More Reviews
REVIEWS Wayward Manor Review
Not even the power of Neil Gaiman and The Odd Gentlemen could save this game from a fate worse than death: a terrible score.

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red Review
"Unlimited World Red"? More like "Sorta Limited Town and Extended Areas... Red. And Blue. And Some Yellow."
More Previews
PREVIEWS Hand of Fate Preview
Dungeons & Dragons mixed with the Batman: Arkham series... wait, what?!
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

Hohokum
Release date: 08/12/14

Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: 08/19/14

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: 08/19/14

LATEST FEATURES Gaming For Good: Charity for the Win
Playing video games for charity is becoming easier everyday. Livestream, join a fundraising guild, or game at your own pace. There are many different ways gamers can contribute to numerous charitable causes.

PlayStation’s Colorful Console Past and Its Bright, White Future
Sony will release the white PlayStation 4 in September, so let's take a walk through the company's hardware history.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gothic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Gothic Reply with quote

The 4 part collection is on sale through Steam, but I've never even heard of this game until now. Has anyone played this? And if so, will the game seem boring if I get it now, after having played Morrowind and Oblivion?

Also, the description for Gothic 4: ArcaniA has a quote from the preview from GR, but the game was never actually reviewed. Confused

o--(^-^)--o
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, they're very good.
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm downloading some demos. I'm seeing a lot of mixed reviews, with GR giving Gothic 3 a D although on average it's the highest rated on Metacritic out of the 4.

o--(^-^)--o
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the sale expired before I even got to play a demo. Ehh...

o--(^-^)--o
JCD
Young Master

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late I know, but you would have been wasting your money. Gothic and Gothic 2 were good FOR THEIR TIME. They have not aged well. 3 and 4 were never good.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what has aged well?

Cheese.

o--(^-^)--o
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCD wrote:
Bit late I know, but you would have been wasting your money. Gothic and Gothic 2 were good FOR THEIR TIME. They have not aged well. 3 and 4 were never good.

Sorry, i disagree. I've played gothic 2 and gothic 3. I admit i had more fun time with the second one, but i didn't not hate gothic 3 at all!

I love how, in Gothic 3, the only loading screen is at the beginning (go ahead, walk from one continent to the other or even teleport, not one loading bar) but it's too bad it's still a LONG one. Don't play the game for a short play through.
And another thing that everyone MUST be prepare, it's the bugs... Ahh the bugs.... those things are everywhere in the franchise. This is the studios's trademark, everywhere in europe people point out they make more bugs then a bee-hive. Heck the most annoying one is the fact that the boars can chain up attacks on you without giving the chance to block! My advice? use cheats codes and get experience to scale your health up at the avatar. It will help you a lot. Trust me, on PC the cheat police is blind, no one will tell!

But anyway, if you have patience at the loading screen and don't mind the bugs, Gothic 3 (and 2) is probably one of the best game and the most original in the past decade. You can play it for hours, carefully choosing a faction (rebel or mercenary, assassin or nobles, vikings or orcs), spending time exploring a huge land and watching people actually do something then just standing around and staring at you.... i'm looking at you oblivion!

So in one word, if you found it for cheap on steam, buy it! You won't be disappointed. This is the greatest thing the germans brought us beside the schnitzels. Razz
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...a little late there, Lien. *le sigh*

Also, Germany brought us Falco.

o--(^-^)--o
JCD
Young Master

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn man, we played two completely different games. Oblivion shits all over Gothic 3. As does Morrowind.

Barbie Horse Adventure too.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well, maybe next time de-ting. Meanwhile, i think I'll try Gothic 4 and see whats up with that.
JCD wrote:
Damn man, we played two completely different games. Oblivion shits all over Gothic 3. As does Morrowind.

Barbie Horse Adventure too.

Man, nothing compares to oblivion!

So's Barbie Horse Adventure...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: