More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

LATEST FEATURES An Updating List of PlayStation 4 Updates We Want
Sony and Microsoft have been updating their consoles regularly, but we wanted to share our own ideas for updating the PS4 firmware.

An Updating List of Xbox One Updates We Want
Microsoft has launched Xbox One and done its best to follow Sony's lead and its even secured some exclusive software, but we want more.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Official Thread Rules and Regulations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Official Thread Rules and Regulations Reply with quote

With our fair forum growing larger and more populated (again, finally, thank the lord they won't be deleted). It's time to lay some ground rules and make a few changes to hopefully streamline the boards and make them more user friendly for our newest community memebers:

The first of these new Rules and Regulations is the Official Thread. One thread to rule them all blah, blah, blah. But seriously here's the rules in the order you'll need to understand when creating your awesome thread!

1) When giving your new thread a title, please label it first with |OT| then the game's title and then, if you want to put a little english on it, something funny that will fit in the thread subject character limit.

2)The very first line of your new Official Thread should just be the game's title AND a link to the game's page in GameRevolution's database. This may seem really fucking stupid. I know. But these are the GameRevolution forums and you all are Revolutionaries so I expect a little unity and loyalty. I don't think that's too much to ask.

3)This is where you start having some choice. It's your OT, I'm not about to tell you what to do every step of the way. There are a handful of items that I (personally) am requesting you do when creating your OT and after the subject line and the link to the game's page in our database, I don't care where you go from here:
Please include, in your own order, the following items:
-the game's release date
-the platforms the game will be available on (if it's a multiplatform game)
-the game's box art
-a screen shot... or... two.... please no more than four.
-an EXTREMELY brief description of the game IN YOUR OWN WORDS, no copypasta
-links to preview, news, media (from GameRevolution first) ((If we haven't covered it, I don't care, but if we have, please link to our post, again GR blah blah you're part of us blah blah))

Finally, and this a rule I've already exercised without TheJx4 even knowing it was a rule:
Please don't post "|OT| The Blah Game" and then have "coming soon" in the body of the thread. If you're going to post an Official Thread, do it when you've got the time.

We may be growing activity, but no one is like... fighting tooth and nail for these threads.

Finally final: If you're creating and OT for a multiplatform game, post it in GENERAL GAMING because leaving it in the PS3 forum is just plain stupid.

Let's look a thread that is just plain overkill, needless, and frankly has no place in our forums at this stage in the game: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441093
WOW! That is some crazy work for something that's admittedly just bull shit for people to have fun with.

Please let me or any admin know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Nintendo All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: