More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Lara Croft and the Temple of Osi Preview
Lara Croft takes another crack at the isometric adventure, and this time she makes Egypt angry.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Madden NFL 15
Release date: Out Now

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

LATEST FEATURES A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!

inFamous: First Light Battle Arena Hints, Strategies, Tips [Stream Over]
Watch as I build out our feature of useful tactics for players in Sucker Punch's wave-based and arcade-awesome arena mode.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I'm bored with my 3DS now.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shenta

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: I'm bored with my 3DS now. Reply with quote

Find Mii: ever heard of it? Probably the most popular game for the 3DS. It's included with the console and it's addicting.

You might know that walking with the 3DS earns you coins. You can only get up to 10 coins with the 3DS in a day and it costs 2 coins to hire a hero for Find Mii.

Now why do you want to hire a hero? Well I wouldn't call them heroes at all. Think of Find Mii as Final Fantasy with kitties, except those kitties (or dogs, if you prefer) run away the moment the monster tries to fight back or gets tired after a spell.

So you can hire about 5 heroes each day (or StreetPass people assuming you're lucky enough to find some people), and each progressing monster takes a lot more heroes to defeat (For example, I've used 140 heroes an I'm in level 13).

The rewards for defeating them are hats for your Mii that you can show off to other people via StreetPass. It's really entertaining and it's all I've been playing for the last month. I have Steel Diver, but I don't even bother to touch it outside of my house due to it needing the stylus.

So how about you guys? Anything interesting you've been doing with your 3DS?

Last edited by Shenta on Sun May 15, 2011 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a 3DS yet.... but I really need to get my hands on one for Star Fox 64 3D....

I heard that Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is a pretty deep game for 3DS if you're looking for something new that'll be worth it.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're bored with it you can always send it to me.
Shenta

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
I don't have a 3DS yet.... but I really need to get my hands on one for Star Fox 64 3D....

I heard that Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is a pretty deep game for 3DS if you're looking for something new that'll be worth it.

I'm not a fan of turn base strategy games. I'm more into real time like Age of Empires. Plus, $40 for a game that looks like that? I don't know. I might rent it. The thing about the 3DS that it's just all these amazing games are FINALLY going to come out for it.
I RARELY buy games. But I find myself buying these...

Dead or Alive Dimensions this month
Ocarina of Time and Resident Evil next month
Star Fox! July.
.........................uh.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, Nintendo left that launch window WWIIIIIDDDDEEE open for third-parties.... Can't say it helped them that much. Part of the problem is that third-parties have to help themselves. There's only so much Nintendo can do.
Shenta

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
Yup, Nintendo left that launch window WWIIIIIDDDDEEE open for third-parties.... Can't say it helped them that much. Part of the problem is that third-parties have to help themselves. There's only so much Nintendo can do.

Why did 3rd parties fail with the Wii? They simply can't innovate. That's the problem with this industry right now. The only ones who innovate are a select few, and the rest are just copycats. That's exactly why I'm going into the game industry. To innovate.

My rule to innovation? If the game sounds like a mixture of two games, it's not innovating.
Kijan
White Mage of the Modern Age

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shenta wrote:
danielrbischoff wrote:

Why did 3rd parties fail with the Wii? They simply can't innovate. That's the problem with this industry right now. The only ones who innovate are a select few, and the rest are just copycats. That's exactly why I'm going into the game industry. To innovate.

My rule to innovation? If the game sounds like a mixture of two games, it's not innovating.

Innovation is one of the hardest things in life. It is easy to talk about it, but so hard to put in reality. I wish you luck in your endeavors. Smile
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be the one to say this, but if you do make it in the game industry that idealism is going to fade fast.
White Mage of the Modern Age

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
I hate to be the one to say this, but if you do make it in the game industry that idealism is going to fade fast.

I agree... because in the end as a developer your games need to develop profit or else you will just get axed.

That is why innovative concepts get a lot of time cast aside by gamers whilst they jack off to the next installment of CoD.
Shenta

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:

That's the best part of being an indie game developer. But I do agree. I will have to start off with OTHER people's games. But hey, look forward to my stuff in 10 years Smile
Nick_Tan
The Ninja of Nerds

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised by the launch titles for the 3DS. Sure, the launch lineup is rarely ever amazing, but Nintendo seemed to have hoped too much for the longevity of the 3DS by spreading their first-party titles throughout the year. It'll pick up once Super Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus, and the rest of the Nintendo lineup, but I'm hoping that by then it won't be too late.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
If you're bored with it you can always send it to me.
FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing the shit out of Pokemon White and Street Fighter on my 3DS.

Dream Trigger is also a pretty cool game once you figure out the somewhat confusing controls. The game blends together music and gameplay to create some sort of blissful gaming jazz, man. When you get in the zone with this game, you are totally in the zone.
theknuckles28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just seems boring, i never did get a 3DS the games look cool and all but i rather play other games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Nintendo All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: