More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Preview
Put up some movie glasses, because Geometry Wars is entering the third dimension.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

LATEST FEATURES And I Was All "Hell Yeah I'll Play a New Dreamcast Game"
I just played a Dreamcast game that was released in... wait, 2014?

A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What are ya playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 188, 189, 190  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_Craig wrote:
Rakon wrote:
Will get back to Assassin's Creed 2. I'm hearing a lot about which of the games suck, which don't. What do you guys think? Are all of Brotherhhod, Revelations, and III worth playing?

For the record, no, I don't care too much about the story.

I enjoyed Assassin's Creed II. I think I liked it so much because it had so much new stuff compared to the first one, plus Ezio was just much more likeable than Altair.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is very much worth playing. It introduces a lot of new and fun gameplay mechanics as well, such as chain killing and the Brotherhood system.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations... I don't think is worth it. It seriously just feels like a re-skinned Brotherhood. I spent a lot of hours in Brotherhood and Revelations was pretty much asking me to redo all my work (rebuild my Brotherhood and whatnot) so... no thank you.

Assassin's Creed III is honestly a pretty boring game, plus Connor is very unlikeable in my opinion. Like Longo_2_guns said however, the sailing parts are awesome.

Completely agree. 3 is the best story, but you dont care about that so dont bother! 3 starts off well, but for about 4 chapters you're wondering in the fucking forest! It's good as a sandbox game though, collectibles and hunting (I love that shit).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skip directly to Black Flag. I wouldn't bother with any of the others at this point.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
Skip directly to Black Flag. I wouldn't bother with any of the others at this point.

I think this is a good call.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBA 2k14. Why must sports games be so addictive?

LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:

Is it more fun to search for treasure in Black Flag, or raiding ships for money?
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Raiding ships is more fun, so is upgrading your ship so you can take on other bigger ships.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
DH_Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

League of Legends
Hearthstone
Fire Emblem (All of them.) and building my own from FE7.

Sums up my game pool in my spare time when everything else isn't pulling here and there.
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently playing Trine 2 on PS4. I won and redeemed a Steam code fast enough, but PS4 specs are actually better than my laptop's. Gorgeous looking game and at 1080p/60FPS. Allons-y!

Also, this might sound stupid, but I'm going to purchase a Sony import of ICO for PS3. I was told all PS3 games are region free.
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3 games should be region free, Ugh.

Back in the day, I played my friend's copy of Rockband on my PS3. My PS3 was purchased here in Australia while my mate's copy of Rockband was imported from America.

UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was mainly for speedrunning, but I'm pretty sure people use Japanese versions on order games, because of the PAL format makes their run quicker as well as glitches. This doesn't appear to be the case or ICO, because the Japanese PS3 version is NTSC-J.
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Oh wow. I had no idea about that. O_o

Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedrunners do it because Japanese text appears on the screen faster than western text, so you can skip it faster.
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but that doesn't cause the glitch I want it to do. PAL is European countries, right? The glitch is this super jump that requires 50Mhz. I can't do that glitch, because they patched it with HD version. The HD version replaced some obstacles with other obstacles to make it faster. Japanese game won't matter for the text, because Ico has their own language and it doesn't matter.
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be playing FF7 when I get back from work Very Happy
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently playing wolfenstein, splinter cell blacklist, borderlands 2, dragon age origins, and fallout new Vegas. . All while finishing season 1 of the wire.

I'm overwhelmed with awesome right now. Not sure which games to fully focus on first.
used44

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that to be impossible. I have a better success rate only playing maybe two games concurrently and not starting any others. If I start them and then step away, I sometimes don't go back.

I would play Wolfenstein first, as it is the newest. Then trade it in while it has value (if you're on console) and move on to something less shootery, like DA:O.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice list you got going on there, intoTheRain. Sweet.

I agree with used44, it's pretty hard to play multiple games at once like that. I did it once myself but uh, I didn't really have a choice.

In late 2011 I had an operation on my right knee and I was told by the doctor after surgery that I couldn't leave my house for five days. After that, I had a week off work, so I pretty much was at home for two weeks. During this time I had...

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Skyrim, Saint's Row: The Third, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Batman: Arkham City.

Best two weeks ever.

I also agree with used44, play Wolfenstein first since it's your newest game. Personally, I would suggest Splinter Cell: Blacklist after, but it's up to you.

Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just beat the Witcher 2 and Tomb Raider, and am currently in the middle of Uncharted 3. I've started other games in the past few months : Hitman Absolution, Metro 2033, Limbo, Torchlight, The Walking Dead season 2, Skyrim and Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry...to name a few. Yesterday I picked up Wolfenstein The New Order.

What should I play through next? I was thinking of starting CIV V to take a break from all of the action.

Last edited by Lethean on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
used44

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Freedom Cry right now also. I'm into it. Adewale's attacks are super brutal and clearing the plantations is maybe the most fun mix of stealth and combat the series has offered.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why, but I reinstalled Guild Wars 2 the other day...so mostly that and Sins Rebellion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 188, 189, 190  Next
Page 180 of 190
Jump to: