More Reviews
REVIEWS ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red Review
"Unlimited World Red"? More like "Sorta Limited Town and Extended Areas... Red. And Blue. And Some Yellow."

Magic 2015: Duels of the Planesw Review
Flirting with disaster year after year, Duels of the Planewalkers has unfortunately overplayed its hand.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Hand of Fate Preview
Dungeons & Dragons mixed with the Batman: Arkham series... wait, what?!
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

Hohokum
Release date: 08/12/14

Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: 08/19/14

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: 08/19/14

LATEST FEATURES Women in the World of Villainy: Achieving the 50/50 Split
We're getting more women in our video games narratives, but why do men still make up the majority of enemies?

The Four Remaining Halo 2 Multiplayer Maps That Deserve a Remake
The Master Chief Collection is getting a total of six remade multiplayer maps from Halo 2 and we know two of them already.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What was the last movie you watched?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Wreck It Ralph

I didn't cry. Nope. Not at all. Never.

Why would you cry?
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:
Wreck It Ralph

Why would you cry?

Because I have a soul.
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here comes the boom

was what i expected it to be.. i enjoyed it. just a good old fashioned feel good movie with some laughs.

3/5 in the grand scheme of things, 4/5 for being what i expected it to be

i love kevin james because king of queens is my favorite TV show ever, so some bias points in there. even though 95% of his other movies are incredibly terrible.
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craigslist Joe
Documentary about a guy from San Fran who goes on a cross country trip completely funded and housed by the people he meets over Craigslist. The film's goal is to invigorate and appeal to a broader sense of community to show that, yes, even in 2011, with the advancements in tech and a willingness to become even more self-absorbed, our society can show complete strangers compassion, providing food and lodge ...provided they're filming a documentary, cameraman in tow, about said issues.

It's cool if you're into road trip stories, and i'm into that. The people he meets and the relationships he makes along the way take a back seat to his own self-discovery, save for one man who drives Craigslist Joe back to California which provides the only touching moment of the film imo. Those two hit it off spectacularly - they even take a short side-trip to Mexico - and it's genuinely sad watching two people who've only known one another for 2 days having to leave each other after having bonded so strongly during their short time together. It's a beautifully odd part of the movie, but also my favorite part; it's the only time you see him bond with anyone throughout the movie.

So I liked it.

3.5/5
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
UghRochester wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:
Wreck It Ralph

Why would you cry?

Because I have a soul.
I almost cried during Over the Hedge. I know that feel bro.

o--(^-^)--o
GiftedMonkey
Very Special Forces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna keep this up until the weather improves.

Lawless

Fact-based account of a family of bootleggers in Prohibition-era Virginia. It was beautifully shot and had good music, and featured the always-watchable Jessica Chastain, but it lacked a certain something to elevate it to "epic crime drama" status.

---

Sin Nombre

A Mexican film about a young woman seeking a better life and a young man escaping his own violent past, whose paths cross on a train headed to el norte. A mix of brutality, beauty, and heartbreak.

---

Paths of Glory

One of Stanley Kubrick's first movies, from way back in 1957, its part war movie and part courtroom drama. An officer in the French army defends his troops when they are tried for cowardice following a botched operation in the stalemated trenches of World War I. Not quite as good as I was hoping, considering the pedigree. It did a good enough job of showing how the people at the bottom get screwed whenever the middle management starts their politicking.

---

Looper

I missed this one when it came out in theaters, so I was excited to finally see it. And I'm glad to say, it did not disappoint. Loved all the allusions to the passage of time, the future, and our present actions affecting the future. Also, I loved the way the future was portrayed. Example: On the streets we see hoverbikes (awesome! The future is going to kick ass!) and present- era jalopies outfitted to run on solar power (why not? Of course we see 30 year old cars on the road today). Another example: the juxtaposition of newfangled futuristic technology and people doing things the way we have always done them. Specifically, when we first meet our female lead, she is out in a field, chopping up a stump...then she primes and launches some sort of drone (cropdusting drone, maybe?). The finest science-fiction film I've seen since District 9.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
UghRochester wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:
Wreck It Ralph

Why would you cry?

Because I have a soul.

Same thing, that one scerne was gut-wrenching. You know which one.
drathbone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:
UghRochester wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:
Wreck It Ralph

Why would you cry?

Because I have a soul.

Same thing, that one scerne was gut-wrenching. You know which one.

Honestly not sure what scene you guys are talking about, nothing sticks out even the first youtube hit. Now the scene from UP, oh man. cry everytim
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a movie, but I caught up on the entire second season of the Walking Dead on Netflix...in two days. Man, that was an intense season.

Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A beautiful film with a great story. Definitely recommend. 4.5/5
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Life of Pi is on my list

It doesn't get any manlier than this. 139 minutes of white knuckle feels. Really dig the writing, how two people from completely different circumstances can relate to one another so easily, sharing so much in common, even if what they have in common the most is their journey through drug abuse. A refreshing take on the highly functional alcoholic, drug dependent.
Total guy's guy movie, reminding me a lot of American Beauty in that regard.
and having a great soundtrack never hurts.

4.5 / 5
GiftedMonkey
Very Special Forces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last 3 movies I saw, presented in Academy Award nominated Oscar Razzle-Dazzle Format!

Pitch Perfect

Starring Academy Award-nominated Anna Kendrick,* best known for the 2009 Academy Award nominated film Up in the Air**, and Rebel Wilson, fresh from her role in the Academy Award-nominated Bridesmaids, Pitch Perfect is the story of a iconoclastic young woman trying to fit in with a college a capella group. GiftedMonkey, of the gamerevolution.com forums, said

Quote:
It was allright. Your girlfriend will probably like it, and you will tolerate it. But how can you have a movie about college a capella groups with no Ben Folds Five songs? The people who made this movie must have never set foot on a college campus.

*Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Up in the Air (2009)
**Nominated for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Actor, and Best Supporting Actress
***Nominated for Best Original Screenplay and Best Supporting Actress

The Shining

From Academy-Award winning director Stanley Kubrick*, comes a masterpiece of modern horror. While looking after the supposedly haunted Overlook Hotel, Jack Torrance (Academy Award winner Jack Nicholson**) is driven to madness. Based on the novel by Stephen King. GiftedMonkey says

Quote:
Possibly the greatest horror movie ever made. Everything about it--the camerawork, the performances, the direction--unbeatable. It reminds us that every so often, a movie comes out that requires more on the part of the viewer to just watch it. You have to really digest this one. On a related note, there is an upcoming documentary called Room 237 about the various messages and codes supposedly inserted into the movie by Kubrick, according to a group of obsessive viewers.

*Best Special Effects, 2001: A Space Odyssey
**Best Actor, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, As Good As It Gets, Best Supporting Actor, Terms of Endearment

Flight

Starring Academy Award winnerDenzel Washington * as an airline pilot struggling with his own demons, Flight has been nominated for two Academy Awards.** It is Academy Award nominated director Robert Zemeckis's*** first live action movie in twelve years. GiftedMonkey says:

Quote:
First off, the plane crash is intense. The problem with putting something like that at the start of the film, is that the rest of it has to follow it. I would have been more interested in learning more about the crash itself and the steps the pilot took to save the day rather than the loads of wanton self-destruction we are treated to, but the story of a man battling a life of addiction is powerful stuff.

*Best Actor, Training Day, Best Supporting Actor, Glory
**Best Actor, Best Original Screenplay
***Best Director, Forrest Gump

Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap is Taken 2 a steaming pile.

danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to go see Life of Pi in the theater the other day, but it started to get crowded and some asshole yelled at us to move our shit out of the seat next to us before the trailers even rolled.

So we left.

1/5
used44

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawless

Waaaaaaay better than I anticipated. I was expecting some bullshit Shia movie but it's really great. About halfway through I realized it's one of my favorite directors John Hillcoat. I thought "oh maybe that explains why I like it so much (and why it's so full of Australian actors).
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Four Year Plan

5/5 - if your inerested in the inner workings of a atheltic club (business, relationships, and scandal)
4.5/5 if you like documentaries

About the QPR and their climb back into the premiership

"We Want our Rangers back! We Want our Rangers back! We Want our Rangers back! We Want our Rangers back!
We Want our Rangers back! We Want our Rangers back! We Want our Rangers back! We Want our Rangers back!
We Want our Rangers back! We Want our Rangers back! We Want our Rangers back! We Want our Rangers back!
We Want our Rangers back! We Want our Rangers back! We Want our Rangers back! We Want our Rangers back!"

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
I tried to go see Life of Pi in the theater the other day, but it started to get crowded and some asshole yelled at us to move our shit out of the seat next to us before the trailers even rolled.

So we left.

1/5

what the... really? dude, I would've yelled back.
And you still felt the need to rate the movie, even though you left the theater? dude! Do you rate games? if so, next time phone me first.

GR Reviews GTA V
"Hey, Dan, MOVE YOUR SHIT!"
F-

AAAND they're still playing Life of Pi in theaters where you live? I have so many questions, daniel.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's this MASSIVE theater near me. IMAX and all that shit. Something like 20+ screens, so yeah they play tons of movies. Zero Dark Thirty was there early, lots of midnight movies. I like it because it's kind of an all-hours theater. Seeing a movie opening weekend is best at like 9AM.

I was pretty pissed at the guy, but I kept my cool and told him I was gonna get theater staff and he yelled "GOOD! Go ahead!" and then I stood up and started walking down the stairs. That's when I heard his wife scolding him.

In the end I got a refund and embarrassed the shit out of that asshole in a public place. I'm sure the rest of the movie was torture for him, so it's all good.

And how dare you pre-review GTA V. I've had dibs on that since it was announced.
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, i'm just gonna call you up and yell at you to move your stuff around, negatively influencing the GR ratings system.

Life of Pi could've changed your world outlook, man, you don't even know.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to seeing Skyfall.

And just like that I have a new favorite Bond movie. Seriously, I thought I would never replace Golden Eye.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 62 of 107
Jump to: