More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Hyrule Warriors Preview
Nintendo and the brains behind the Dynasty Warriors franchise stress that this game is not part of the main Zelda timeline, but I don’t see why that will keep it from becoming a fan favorite.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Madden NFL 15
Release date: Out Now

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

LATEST FEATURES A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!

inFamous: First Light Battle Arena Hints, Strategies, Tips [Stream Over]
Watch as I build out our feature of useful tactics for players in Sucker Punch's wave-based and arcade-awesome arena mode.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What was the last movie you watched?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LawnGnome wrote:
Just saw Django Unchained. 5/5

Nowhere near my favorite Tarantino film overall, but the performances in it were some of the best of all his films (specifically Jackson & DiCaprio). I didn't think the rap music or ending went against the rest of the film at all. The whole thing is just one giant homage to Blaxploitation & Spaghetti Westerns, and despite the subject matter it never takes itself that seriously.

Laughing
Gunner37
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Django Unchained 4/5

Very much enjoyed it thought it was a good movie a bit long and gets a little stale at some points but overall great movie especially Christoph Waltz's performance
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les Mis
4/5

Great performances all around. Awesome voices too, but I just wished Russel Crowe sung with some conviction.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
used44

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Odd Life of Timothy Green

A really bananas movie. So weird. We watched it in anticipation of listening to the How Did This Get Made? podcast break it down. We'll listen to that tomorrow night, probably. http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-odd-life-of-timothy-green/
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EarWolf? So Alaskans use wolves like we use Apple products?
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

end of watch

i cried.... excellent movie.

4.8/5

replaces training day for me for showing the gritty reality of the streets
GiftedMonkey
Very Special Forces

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a beast of a winter recently, in other words, ideal weather for staying in and watching a movie. Here's what I've been up to recently:

Silver Linings Playbook

4.5/5

OK, so I had to leave the house for this one. But it was worth it! David O. Russel is an excellent filmmaker, his movies have this...momentum to them, where you just gottawatch to see what's gonna happen next, whether what you're watching is funny, scary, tense, emotional...An excellent movie, it might have earned a spot on my top 5 list for the best of 2012 topic.

---

God Bless America

1.5/5

Yeah, no. Too try-hard, too "edgy," not a good movie. If you are interested in seeing it, just watch the trailer on youtube, you can get the gist of the movie and see all of the best parts.

---

Dredd

2.5/5

Okay, which one you numbskulls said this was a good movie? There were some cool parts, but there was some stupid crap too. I think this may have been the most average movie I have ever seen. If you ranked every movie ever made, from best to worst, this one would be right in the middle. Any movie better than it is a good movie, and any movie worse than it is a bad movie.

---

Ted

3/5

It was pretty good. For better or worse, it was not unlike watching a really long episode of Family Guy. Very Bostonian.
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I liked God Bless America - maybe a 3/5 highest, 2/5 lowest. Meh.

Just saw Zero Dark Thirty. Great flick, but dunno if Chastain deserved all the hype she got. She was the main char in a great film... in that case Jamie Foxx should be getting awards too. Awesome action, high profile meetings, everything you'd expect from CIA propoganda. Anyway 4/5.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the middle of watching Lost in Translation again. I've seen it maybe twice before, but no more. It's been some years since the last time I saw it.
Love going back through great films and dissecting the nuance. Also, Bill Murray is God, so there's that.
But yeah, Scarlett's role, and the acting in her role, is very particular. I'm at the scene where Bill's character has slept with the lounge singer and Scarlett's pouty in the restaraunt, where the frustration between both is as obvious as how much they still care for one another through it all. Fantastic stuff seeing the characters re-develop on a 2nd (and 3rd) watch through.

Would watch again.
Gunner37
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Green Mile again for the hundredth time and still one of my favorite movies
Sightless

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Bless America was kinda annoying to me. I got the point of the movie from the start, and then I imagine the rest as people going "lol so true!" identifying anything they've felt unreasonably irritated by. It wasn't the worst movie ever, and it's not like I cringed throughout the whole movie (just some parts! :p), but I have no desire to see it again.

Lost in Translation is such a pretty movie. I am in love with Scarlett Johansson...

I watched the Green Mile once and a half, I think. I know I'll get bananas tossed at me, but I don't think I got the fuss about it. I would watch it again, though, and enjoy it just as much.
I sprinkle sand into the waters of night. The grains burn as they fall, reminding me of another in times long passed away. I watched him even then as he fell, his face undefeated, his eyes still proud.
used44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Green Mile

Sightless wrote:
bananas tossed at me

Racist.
Sightless

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, what the hell?

I thought we were all into Asians here.
I sprinkle sand into the waters of night. The grains burn as they fall, reminding me of another in times long passed away. I watched him even then as he fell, his face undefeated, his eyes still proud.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last movie I watched at the cinema was Les Misérables, which I thought was gonna be a weird movie but it turned out to be an incredible movie. Saw it while over in America on an iMAX screen.

On the way home back to Australia I watched some movies on the plane, including Ted, The Expendables 2, The Dark Knight Rises, Pitch Perfect and Cars.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched Cabin in the Woods.

I <3 Joss Weadon.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Lost In Translation, lol. For the third time, I caught it on TV. And everytime I see it I get a desire to travel to Tokyo and sing karaoke.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoolander.

I had never seen it before. And had I not had a flask of whiskey with me, I doubt I would see it again.

Second half was good. First half... not so much. I never once had a moment of intense laughter, but it was alright. Very predictable, but still good enough.
Very Special Forces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Zoolander.

I had never seen it before. And had I not had a flask of whiskey with me, I doubt I would see it again.

Second half was good. First half... not so much. I never once had a moment of intense laughter, but it was alright. Very predictable, but still good enough.

Funny you should say that, this week the A.V. Club did a feature on Zoolander, as part of the New Cult Canon http://www.avclub.com/articles/zoolander-refuses-to-let-satire-interfere-with-its,92138/. Their take: It adds up to little more than the sum of its parts, which fortunately is one funny set-piece after another. In other words, its a perfect movie to catch on cable and watch for an hour, to see the funny stuff and not get caught up in the threadbare plot.

Anyways, I like it. OBEY MY DOG still cracks me up.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Chernobyl Diaries

2.5/5

It had its moments, but I kept catching myself looking at the player timer to see how much longer til the end.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highlander: Search for Vengeance

I get that you're supposed to sort of dislike how stubborn Colin is, but fuck me, I hate that his stubbornness is helped by random deus ex machina. Other than that, amazing.

Wreck It Ralph

I didn't cry. Nope. Not at all. Never.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 61 of 111
Jump to: