump to: