More Reviews
REVIEWS FIFA 15 Review
After so many mentions of the World Cup, everyone must be soccer experts by now. *sarcasm* Let’s see what we can learn from FIFA 15.

D4 Review
Just another game about a time-traveling detective who deflects knives by spitting bubblegum at them as they fly through the air at full speed. Yep, just another game...
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sunset Overdrive Preview
Microsoft and Insomniac Games have created a new open-world shooter with clear influences from Jet Grind Radio. We went hands-on with the first hour of the game.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: Out Now

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Respawning
By ryanbates
Posted on 09/25/14
I had planned to write something about the Borderlands series, but that will have to wait. I have something I need to get off my chest first. It's very personal, and I hope the two or three of you who follow my sparse blog will spare me this moment. I joked in my review for the bizarre...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So why am i meant to use steam?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: So why am i meant to use steam? Reply with quote

Seriously?

I can either download my 'legal' copy of Portal at 100kb/s at any time of day (have tried 3 times now, always sub-150kb/s) or i can go the 'illegal' way with torrents and get it at 1.2mb/s.

What's the point of buying the game if i can only run it through a crappy, resource hogging program, after downloading an un-compacted file on shitty, slow ass servers?

Starting to wonder why the hell i bothered to put $25 into my steam account. Anyone want anything for like $5 or something?
I'm sure as hell not gonna use it when it takes me 5hrs+ to download something i could get in 5 minutes.
It's all good and well supporting developers, but i'm not going to pay for an inconvenience.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Eyebrowsbv31
xXRaNd_PaUl_420Xx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So instead of paying, ordering and waiting for a pizza of your own you'd rather punch the deliver man at your neighbors door and steal his pizza.

So blame the internet.

Madster, you still fail. Your opitions aren't A. Buy and download and B. pirate it. It's A or don't fucking steal the game before we're all forced to play all games on one super system we have no control over, and then the whole thing falls into a world of shitness.

Christ, do something else. Go outside, ride a bike, have a run, kill some of the rabbits that plague your country.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyebrowsbv31 wrote:
So instead of paying, ordering and waiting for a pizza of your own you'd rather punch the deliver man at your neighbors door and steal his pizza.

Yep, i'd punch him and steal the pizza, instead of putting my own order in at the Melbourne store, waiting for them to grab a plane up, then a train to the closest station to me, and then a Taxi to my house.

And they would still have managed to get here quicker than it takes to download a game from Steam.
I never got their name before. Now i understand. It references a Steam train, and exactly how slow they are.

Still waiting for any valid reason to use Steam.

NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: So why am i meant to use steam? Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
Seriously?

I can either download my 'legal' copy of Portal at 100kb/s at any time of day (have tried 3 times now, always sub-150kb/s) or i can go the 'illegal' way with torrents and get it at 1.2mb/s.

Let's see.... no.

I got 1.5 mb/s today easily. so, try harder.

madster111 wrote:
What's the point of buying the game if i can only run it through a crappy, resource hogging program, after downloading an un-compacted file on shitty, slow ass servers?

Yeah, no.

I think it's funny how you basically pull out all the "i'm a fucking dumbass" stereotypes people who have never used steam try to label it as.

Steam is not a crappy program. Nor is it resource hogging. If you think that, you're either A) a fucking retard, or B) using a computer that is an outdated piece of shit. Please, stfu and stop bitching if it's point B. That's nobody's fault but your own.

And I really don't know why you get such bad connections. I honestly don't care either. It's definitely not the fault of steam, as most people don't suffer 100 kb/s as you do.

Quote:
I'm sure as hell not gonna use it when it takes me 5hrs+ to download something i could get in 5 minutes.
It's all good and well supporting developers, but i'm not going to pay for an inconvenience.

Pay for an incovenience? Really? Shit madster I'm really fucking tired of reading you come up with absolute shit justifications to get around the inconveinence of actually having to pay for shit you use. So what if you can't play the game immediately. Wait a fucking day. It won't kill you. I promise.

So stop bitching. Seriously. Nobody FUCKING cares.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want Madster you could give me The Longest Journey. I've always got a sweet spot for point and click adventure games.

As for valid reasons to use Steam? I suppose it's either Steam or invasive DRM that either won't install the game on to the computer if you happen to have a burner or limits that times you could install it on to the machine.

But I'm not going to lie though, Steam can cause problems with games. I learned that with New Vegas.

http://segmentnext.com/2010/10/19/fallout-new-vegas-errors-crashes-freezes-fixes/

and

http://geekmontage.com/texts/fallout-new-vegas-game-fixes-crashes-audio-issues-lag-saving/

Empire: Total War did the whole "downloading to the HDD instead of installing from the disk" problem when I tried to get it to work. Steam's also why Half-Life 2 didn't get an A in Game Revolution.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjim2000 wrote:
If you want Madster you could give me The Longest Journey. I've always got a sweet spot for point and click adventure games.

As for valid reasons to use Steam? I suppose it's either Steam or invasive DRM that either won't install the game on to the computer if you happen to have a burner or limits that times you could install it on to the machine.

Do you have Dreamfall?
Package deal with the original is cool.

Nick, it sits in the background while you try to play games.
I'm using a cheap laptop, as are a ton of people these days, and i don't need a bloody program sitting in the background using ram and cycles while i'm trying to run something graphically intense.

cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have Dreamfall but the combo deal is tempting.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjim2000 wrote:
I don't have Dreamfall but the combo deal is tempting.

What's your steam name? I'll send you the combo.

cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zamza_ghoststalker

and thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: