More Reviews
REVIEWS Tales of Xillia 2 Review
Tales of Xillia 2 treads familiar ground, but this time there's an adorable cat.

Madden NFL 15 Review
How many times has it been said, “This is the best Madden game”? Probably just about every year. Well guess what, this is the best Madden game… maybe.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Fenix Rage Preview
I died. And I died again. Died again. Again and again. Again. Again. Why Do I Love This So Much?!
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: Out Now

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: Out Now

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14


LATEST FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Galak-Z

The Best Upcoming Racing Games of 2014
You've probably only heard of Sony's exclusive Driveclub and Microsoft's exclusive Forza Horizon 2, but don't forget about a few others.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP KevinS
RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)
By KevinS
Posted on 08/14/14
Robin Williams (1951-2014) Robin Williams was an absolutely exceptional comedian, talented actor, and holder of a special place in video game history: He was the first really famous gamer I know of. I’m sure there were others, but they kept a comparatively low profile, unlike one...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
|OT| Battlefield 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I will purchase Battlefield 3 and play with other Revolutionaries on....
PC
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
PS3
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Xbox 360
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Tiger Handheld
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Author Message
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz


Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 5224

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, love Jim Sterling.....


Carry on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eyebrowsbv31
xXRaNd_PaUl_420Xx


Joined: 24 Nov 2005
Posts: 2831

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrived today. Will be playing it tonight and tomorrow. Woot.

EDIT: Fuck you origin. So you get the retail, disk version. Does origin recognize the disks, as steam does, and install them using your disk drive?

OF COURSE FUCKING NOT! THIS IS EA YOU IDIOT. WE DON'T DO WHAT MAKES SENSE!

So I have to download it, painfully slow. .1% every 2-5 seconds basically.

I'll be playing tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
Destructoid is full of s***. They treat their scores like jokes and offer up controversial opinions like prime rib. Look around the internet. NO ONE is giving Kirby's Return to Dreamland a 10 or even close to it.

Now I'm not one to say that reviewers should stick to popular opinion. Quite to the contrary (although I suppose my scores tend to slip in to "popular" territory more often than not). Regardless, no one should manipulate scores to "prove a point."

Let's take a look at this one for example:
http://www.destructoid.com/review-deadly-premonition-165168.phtml
I know a lot of people enjoyed that game (Longo) but are you f****** kidding me?


Reviews should be nothing more than the reviewers opinion of the game. NOTHING ELSE.

That's what that was.
Reviews are glorified nowadays, which is why Metacritic is a plague.
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Delorean88
Lone Pine Loner


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 548

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So been playing BF3 yesterday and today, the campaign is actually enjoyable DICE did good (I only say that since BF hasn't really had singleplayer since Bad Companies), haven't finished it but I feel like I have two or three missions then I'm done. Short but fun campaign. THe multiplayer is amazing, had my first jet battle today and after a number of dog fights later got my first jet kill and felt so accomplished. Flying jets is tough when you don't have counter-measures. Multiplayer wise I think BF3 is more enjoyable than COD but I realize they are two different styles of gameplay but I would find myself playing BF3 for much longer than MW3. Campaign wise I'd have to wait for MW3 to release to compare.

I realize than I just brought up a MW3 vs BF3 thing, I just wanted to mention that one aspect I'm not trying to actually blah blah this or bash blah blah that
_________________
Icepick wrote:
Urban Dictionary defines Icepick as:
The act of kicking a girl in the vagina after f****** her so as to cause extreme discomfort and swelling, therefore giving her the inability to ever get pleasure from sex again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delorean88 wrote:
So been playing BF3 yesterday and today, the campaign is actually enjoyable DICE did good (I only say that since BF hasn't really had singleplayer since Bad Companies), haven't finished it but I feel like I have two or three missions then I'm done. Short but fun campaign. THe multiplayer is amazing, had my first jet battle today and after a number of dog fights later got my first jet kill and felt so accomplished. Flying jets is tough when you don't have counter-measures. Multiplayer wise I think BF3 is more enjoyable than COD but I realize they are two different styles of gameplay but I would find myself playing BF3 for much longer than MW3. Campaign wise I'd have to wait for MW3 to release to compare.

I realize than I just brought up a MW3 vs BF3 thing, I just wanted to mention that one aspect I'm not trying to actually blah blah this or bash blah blah that


Didn't they claim it was.... 10 hours?

anyways, PC or console?
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8883

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
I, for one, love Jim Sterling.....

Don't get me wrong. He's opinionated and he can be funny, but the scoring is off and at the end of the day it feeds far too many trolls and other internet monsters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8883

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheJx4 wrote:
Reviews should be nothing more than the reviewers opinion of the game. NOTHING ELSE.
That's what that was.
Reviews are glorified nowadays, which is why Metacritic is a plague.

Yeah, but scores like that manipulate the system and hurt developers, publishers, and (more importantly) other reviewers. Even if you love a game, you have to judge it for what it is. Here's an example from my work:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/castlevania-lords-of-shadow
If I were really rating the game on my opinion I would have given it an A, but you have to judge everything in the package, including bugs and camera angles and technical faults.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
TheJx4 wrote:
Reviews should be nothing more than the reviewers opinion of the game. NOTHING ELSE.
That's what that was.
Reviews are glorified nowadays, which is why Metacritic is a plague.

Yeah, but scores like that manipulate the system and hurt developers, publishers, and (more importantly) other reviewers. Even if you love a game, you have to judge it for what it is. Here's an example from my work:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/castlevania-lords-of-shadow
If I were really rating the game on my opinion I would have given it an A, but you have to judge everything in the package, including bugs and camera angles and technical faults.


Honestly, I'm just not a fan of scores being averaged.
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8883

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else looking to add people to their Battlelog?

Throw my name on there:
danielrbischoff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eyebrowsbv31
xXRaNd_PaUl_420Xx


Joined: 24 Nov 2005
Posts: 2831

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nhartmann31 I think. Origin is the worst.

Complaints: Every time you finish a scripted battle, there's a hard lag as it loads the next scripted segment. The story is down right idiotic, and why, why god so many QUICKTIME EVENTS. PRESS SPACE NOT TO DIE. NOW E. NOW RIGHT MOUSE.

Seriously, can I like, shoot something? And melee feels pointless because once you get in range they pull you into a scripted sequence with you getting stabbed.

One retarded instance of this was being directed to make a stealth kill, thinking I'd walk up and stab him in the back, I fleetingly ignored a PRESS SPACE TO MELEE quicktime event walked right passed it...and fell over dead. nothing attacked me, no shots fired, no knives stabbed. Just killed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a terrible system, no idea why they would want to use that.

Wait....is it DRM?
and I hate how you have to link your account to Origin, then manually add friends instead of everything being automatic.

*Consoles.
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20775

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
I, for one, love Jim Sterling.....


Carry on.


I also love Destructoid and Jim Sterling. But I'm aware that he can feed the trolls when it comes to his interpretation of scores. I also think he reviews too many games. Like four or five a week, sometimes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3243

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically, I cannot play this right now, because I am unable to install the necessary graphics drives on my system. Nvidia for some reason has removed support for my system from their updates, and thus I have to modify the inf files to make the graphics drivers install. This has apparently worked great for almost everyone in my situation.

Unfortunately for me, I'm having some yet as unidentified problem which causes the installer to fail out when trying to install the Nvidia control panel. Long story short, it isn't working, and I want to kill something right now.

Nvidia of course won't help, since they don't support my shit, and Dell has decided to sit on their hands (like always) when it comes to releasing modified drivers that work.

Long story short, I'm in a really, really, bad mood.
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eyebrowsbv31
xXRaNd_PaUl_420Xx


Joined: 24 Nov 2005
Posts: 2831

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO worries nick, the multiplayer doesn't work anyways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3243

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyebrowsbv31 wrote:
NO worries nick, the multiplayer doesn't work anyways.


lol. I was actually able to get by the problem by clicking the close x in the upper right corner of the error message, instead of hitting OK. I guess I'll probably run into problems graphically, and maybe some crashes, but this should hold me over until Dell releases some workable drivers.
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StickyGreenGamer



Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 645

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be online for the XBox tonight if anybody wants to play. Don't have a mic though.

I'll either be using: TERMINATORxBM or Hoggy Hog2

Be kind, let me know who you are please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StickyGreenGamer wrote:
I'm going to be online for the XBox tonight if anybody wants to play. Don't have a mic though.

I'll either be using: TERMINATORxBM or Hoggy Hog2

Be kind, let me know who you are please.


You'd be surprised at how well you can work as a team without a mic.
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CloacalKiss



Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 7446

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think this would happen, but I enjoy BF3 more than BC2! DICE has a ways to go before the console versions are right as rain, though. The potential of this game is so high.

TheJx4 wrote:
You'd be surprised at how well you can work as a team without a mic.


As long as your said "team" goes for the objective and not strictly kills. Too many times I'll be playing Conquest and this seems to be the problem, everyone thinking it's TDM. It pisses me off, playing with friends is very recommended when playing Conquest or Rush.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20775

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am absolutely in love with this game too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloacalKiss wrote:
I didn't think this would happen, but I enjoy BF3 more than BC2! DICE has a ways to go before the console versions are right as rain, though. The potential of this game is so high.

TheJx4 wrote:
You'd be surprised at how well you can work as a team without a mic.


As long as your said "team" goes for the objective and not strictly kills. Too many times I'll be playing Conquest and this seems to be the problem, everyone thinking it's TDM. It pisses me off, playing with friends is very recommended when playing Conquest or Rush.


I only play the Squad variants.
You HAVE to work together.
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum