More Reviews
REVIEWS Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Rebor Review
Just a small update to the existing review for the PS4 version of the game. What are the benefits to upgrading? Check here to see. ~Ed. Nick Tan

Cut the Rope: Triple Treat Review
Cutting the ropes has never before made gravity so… pricey.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sniper Elite 3 Preview
Sending bullets through the hate.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Release date: 04/29/14

Bound by Flame
Release date: 05/09/14

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Release date: 05/20/14

Drakengard 3
Release date: 05/21/14

LATEST FEATURES The Gaming Charities at PAX East 2014
Pause your game and make a difference. Gamers can go beyond player two by helping many others with these charities.

4 PAX Indie Titles to Look Out For
We've given attention to all the higher profile games at PAX EAST, but now it's time for the indies.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
So much more than war...
By shandog137
Posted on 04/18/14
The recent blog, Peace in the Era of Call of Duty  really made me think about war games that dig deeper than simply a kill streak reward. The first game that came to mind was Spec-Ops: The Line and although I haven’t played it, I began to wonder if it did the war genre as...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What was the last movie you watched?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivory_Soul wrote:
De-Ting wrote:
X-III was United. First Class is a prequal to the first three movies, which are what I was talking about.

Can't wait to see it. Origins was freaking fantastic, but I heard this one isn't as good.
Origins: Wolverine definitely covered more ground. The Wolverine focuses on one specific thing. I wouldn't really put one above the other, though.

o--(^-^)--o
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wolverine

Highlight to read my semi-spoiler two cents and non-linear musings.
Well, I can say it was better that Origins. It did have some good action scenes, but a lot of slow parts too. There was only maybe two places in the whole movie where I sat forward a bit and went, "cool". I do understand that the film is primarily set in Japan and English is likely a second language to the many of the actors, but I gotta say I had trouble understanding some of the dialog.
Viper (Madam Hydra?) reminded me too much of Poison Ivy from Batman and Robin. She wears green, poisons people and seemed to be doing a Uma Thurman as Ivy impression. I saw Harada and was like, "ok, he's going to be the badguy because he'll become Silver Samurai", but instead he just stayed Japanese Hawkeye. As for Silver Samurai, the ONLY thing he can't cut through is adamantium, but that's like the first thing he cuts through in the movie. It was unexpected and cool though.
Bone claws again? Meh, I prefer the blades. The part comes where Wolvie gets to drop an f-bomb...and they just reuse the same line he had in First Class. The coolest part was the after credits with the Days of Future Past setup. But how did Captain Xavier get his body back? If he got a new body, shouldn't he have picked one that could walk?
I better stop before this turns into a Red Letter Media video.

So bottom line, I still liked the film, but it mostly felt kinda like an average action film with Wolverine just plugged into it. My ranking of this summer's comic book films: The Wolverine<Iron Man 3<Man of Steel.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I goofed. X-2 was X-Men United, X-III is Last Stand.

And I also enjoyed the mid-credits teaser. My brother O-faced at that.

o--(^-^)--o
Master_Craig
Wannabe Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wolverine.

Better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine and I was happy that they essentially made this Wolverine movie a sequel to X-Men 3: The Last Stand rather than a sequel to Origins Wolverine.

That being said, it's honestly not that much better than the Origins Wolverine movie, but it's still a decent movie to watch. Surprisingly, a lot more blood than Origins Wolverine.

Not to spoil anything but my favourite part of the movie was after the ending, the small scene played after the credits (or mid-way basically) as all Marvel movies do.
Wes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I should see The Wolverine? Everyone says it's better than Origins but that's like saying it's better than Batman and Robin.

X-Men 3 and Wolverine Origins was so bad I was going to wait for Blu-Ray/Netflix. First Class was surprisingly amazing but it was also very different from the previous films.

Is The Wolverine as good as First Class?
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
Is The Wolverine as good as First Class?

No it is not. It's not bad, definitely better than Origins, but for me at least it wasn't anything amazing. I speak at length about the film a few posts above, but of course it's full of spoilers. I'll just reiterate my closing statement regarding this summer's comicbook films: The Wolverine<Iron Man 3<Man of Steel.
Master_Craig
Wannabe Artist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wolverine is certainly better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but I reckon X-Men: First Class is the best X-Men movie so far.

Check out The Wolverine, you'll probably like it but no, it's not as good as First Class.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drive

Was an interesting flick. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from it, but I loved the way they made the protagonist basically autistic, or at least socially inept. But besides that, everything was really damn good. I can see why so many people rave about this movie. Not the best movie ever, but still worth a view.

Casablanca

Okay, this is a timeless one that I feel bad for not watching ages ago, but holy shit this movie was amazing. Like, amazingly acted, such fantastic writing, what can I say about this that hasn't already been said. Fuck.
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:

Casablanca

Okay, this is a timeless one that I feel bad for not watching ages ago, but holy shit this movie was amazing. Like, amazingly acted, such fantastic writing, what can I say about this that hasn't already been said. Fuck.

Yea, the acting in it was great. Everyone. I'm always surprised by this especially because 70's, 80's, & 90's actors had flicks like this as a template and still had shitty movies and TV shows.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous how this movie from the midst of a war can have such flawless acting throughout the whole thing, and yet movies with amazing directors later can still have bad acting.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because nowadays acting is secondary to name recognition. Gotta have Mark Wahlberg in your movie to sell tickets, yo!

Even in animated films. Saw a sign for Turbo that had a picture of the snail with the name Ryan Reynolds above it. I totally wasn't gonna take my kids to that movie but once I saw Green Lantern was the voice of the snail, holy shit! We gotta go see it now!
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Reynolds... Great actor but raping comic book characters one movie at a time. Oh Deadpool, if only the fans knew what was to become of you on the big screen.

Which brings me to Wolverine. I saw it last Tuesday but i've been too busy to check in here. I guess there really isn't much to be said that hasn't already. Go in with the low expectations from Origins like I did and you'll have a blast.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Ryan Reynolds defense, I felt that Green Lantern was more a victim of shoddy writing than acting, and the Deadpool abomination was played by a different actor. I actually think that his portrayal of Wade Wilson was one of the few redeeming factors of Origins. I'd still be fine with him taking on the role if Deadpool got his own film or (more likely) as part of the team in X-Force.
C_nate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys think he's great? I'm not so sure about that one. I mean, he's not terrible, but he's just the same personality regardless of his role. Granted, I have not seen every movie he's ever done but it seems like he is forever typecast as the wise-cracking smartass who always has a sarcastic quip ready. Not really much "range" there as I think they call it.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call him great, but I still like him as an actor. For range, I suggest the 2005 Amityville Horror remake.
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously you fools havent seen Smoking Aces. Everyone in that film delivered amazing performances - Ryan Reynolds included.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch Urbz, I had forgot that one.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw The Wolverine last weekend. I thought it was pretty good - definitely a ton better than origins. My only gripe was that the last 3rd of the movie felt really sloppy, and that's the only let down. The twist wasn't much of a twist (saw it coming a mile away), and it really could have been done a lot better. Other than that, I thought it was fun, and nice to see some character development.

Also, the actress who plays Jean Grey - absolutely zero chemistry with Hugh Jackman, which left her scenes kind of pointless and unbelievable.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wolverine

Everything Paradox said. 3.5-4/5
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wolverine

Yeah, everything there is to say has been said. Gets a little weird in the last third, but besides that was really enjoyable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 80 of 99
Jump to: