More Reviews
REVIEWS Natural Doctrine Review
This actually might be "your dad's" Japanese TRPG, and for those with a hankering for it, that can be a very good thing.

Pokémon Art Academy Review
Nintendo’s handheld gets new drawing tools and lessons for fans of a franchise that has slowly grown into incredible popularity through its richness in character.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved
Release date: Out Now

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Release date: 11/04/14

Far Cry 4
Release date: 11/18/14

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Release date: 11/18/14

LATEST FEATURES 7 Problems With Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX [Hands-on Preview]
For the last time, Aqua, NO I will not go out with you! (Yes, yes I will, actually.)

Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
I Don't Want to, but I Have To...
By oblivion437
Posted on 10/20/14
Well, Gamergate has spilled over into the mainstream media and the coverage appears to be nearly uniformly dreadful. Take " What is Gamergate, and What Does It Say About Gender In Video Games? " by David Konnow as an example.  It appears that the writer has done little to no...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What was the last movie you watched?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 110, 111, 112  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but that's how it was in the comic. Personally I'll take it either way. I mean he got bit by a radioactive spider and go super powers instead of super amounts of cancer. Who am I to complain?

used44

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kings of Summer.

Just really good. Seriously the best movie I've seen in months and months. Brb, going to go buy a copy for everyone I know.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened to a podcast with the director recently. Sounds and looks really good. Going to have to find it.

Saw a pretty cool movie last night too. It's an LDS flick but a pretty cool story and done a lot better than most of the LDS-niche films you see.

GiftedMonkey
Very Special Forces

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kings of Summer was great little movie.

Anyways, last two movies I saw:

Drinking Buddies

A slice of life "mumblecore" movie about a love...quadrangle, I guess you would call it, anchored by two co-workers at a brewery. I liked this one. I liked how it managed to tell a story where there were no "good guys" or "bad guys" and it didn't take sides. It also takes place in Chicago, and I recognized some of the places they were at, which was cool.

Captain Phillips

This was a good one. Pretty crazy that one guy was a cab driver in Minneapolis who had zero acting experience, and now he has an Oscar nomination. I liked the way this one showed us harsh geopolitical realities on a collision course, rather than telling us about them through lame speeches like

Quote:
I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in their Blackhawk helicopters. The infidels fired at the oil fields and they lit up like the eyes of Allah. Burning oil rained down from the sky and cooked everything it touched. I could only hide myself and cry as my goats were consumed by the fiery black liquid death. In the midst of the chaos, I could swear that I heard my goats screaming for help. As quickly as they had come, the infidels were gone. It was on that day I put a jihad on them.

UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offender

3.5/5

I'm a sucker for these british low level thug films.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the LEGO movie today. Pretty excellent. A lot of great references that only adults would ever get.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the new Robocop yesterday. It was alright. I don't remember the original movies too well because I saw them when I was so young so I can't compare them really. I've been told the original Robocop movies are a lot more violent.

It was entertaining enough but there were a few "wtf" moments in the plot and some corny parts, typically. The plot was fairly predictable as well.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Plague Dogs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBxfOvx7QmU

Right in the feels. Definitely an 80's movie, but I can't believe I'd never heard about it.

Also been watching all of the Futurama movies on Netflix.

o--(^-^)--o
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:

Mural

A beautiful Chinese romantic tale of a man walking into a painting finding his true love in the wink of an eye!

4/5!

Smile
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattay... i just... nevermind...
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to watching a timeless classic.

Chinatown

Great stuff, I can't think of a moment where I was bored or there wasn't some part of the mystery being unraveled.

Also, it's amazing how much LA Noire feels like a knock off in this movie, more than other noire films I had felt it copied.

Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the trailer for the upcoming Need for Speed film.

My mate and I were laughing the entire time.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lego Movie

Everything is awesome.

4.5/5
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Finally got around to watching a timeless classic.

Chinatown

Great stuff, I can't think of a moment where I was bored or there wasn't some part of the mystery being unraveled.

Also, it's amazing how much LA Noire feels like a knock off in this movie, more than other noire films I had felt it copied.

Hmm. I may watch it then. I've been wanting to see it but have always put it off since the only Polanski film I've seen (The Ninth Gate) was such a chore to sit through I wasn't sure what to expect. Which is rather silly looking over his credentials.
Lethean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.5/5

Robocop was an entertaining way to spend a couple of hours. The visual effects were good, the acting was pretty decent, it kept some social commentary but tweaked it a little to poke fun at modern day politics. It felt like it was lacking though. Near the end of the film when Murphy went to get revenge on his attempted murderer it felt like the movie was finally finding it's groove but then just 30 minutes later it was over. The pacing was a little jumbled I suppose. One of the film's greatest strengths was delving deeper into Murphy's relationship with his wife and son. Verhoeven managed to pull emotion out of very few flashbacks in the original but Padila had just as much if not more emotional resonance through a larger focus on the family dynamics.

I'd recommend it but you won't be missing anything if you wait for the dvd/blu ray.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I make my girlfriend go see Robocop with me? We both just saw The Lego Movie which was indeed awesome. Best part was the practical animations and the soundtrack my Mark Motherbaughenflaughendraugh. Great story too, where the little Lego guy doesn't mean shit in his own universe but frankly I HATED HATED HATED the way the movie climaxes.

If you don't want it spoiled, stop reading this post.

Basically the dad is a huge dick, wants to super glue all the legos because he's a huge dick and doesn't think he's special or meaningful, then the kid has to tell him "no, dad, you're special" What the fuck is this shit? No kid should have to tell their stupid middle-manager dad that he's not a total failure and that he's actually supporting the child who needs his love and support. What kind of bull crap movie is this?

Oh wait, it's a kids movie about a toy that dads and kids can share and they really want to sell some of those expensive lego sets to moviegoers.

Still, great flick. 4/5
Lethean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I mean you could do worse than Robocop that's for sure. It's entertaining enough. If you go see it at the movies though I suggest seeing a matinee and not paying 13 bucks or whatever your theater charges.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally thought the ending to Lego Movie was awesome. It was less that his dad wasn't feeling special, it's just that he had given up his creative spark. He simply followed the instructions and didn't want anything to be changed. And that was causing him to grow apart from his son, which was the important part of it. I mean, from the beginning, the most special, most important, most interesting person in the entire world was his father.
More than anything, though, I just didn't expect that whole ending to happen. And it was pretty big, so I'm coloring it out, DAN.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! This isn't the last one I watched but saw it recently and have to share it:

1.5/5

Complete and utter shit. I mean really, this movie has very little good going for it. It has Aaron Eckhart..So there's that. And Miranda Otto. And a kind of pretty blonde lady. Other than that it is a steaming, stinking, blue filtered, cheesy pile of shit. Seriously. Not even your inner, angst ridden 16 year old goth will enjoy this.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image doesn't load, but I know he's talking about Frankenstein based on "pretty blonde lady" Miranda from Mass Effect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 110, 111, 112  Next
Page 92 of 112
Jump to: