More Reviews
REVIEWS Fantasia: Music Evolved Review
Harmonix's rhythm game based on the Sorceror's Apprentice provided a fun experience of arm-wavy controlling goodness. It also made me want to play Rock Band again.

Natural Doctrine Review
This actually might be "your dad's" Japanese TRPG, and for those with a hankering for it, that can be a very good thing.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved
Release date: Out Now

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Release date: 11/04/14

Far Cry 4
Release date: 11/18/14

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Release date: 11/18/14

LATEST FEATURES 7 Problems With Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX [Hands-on Preview]
For the last time, Aqua, NO I will not go out with you! (Yes, yes I will, actually.)

Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
I Don't Want to, but I Have To...
By oblivion437
Posted on 10/20/14
Well, Gamergate has spilled over into the mainstream media and the coverage appears to be nearly uniformly dreadful. Take " What is Gamergate, and What Does It Say About Gender In Video Games? " by David Konnow as an example.  It appears that the writer has done little to no...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What was the last movie you watched?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 110, 111, 112  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
More than anything, though, I just didn't expect that whole ending to happen. And it was pretty big, so I'm coloring it out, DAN.

Shit, thank you for editing. I didn't mean to spoil it, I just hated the way the son has to help the dad when that's really not how it's supposed to be at all. Creative spark or not at least let your kid play with the fucking legos and stop being a whiny douche Will Ferrell. When you explain it, sure it makes sense that way, but it didn't mesh with my view on father-son relationships in the way I felt like it perverted the "truer" sense of what it means to be a dad/what it means to be a son (again, at least to me). I still did not expect to enjoy The Lego Movie as much as I did.
I guess if I had to explain my feelings a different way I'd say Will Ferrell's character really should have never had a child. If his response to adulthood and fatherhood is to hide away in the basement playing with toys because he feels so stifled by his job and the stresses of cushy salaried middle-management, then he should never have fathered that child in the first place. The idea is obviously that kids and parents should have a mutual relationship, but to hang the entire premise of the kids movie on Will Ferrell's refusal to accept the role of father felt like a betrayal to me.

Of course, I might just be revealing a whole mess of daddy issues I have personally, but you guys didn't like it when I gave a one-word review for the last movie I saw!
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
Of course, I might just be revealing a whole mess of daddy issues I have personally

This is basically it.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Hollywood Daniel.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you are sort of right on the money, Dan. But the important thing to remember is that the father is the antagonist/villain of the whole story. Remember how in the beginning there is a time lapse of eight and a half years? Imagine your whole childhood seeing your father as someone like Lord Business, and you probably would think he has been a villain forever. And the whole point of that ending was to show that he was more willing to follow his fatherly duties and change.
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched fight club while doing some homework still love it one of my favorites
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched

Jack Ryan : Shadow Recruit

2/5 - jumpy, but lacking and cliche.

as a fan of bond and counter intelligence thrillers I was disappointed. My lady laughed out lloud at a few scenes, which i try not to do out of respect, but I couldn't get too upset because the theater was near empty and it was justifiable.

The trailer made it look soo good tho.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for watching that Urban and letting me know I don't have to for all of humanity. Staying far away.

Now I hate the Lego Movie because Last word has to... I mean Longo... oh fuck it.

Razz
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But... everything is awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and the kids just saw the Lego Movie. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Got a kick out of all the references thrown in there for the adults and the kids loved it

I didn't even mind the ending even though the cynical side of me was thinking they put that in there to give us fathers the cats in the cradle guilt trip thing so we'd go out and buy some legos for our sons after the movie.

If I had one minor complaint, it'd be about the WiIl Ferrell character. He was basically doing the same bit he did from the Mega Mind movie where he'd always mispronounce words. So i guess mispronouncing the names of common household items is comedy now. I don't know, maybe it would've been funnier if he had not done the same exact thing in the other movie.

Still an enjoyable movie and well worth seeing.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C_nate wrote:
So i guess mispronouncing the names of common household items is comedy now.

Hell yes, I always laugh when someone says Spatular on Sponge Bob.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Last Vegas on Sunday with my friends, it was actually a pretty funny movie. Starts off a bit slow and not that funny but it gets better.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
But... everything is awesome!

Not only that but most certainly the Lego movie! I love it so much, definitely recommend to people who grew up on Legos no matter your age.
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Love

I went to see this movie expecting the dark, terribly tragic film that was the original, which I decided to skip and instead just read the synopsis of. Instead, I was treated to a typical chick flick with such lines as "love is worth fighting for" and "we don't have to do this ('this' being bang like tigers on the floor of her parent's den)" as said by a horny teen. All in all, it was better than 90% of other chick flicks, because it included Captain Pike being punched in the face and T-1000 was in it also, but it's really only a remake in name.

See, I went to see this movie because it's 5 buck tuesday, and romance movies make my lady happy so that I can do the weird stuff. And between this and Winter's Tale, I chose this easily. There were way less people in the theater, so I could sneak in 10 bucks worth of taco bell and no one would complain.

2.5/5
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justice League: War
It was pretty good. Never read the comic, though.
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got home from work today. Life has been hectic and I'm having a rough time, so I decided to take the boys to the Lego Movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it as did the boys. It is way more funny than it deserved to be and the meta-ness of it all was probably the best thing when you really start thinking about all the little clues and crossovers. So many of the jokes were great one and two liners (vitroovius' first scene) but the running gag was better. In regards to all the white text so far. I can white text too.For me, as a father, the big message wasn't that dad is an unfulfilled corporate douchebot, it was that he had taken something that he loved and boiled it down to the austere collection attitude. Pristine complete sets minus the Mylar covers. Honestly, we all do it as adults. We want to build something big but not necessarily unique. We want to get that 100% completion trophy despite the fact that usually it is the exact opposite of fun. The adult idea of fun at times is so different than a child's. I catch myself wanting to follow the instructions all the time while my kids are just happy slapping shit together with their Lego sets. I don't even enjoy video games the same way. The boys will sit there on LBP just dressing their characters for hours and laughing until they piss themselves. I lose interest in seconds. And instead of just enjoying creation or spontaneity or whatever it is they are receiving, I would go play something until I get validation (level up in COD or Tapped Out or a new trophy). But at some point you have to say, "fuck it" and just get down there and play without a goal or an endgame. I was touched by the ending because I'm a sappy man-child of a Dad and my take on it is a realization I had awhile back and a change I put in place.

4/5

intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just watched midnight in paris. actually loved it.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bret, I think what you said is what they were going for, and I think it works great. I don't get why people are so eager to assign some sort of political statement to it.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Stop

Surprisingly not bad. There were a lot of really stupid moments (I DID IT BECAUSE OF 9/11! and when he has to save the little girl because LITTLE GIRL!) but besides that, it was pretty fun.

3.5/5
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animalympics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48AihwuY2OI

4.5/5

It may not be the best movie ever made, but it's definitely a classic, and the history behind it is monumental. It was originally meant to accompany the 1980 Summer Olympics, which the US boycotted. Regardless, many people who worked on it became very, very successful, notably the director of The Lion King, the director of FernGully, the director of Tron, and the director/writer of The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille.

I first saw this movie when I was a squirt, so I didn't fully appreciate just how big it really is. I remembered how the marathon ends, and that was about it. Watching it again, I realize, without a doubt, the messages and style of the movie have subconsciously stuck with me all this time. My perception of love, beauty, language, and humor can all be traced back to this, almost eerily. To top it all off, I believe that this is what ultimately lead me to be a furry.

Picture very much related.

Seeing it all again, I notice the quality of the soundtrack, the animation, and the voice talent. I learned a lot from the movie, and from researching it. I had no idea who Gilda Radner was, but after watching the movie and looking her up, I learned about her tragic, poetic death, and instantly felt as if I had lost a close friend, right then and there.

TL;DR, I love this movie, and I suggest it to anyone who likes classic cartoons, sports, or 70's/80's pop culture.

o--(^-^)--o
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saving Mr. Banks

Tom Hanks made me believe (again *sniff*) he was Walt Disney, enough to jog the memory to old tv clips I had seen as a child. Like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNQw9VApxsI (except perhaps in not in black and white)
Of course these clips were already years old at the time I had seen them as a child, but they kept Walt's intros intact during the Disney replays during the 80s so this movie still counts as nostalgia fuel for me. Makes me wish I was born a little earlier to really see Walt in action on television. Dunno when they stopped airing the intros with the guy, I swear Walt was more loveable than fucking Santa. Damn those grandfatherly mustaches.
but anyway, back to the movie..

So it starts off really well, I thought for sure the film would be a sleeper hit for the first 40 minutes, but then it just sort of becomes a marketing film for Disney...kinda. I mean, that's the entire plot anyway, so of course it would, but damn.
They actually get back into the original plot in the last 20 minutes of the film and that's great, but it felt secondary after the commercials aired. The sprinkled in bits of heart came off as more of a smokescreen to a larger agenda.

Still it's gotta be better than that shitty looking 300 prequel, and without seeing that shitty 300 prequel I can safely say that it was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 110, 111, 112  Next
Page 93 of 112
Jump to: