More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Lara Croft and the Temple of Osi Preview
Lara Croft takes another crack at the isometric adventure, and this time she makes Egypt angry.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Madden NFL 15
Release date: Out Now

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

LATEST FEATURES A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!

inFamous: First Light Battle Arena Hints, Strategies, Tips [Stream Over]
Watch as I build out our feature of useful tactics for players in Sucker Punch's wave-based and arcade-awesome arena mode.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What was the last movie you watched?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.5 out of 5

One of the best crime thrillers ever made. I forgot just how good this movie is. I last saw it around the time it first came out which was nearly 20 years ago. God damn that makes me sound old.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered my tickets for kick ass 2!!!!!!! first movie ive been excited for in ages, well really excited. was pretty pumped to see Elysium.

reviews so far on kickass 2 are so so but i dont care, it'll be entertaining as hell i'm sure.

also have never seen Heat, will watch. dunno why I haven't
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to see Elysium tonight despite what the reviews are about. Never watched District 9, so I might like this. I'm going to see Kick-Ass 2 next week alone, because none of my friends watched (or want to watch for that matter) Kick-Ass.
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
I'm going to see Elysium tonight despite what the reviews are about. Never watched District 9, so I might like this. I'm going to see Kick-Ass 2 next week alone, because none of my friends watched (or want to watch for that matter) Kick-Ass.

kick ass is my number one favorite movie of all time.

as for Elysium, i'm sure its a great movie. it just isn't very deep, just expect good action with an average story and i'm sure you won't be disappointed.

i wanted to see it last weekend but got busy, and kickass 2 beats it out this weekend. so hopefully next weekend.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
as for Elysium, i'm sure its a great movie. it just isn't very deep, just expect good action with an average story and i'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Yeah, that's not far off for a description of the movie.

I really liked Kick-Ass, so hopefully I'll get to see it in theaters. I'm moving to NYC tomorrow, so I'm going to be a bit busy with that for a while.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Elysium for their new approach of what happens if we get too populated and their view of how the wealthiest would screw everybody. Other than that, I almost fell asleep. I do have one thing to share (If your head blown up and is magically reconstructed by advance technology, the hair should be removed. The guy's face is remade with his full beard! GTFO!)
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well tbh, Ugh you're the final nail in the coffin of me seeing Elysium in theaters. will be waiting to watch at home.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like kick ass 2 is unanimously loved by normal movie goers and unanimously hated by critics.

prepared to love it.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
well tbh, Ugh you're the final nail in the coffin of me seeing Elysium in theaters. will be waiting to watch at home.

Trust me, that's a good plan.

As for me, I watched Flashpoint Paradox.

It was pretty damn good. Not the best DC animated feature, mostly because Superman and Aquaman both look RETARDED, but it does a great job retelling the Flashpoint universe.
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kick ass 2 isnt half the movie the original was, but was still very enjoyable. but i dont think id even buy it on blu ray, and kick ass the original is my favorite movie of all time.

it just doesn't have the style the original did. 100% clearly different directors. action scenes in the original were very stylish and well shot, the whole thing just felt far more fluid and well put together.

this one as a lot messier, and felt a lot more like a typical action movie. but I still quite enjoyed it.

was no more violent than the original, but a few scenes/comments were just unnecessary and over the top imo. trying to push the envelope further for no reason.
Affen
Freedom Runner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walk Hard. I really like the music from the eras it was parodying, so it was fun to spot the references.

50 / 50

Where and when the hell did all these great Joseph GL movies come out? Kinda guessed what was going to happen from the start, but still very enjoyable.
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm supposed to be seeing "Now You See Me" tonight, so I'll post later about that. Razz
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up seeing Now You See Me last night. I liked it, it was a clever movie.

I want to see Kick Ass 2 next.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
kick ass 2 isnt half the movie the original was.

W-what?
intoTheRain wrote:
but was still very enjoyable.

Oh.
intoTheRain wrote:
but i dont think id even buy it on blu ray, and kick ass the original is my favorite movie of all time.

W-what?

intoTheRain wrote:
it just doesn't have the style the original did. 100% clearly different directors. action scenes in the original were very stylish and well shot, the whole thing just felt far more fluid and well put together.

this one as a lot messier, and felt a lot more like a typical action movie. but I still quite enjoyed it.

Yeah, the camera angles and gore wasn't as well made in this one as the Kick-Ass. However, the story was great and had laughable moments. I saw it by myself and if something makes me laugh while I'm alone, good for them!

intoTheRain wrote:
was no more violent than the original, but a few scenes/comments were just unnecessary and over the top imo. trying to push the envelope further for no reason.

I know it's your own opinion, but I saw nothing unnecessary.

Overall, Kick-Ass 2 is a pretty damn good movie. I liked it as much as the first one. Screw what the reviewers say how it's not as good. I liked to think of them as equals.
SPOILERS! HIGHLIGHT I seriously didn't think they would had much to go on after the first film. Even the ending of the first film cliff hanged Red Mist wanting revenge and that's obviously what the film would be about, but I was wrong. It's more than just revenge. It's super heroes teaming up. When Justice Forever did this first true mission, that's what I really enjoyed. They went into detail more about that and I loved the cooperation. The thing I didn't like was Hit-Girl not being shown as much, but they explained that by having her try to be normal (which she can't.) Also, when those teenage assholes did that prank on her. It tells me how the actress, Chloe Moretz, will act in Carrie and I'm thinking she'll be able to pull that off too from what I saw in the trailer.
This isn't really much of a spoiler, but what annoys me is when they have different actors/actresses playing as someone before. So, the original Todd wasn't in the film. For those interested, he's in a local Sheetz commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqmPxNANrmY Anyone heard of Sheetz? It's a gas station in my area, but they also have sort of a fast food thing as well.
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was pretty sloppy when i wrote that post. ty for pointing it out ugh.

still pretty much would post the same thing sober, it would just make more sense. my review of kick ass 2 was about as well put together as i felt the movie was.

and yes.. it wasnt half the movie the original was but was still a good movie. the first is my favorite film ever, so that works. and no i will probably not buy it on blu ray. i thoroughly enjoyed it but its not a watch again movie for me.

so even though i was drunk, still made sense.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed to hear average things about Kick-Ass 2. I've been looking forward to it for awhile since I also thought the first movie was incredible in its own quirky, surreal and screwed up kinda way. A change in directors will do that though.

Too bad about Todd, I liked the actor in the first movie, he was also the psycho kid in American Horror Story. I hate replacing actors but it was a pretty small role. Not like Rachel in Nolan's Batman trilogy lol.

I'll still see Kick-Ass 2 of course. Sometimes I disagree with the majority of critics so their opinions won't sway me.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:
I'm disappointed to hear average things about Kick-Ass 2. I've been looking forward to it for awhile since I also thought the first movie was incredible in its own quirky, surreal and screwed up kinda way. A change in directors will do that though.

Too bad about Todd, I liked the actor in the first movie, he was also the psycho kid in American Horror Story. I hate replacing actors but it was a pretty small role. Not like Rachel in Nolan's Batman trilogy lol.

I'll still see Kick-Ass 2 of course. Sometimes I disagree with the majority of critics so their opinions won't sway me.

The replacement of Todd REALLY bothered me, I just didn't think it was worth mentioning here. Tate from American Horror story is awesome, and was perfect for that role. The new kid wasn't even noticeable, and was just an afterthought. Just felt like they stuck him in it because they had to. I think if the original Todd was in it it could have changed the movie a lot (for the better). The new guy had no personality so there wasn't a whole lot to work with.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it yet due to my podunk theater not having it yet, but Kick-Ass 2 is only 0.3 points under the original right now on IMDB.

Last edited by Green_Lantern on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd. Big character? Surely you jest.

intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Todd. Big character? Surely you jest.

Never said he was a big character. Just a great character. If the original Todd was in this movie even in the exact same role it would have added a lot of comedy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 82 of 111
Jump to: