More Reviews
REVIEWS Wayward Manor Review
Not even the power of Neil Gaiman and The Odd Gentlemen could save this game from a fate worse than death: a terrible score.

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red Review
"Unlimited World Red"? More like "Sorta Limited Town and Extended Areas... Red. And Blue. And Some Yellow."
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: 08/19/14

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: 08/19/14


LATEST FEATURES How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.

We Absolutely Should Be Upset With Club Nintendo's Latest Elite Rewards
Surveys out the wazoo and I get a code for Dr. Luigi?
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.
 
Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
|OT| Battlefield 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I will purchase Battlefield 3 and play with other Revolutionaries on....
PC
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
PS3
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Xbox 360
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Tiger Handheld
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Author Message
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20689

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
I am rock hard right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3231

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
So Frostbite 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KksAB31DG3U
Boner.


IKNOW,RIGHT?
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around


Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 6856

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niccceeeee
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 9711

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
The only thing I could see keeping people from going for Battlefield over MW3 is that the game-play is slightly different, with the larger maps and vehicle usage. Otherwise, I don't know why you would pick MW3.


I think that the CoD games have a very different pace. They're quicker, smaller and reward solo play. If you look at where most people are when they're playing it, it's in Deathmatches. And when you play any of the objective based games, it's like people don't know how you win them. Still, I enjoy MW2 still from time to time. They're not horrible games and the online syncs well enough.

My most recent experience comes from Bad Company 2. Battlefield though is big, a little more methodical, it rewards team work and good planning. I think I've played Deathmatch 3 times and it had a different flavor but really the objective based games are the meat and potatoes. My gripe is that everyone gripes about the lack of rewards when leveling past ~25. I could care less personally.
_________________
Star-Lord wrote:
I look around and do you know what I see? Losers.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3231

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
I think that the CoD games have a very different pace. They're quicker, smaller and reward solo play. If you look at where most people are when they're playing it, it's in Deathmatches. And when you play any of the objective based games, it's like people don't know how you win them. Still, I enjoy MW2 still from time to time. They're not horrible games and the online syncs well enough.

My most recent experience comes from Bad Company 2. Battlefield though is big, a little more methodical, it rewards team work and good planning. I think I've played Deathmatch 3 times and it had a different flavor but really the objective based games are the meat and potatoes. My gripe is that everyone gripes about the lack of rewards when leveling past ~25. I could care less personally.


I would agree with that. I play with an active clan though that uses Teamspeak (I play on PC), so objective based game play is often the most fun. I will agree though, Battlefield isn't always that great for solo play.
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8871

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlefield 3
http://www.gamerevolution.com/game/battlefield-3

Release Date: October 25th, 2011 Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360

Battlefield 3 is a return to the core line of Battlefield games from DICE and EA. None of that Bad Company bull shit. Sure there's a single-player campaign. There's even co-op. Seriously though, it's all about multiplayer. Have you seen this trailer?
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/duh-duh-ddumdum-duh-duh-ddumdum-7703
Here's GameRevolution's Preview and a growing list of news and media:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/preview/battlefield-3 By Kuulei
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/what-comes-in-the-battlefield-3-physical-warfare-pack-8177
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/battlefield-3-joining-multiple-disc-releases-on-xbox-360-7795
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/ea-ceo-believes-call-of-duty-will-rot-from-the-core-activision-responds-7763
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/8-minutes-of-battlefield-3-alpha-gameplay-7581
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/battlefield-3-will-have-years-worth-of-unlocks-7503
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/revolutionary-rant-battlefield-3-preordering-is-a-mess-7467

My first OT, hope everyone else is excited for the game!

Just to post it at the end of the thread if you skip the first page.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8871

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Tiger Handheld because that's why my *hopefully* new PC will make the PS3 look like when I play BF 3 on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keepithowitis



Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 3253

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So pumped for this game, PC for sure
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOT!

Higher-rez texture pack is available on PS3 and 360.
Voluntary on 360, it's included on Disk One (MP/Co-op)

Not sure if it's voluntary on PS3.
"The PS3 version requires the same install but it's all on the one blu-ray disk," <---- that could mean two things.

but yeah, great news!
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8871

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I install it twice will it make it look even better?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20689

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8871

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated News Links:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/battlefield-3-got-99-problems-but-a-bitch-aint-one-8545
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/battlefield-3-system-requirements-are-still-in-beta-8489
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/the-war-between-call-of-duty-and-battlefield-3-is-entirely-orchestrated-8627
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/battlefield-3-beta-costs-53-million-dollars-on-360-8651
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/rumor-battlefield-3-will-be-heading-to-steam-8745
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/battlefield-3-single-player-campaign-to-last-67-hours-8805
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20689

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh geez, I didn't know the co-op campaign was a separate story with separate missions. That's incredible!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8871

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Yeah, as it should be. But really, I'll probably skipping straight to MP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't get extra tickets in Rush? Neutral
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Delorean88
Lone Pine Loner


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 548

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited, I honestly loved the beta and sure it's had it's bugs and I'm a little disappointed by the level of destruction. The environment weren't as destructive as I thought, perfect example in the first phase of metro I shot a rocket at the bridge and it remained normal. I was bummed for a little bit cause I expected that to destroy because in Bad Company that would of been gone (at least I think it would of been) and there would be craters due to rockets and explosives. I can live without this but still I was expecting major destruction, I kept telling myself it's the beta it won't be perfect but this close to release I guess the beta is what I should expect of the game.

Still is fun, short campaign but battlefield has never been known for it's single player, I just wish they would put a A.I. skirmish mode for offline so if I wanted to take a break from online but still play rush or conquest I could play A.I. (also offline A.I. is perfect for practicing how to fly helicopters and jets.)
_________________
Icepick wrote:
Urban Dictionary defines Icepick as:
The act of kicking a girl in the vagina after f****** her so as to cause extreme discomfort and swelling, therefore giving her the inability to ever get pleasure from sex again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delorean88 wrote:
I'm excited, I honestly loved the beta and sure it's had it's bugs and I'm a little disappointed by the level of destruction. The environment weren't as destructive as I thought, perfect example in the first phase of metro I shot a rocket at the bridge and it remained normal. I was bummed for a little bit cause I expected that to destroy because in Bad Company that would of been gone (at least I think it would of been) and there would be craters due to rockets and explosives. I can live without this but still I was expecting major destruction, I kept telling myself it's the beta it won't be perfect but this close to release I guess the beta is what I should expect of the game.

Still is fun, short campaign but battlefield has never been known for it's single player, I just wish they would put a A.I. skirmish mode for offline so if I wanted to take a break from online but still play rush or conquest I could play A.I. (also offline A.I. is perfect for practicing how to fly helicopters and jets.)


Full destruction isn't enabled in the beta. Once you actually get into the Subways, it gets really fun. Seriously, try out the Engineer's RPG on EVERYTHING.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Delorean88
Lone Pine Loner


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 548

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheJx4 wrote:
Delorean88 wrote:
I'm excited, I honestly loved the beta and sure it's had it's bugs and I'm a little disappointed by the level of destruction. The environment weren't as destructive as I thought, perfect example in the first phase of metro I shot a rocket at the bridge and it remained normal. I was bummed for a little bit cause I expected that to destroy because in Bad Company that would of been gone (at least I think it would of been) and there would be craters due to rockets and explosives. I can live without this but still I was expecting major destruction, I kept telling myself it's the beta it won't be perfect but this close to release I guess the beta is what I should expect of the game.

Still is fun, short campaign but battlefield has never been known for it's single player, I just wish they would put a A.I. skirmish mode for offline so if I wanted to take a break from online but still play rush or conquest I could play A.I. (also offline A.I. is perfect for practicing how to fly helicopters and jets.)



Full destruction isn't enabled in the beta. Once you actually get into the Subways, it gets really fun. Seriously, try out the Engineer's RPG on EVERYTHING.

I have primarily in the last area with the building, my jaw dropped as I shot a rocket at one of the building and the walls just crumbled into dust. But that explains why there hasn't been destruction, didn't know it wasn't activated
_________________
Icepick wrote:
Urban Dictionary defines Icepick as:
The act of kicking a girl in the vagina after f****** her so as to cause extreme discomfort and swelling, therefore giving her the inability to ever get pleasure from sex again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delorean88 wrote:
TheJx4 wrote:
Delorean88 wrote:
I'm excited, I honestly loved the beta and sure it's had it's bugs and I'm a little disappointed by the level of destruction. The environment weren't as destructive as I thought, perfect example in the first phase of metro I shot a rocket at the bridge and it remained normal. I was bummed for a little bit cause I expected that to destroy because in Bad Company that would of been gone (at least I think it would of been) and there would be craters due to rockets and explosives. I can live without this but still I was expecting major destruction, I kept telling myself it's the beta it won't be perfect but this close to release I guess the beta is what I should expect of the game.

Still is fun, short campaign but battlefield has never been known for it's single player, I just wish they would put a A.I. skirmish mode for offline so if I wanted to take a break from online but still play rush or conquest I could play A.I. (also offline A.I. is perfect for practicing how to fly helicopters and jets.)



Full destruction isn't enabled in the beta. Once you actually get into the Subways, it gets really fun. Seriously, try out the Engineer's RPG on EVERYTHING.

I have primarily in the last area with the building, my jaw dropped as I shot a rocket at one of the building and the walls just crumbled into dust. But that explains why there hasn't been destruction, didn't know it wasn't activated


If both teams have RPG guys, you'll see how amazing the destruction really is on that last area. Holy crap, talk about adrenaline rush. The entire squad was unloading on a few guys while rockets are flying right over our heads, some of them destroying the part of the building that was protecting us. (Top floor of the building on the left) Enemies rushing up the stairs as this is happening, more ROCKETS, C4, bang bang bang. It was pure chaos and convinced me to buy the game.

It was the best match I've had yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, seems as if you don't get a kill or XP for killing someone by using the environment.

Can anyone confirm?
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum