More Reviews
REVIEWS Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Rebor Review
Just a small update to the existing review for the PS4 version of the game. What are the benefits to upgrading? Check here to see. ~Ed. Nick Tan

Cut the Rope: Triple Treat Review
Cutting the ropes has never before made gravity so… pricey.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sniper Elite 3 Preview
Sending bullets through the hate.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Release date: Out Now

Trials Fusion
Release date: Out Now

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Release date: 04/29/14

Bound by Flame
Release date: 05/09/14

LATEST FEATURES 4 PAX Indie Titles to Look Out For
We've given attention to all the higher profile games at PAX EAST, but now it's time for the indies.

Ouya's Best Games Coming to the Platform
The Kickstarter console is slowly establishing itself with a couple of creative gems on the way.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
So much more than war...
By shandog137
Posted on 04/18/14
The recent blog, Peace in the Era of Call of Duty  really made me think about war games that dig deeper than simply a kill streak reward. The first game that came to mind was Spec-Ops: The Line and although I haven’t played it, I began to wonder if it did the war genre as...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ITT we post awesome things (Deez Sour Nets!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 74, 75, 76  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Urban, that is officially the best response ever...ever!
Yeah, I think that's probably the most intelligent post I've seen Urban make. Shocked

o--(^-^)--o
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
Urban, how many watts an hour do those solar grids put out?

grids or arrays?

I think you may be mixed up or they may be the same thing. you aussies.
It all depends on the size.

one panel will put out X amount of watts.
Panels put on houses tend to produce in kWh.
Arrays/grids in the desert or on wider scales (utility companies or industrial businesses) tend to produce in MWs.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly it was the back and forth between Urbz, Eyebrows and I.

Also: "Hi, solar panel, my name is Supernova. What now?"

UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Mostly it was the back and forth between Urbz, Eyebrows and I.
Also: "Hi, solar panel, my name is Supernova. What now?"

People ALWAYS bring this up when discussing solar panels. without fail, EVERY conversation I have with people trying to put them on to solar - someone (usually reasonably educated) says, herp derp "what about a prolonged eclipse, or a black hole, or massive amounts of darkness".. and their usually serious.

Lets put it like this - if we are ever in a situation where this is a issue, the human race has BIGGER problems then it how plans on powering their homes.

COME AT ME

basically, there is NO REASON why the US shouldn't get behind this. The biggest obstacles are religious demagogues who dont think we need to invest in renewables because the good lord is going to call us ALL home soon.

De-Ting wrote:

WickedLiquid wrote:
Eyebrowsbv31
xXRaNd_PaUl_420Xx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll go off of offhand comments I've heard; the materials used to make solar panels are expensive, these materials come from China, which would have us by the balls.

solar panels are a cousin of the Toyota Prius, which is like being the cousin of Hitler. Do you want to be the supporter of the cousin of hitler? hmm?

I say we go nuclear, more fun that way. I mean shit, who wants to play A. Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, or B. Lovelies: Lets stroll through a solar park and recycle shit.

And urbs, i'll come at you all you want, you keep talkin' like that.
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyebrowsbv31 wrote:
Okay, I'll go off of offhand comments I've heard; the materials used to make solar panels are expensive, these materials come from China, which would have us by the balls.

solar panels are a cousin of the Toyota Prius, which is like being the cousin of Hitler. Do you want to be the supporter of the cousin of hitler? hmm?

I say we go nuclear, more fun that way. I mean s***, who wants to play A. Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, or B. Lovelies: Lets stroll through a solar park and recycle s***.

And urbs, i'll come at you all you want, you keep talkin' like that.

Materials that are used to make solar panels can be found ALL OVER THE WORLD,and are especially found in the US. A lot of solar companies plant themselves in california (silicon valley) because of the cost of materials in the industry is cheaper because it is local. IN THE PAST, solar has been expensive because there was only one way of making panels in the industry - now PV systems are exclusively silicon based (which is grown on glass) now there is CIGS, CdTe, CdS, etc..

With the exception of silicon the materials used to create solar panels are cheap and abundant. The PROCESS of creating solar panels are expensive because it typically requires vacuum chambers and sometimes several different process steps.

De-Ting wrote:

WickedLiquid wrote:
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, of all of the alternative energy solutions, solar power tends to be the most feasible and constant. Wind power is much more inconsistent than solar. Blah blah blah. Arizona, where I grew up, has a couple solar farms and a lot of people have a few on their roof. They're a nice way to reduce your energy bill and I had one neighbor who actually had a negative energy consumption (note: the power company does not pay you back. I know because he would tell you the same stupid story every time he saw you). I just remember that if they break you're basically buying a new one, which whether it's cheap or not chaps my hide.

UrbanMasque wrote:
The biggest obstacles are religious demagogues who dont think we need to invest in renewables because the good lord is going to call us ALL home soon.

Hmm, as I recall the Lord gave us "dominion" over the land and the creatures, which in most cases means that you take care of it. Wasting resources seems contrary to my understanding of the topic. Also, by the quoted logic it would seem that using medicine to prolong life...blah blah blah...die already and stop using my resources!

Also, eyebrows, people who compare anything to Hitler are worse than Hitler. (I do, in fact, note the irony of this statement.)
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Eyebrows was being sarcastic. Hopefully.

But still, solar panels are pretty cool. But it isn't quite awesome. You know what is awesome?

COLD FUSION MOTHERFUCKER!
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. I just hate the practice. Also, I like the included paranthetical statement.

And I feel like I'm not adding to this thread in its intended purpose, so.....

It's drinking the WATER!!!
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:

But still, solar panels are pretty cool. But it isn't quite awesome. You know what is awesome?

I agree. Cold Fusion is awesome - and so are the Xmen. Sadly, neither of those are real.

De-Ting wrote:

WickedLiquid wrote:
Eyebrowsbv31
xXRaNd_PaUl_420Xx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
I'm pretty sure Eyebrows was being sarcastic. Hopefully.

When am I not sarcastic?

Although I was being honest that the Prius is an awful thing. Needs to be destroyed.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, somewhat. Or Prious owners. If all Prius's exploded, then we'd be able to lower overpopulation and faggot rates. Also, if all vans exploded we'd have fewer illegal immigrants. Also, if all Mercedes exploded we'd have a better distribution of wealth.
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey it's good to have an opinion on prius! I'm just happy these guys are doing something for the environment, thaaaaaaaaaannks!
Eyebrowsbv31
xXRaNd_PaUl_420Xx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun Fact; The materials used to make the batteries for the prius damaged the environment (factoring in shipping) more than driving a land rover 100k miles in a year.

Urbs, your support of solor powah is suspect, biased source that you are. And you're putting coal miners out of work, and harming the coal miner's unions in the process.

REPUBLICAN.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urban.

Solar panels are one of the stupidest things we can do, when we have the technology to build nuclear reactors which will power homes without any pollution, from a single relatively small facility.

Only the fear of morons who think 'hurr chernobyl' is holding us back from attaining cheap, easy, reliable and pollution free energy.

And dont get me started on the pathetic prius.
My response is simple.
Volkswagen Golf Bluemotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h8_F-_a6ko
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give you some of the best beards out there:

Epic.
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
Urban.

Solar panels are one of the stupidest things we can do, when we have the technology to build nuclear reactors which will power homes without any pollution, from a single relatively small facility.

Only the fear of morons who think 'hurr chernobyl' is holding us back from attaining cheap, easy, reliable and pollution free energy.

My response is simple.

I hope youre kidding, but if not I'm proud to be called a moron, especially when it comes from someone holding an opinion such as yours, and says 'hurr derr chernobyl was rare - and we should risk possible other incidents b/c probability of it happening again is low''. Meltdowns can make regions the size of Kansas uninhabitable. Nuclear reactors are FRAGILE F***ing things, and there is no accounting for human error in these places. Please look up Three Mile Island. Go ahead, what you do in your country is your business. Just don't bring that stuff here. You want to use nuclear reactors to create energy - do it on the moon.

De-Ting wrote:

WickedLiquid wrote:
daverabbit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really cant use Three Mile Island as an example of the danger of nuclear power when the plant is still open and operational and will be for years to come. So actualy you should probably look it up before spouting off such ignorance.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job MattAY, I was getting bored of scrolling through an awesome thread and seeing nothing but text Confused

Time to Simpson up this place rite hur!

If The Simpsons were in Twilight...

Eyebrowsbv31
xXRaNd_PaUl_420Xx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UrbanMasque wrote:
madster111 wrote:
Urban.

My response is simple.

I hope youre kidding, but if not I'm proud to be called a moron, especially when it comes from someone holding an opinion such as yours, and says 'hurr derr chernobyl was rare - and we should risk possible other incidents b/c probability of it happening again is low''. Meltdowns can make regions the size of Kansas uninhabitable. Nuclear reactors are FRAGILE F***ing things, and there is no accounting for human error in these places. Please look up Three Mile Island. Go ahead, what you do in your country is your business. Just don't bring that stuff here. You want to use nuclear reactors to create energy - do it on the moon.

Three Mile Island killed...nobody, not even a chicken and released a whopping...0% of dangerous radiation.

There has only been 2 horrific nuclear power plant accidents, chernobyl is one, and another happened on the other side of the Urals in the 1950s and the russians covered that one up (at least according to some guy that has been banned from Russia for being a tad anti russian.)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 2 of 76
Jump to: